~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

Congrats ZkittyKurls!

Today I got a compliment from a 1st grader in my DD's class. She said my hair was pretty and that it was just like hers. My DD chimed in that my hair was always pretty and her hair is just like mine too.

I'm on Cloud 9!!:luv2: The very reason I decided to stop relaxing was to show my DD that her hair is in fact beautiful.:drunk:

Congrats ZkittyKurls!

Today I got a compliment from a 1st grader in my DD's class. She said my hair was pretty and that it was just like hers. My DD chimed in that my hair was always pretty and her hair is just like mine too.

I'm on Cloud 9!!:luv2: The very reason I decided to stop relaxing was to show my DD that her hair is in fact beautiful.:drunk:

This brought a smile to my face!! That was really sweet!!! Your DD is a:littleang

Thanks ladies!

Does anyone know if we're getting the thank you button back? I'm kinda going through withdrawal over here

When you BCd - November 13th. 2010

How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd - 18 months [/B][/B]

Have you been natural before? When? - yes junior high school back in 1997-98? for about a year

Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) - a detailed description can help in evaluating product and regimen's possible effectiveness -75% shrinkage, growth pattern is out, except for the wee teeny section in the back middle its 3c texture and everything else is 4a for the most part. i have s shaped as well as coils

Your current regimen - dont really have a regimen yetYour favorite styles

Your current length and goal length - current length is bet sl and apl. and i would like to make it to below wl stretched

Your photo album, if any- no photo album yet

@ZkittyKurls, once again your hair is beautiful!

@Mrs.J, aww that story was sweet! My oldest dd is in 1st grade too!

I am loving all the styles and pics from you ladies, keep them coming!

This is the first time that I went more than one week without washing/DCing etc. I definitely prefer the once a week schedule, but I have enjoyed this low maintenance style in the meantime.

Attachments

• PB170755-a.jpg
    PB170755-a.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 27
  • PB170754-a.jpg
    PB170754-a.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 27
I haven't been on the board in a while everything looks different, I see the thanks and siggies are gone, oh well. Anyhow, I straightened my hair for the first time since my chop in may and figured I'd share a bunch of pictures (I have about 18 months worth of hair now).

I usually wear my hair in a plain fro because I'm too lazy to do anything else. I wash, throw on a leave in and some gel or mousse and go. Sometimes I'll put it in a puff but even that doesn't happen often. On day 2, 3, 4... I either spritz with water or lightly rewet it in the shower till I feel like washing again. When away from home I'll go as long as a full month without detangling or ever running a comb through it :look:, just spritz and go.

puff.jpg
beachfro.jpg
fro.jpg

Last edited:
And now the straight hair pics, the shrinkage is pretty ridiculous :lol:

Does anyone know how to blowdry without getting those knotty looking ends? It ended up looking a bit poufy so I wore it half up, half down. It seems to be about shoulderish length now. My flatironing skills are pretty sucky but I swear it looked better in person :lol:. I twisted it and wore it in 'beach waves' on day 2, same for day 3 and I'll probably wash it out on day 4.

Last edited:

Does anyone know how to blowdry without getting those knotty looking ends? It ended up looking a bit poufy so I wore it half up, half down. It seems to be about shoulderish length now. My flatironing skills are pretty sucky but I swear it looked better in person :lol:. I twisted it and wore it in 'beach waves' on day 2, same for day 3 and I'll probably wash it out on day 4.

Your flat iron looks great to me.:yep: I haven't straightened my hair yet, but I hear the comb chase method is good for getting the ends straight. You have a really nice length too. Nice to see your update.

I've done the comb chase method and it really makes those ends straight. I brought the comb and just got the brush that Brittany uses for her heat trained look, have tried it but the comb works so the brush should too. I was thinking the instyler probably does work. I'm not great at it but practice makes perfect.

Your flat iron looks great to me.:yep: I haven't straightened my hair yet, but I hear the comb chase method is good for getting the ends straight. You have a really nice length too. Nice to see your update.

I've done the comb chase method and it really makes those ends straight. I brought the comb and just got the brush that Brittany uses for her heat trained look, have tried it but the comb works so the brush should too. I was thinking the instyler probably does work. I'm not great at it but practice makes perfect.

Thanks for the advice, that's what I mean by sucky, I tried doing the comb chase but holding the comb with my left hand while holding the iron with the right proved too much for me, I ended up using one of these
ez_comb3.jpg

but I think I might need to get something like this for next time in about another 6 months to a year, it took forever and a day :nono:

Thanks for the advice, that's what I mean by sucky, I tried doing the comb chase but holding the comb with my left hand while holding the iron with the right proved too much for me, I ended up using one of these
ez_comb3.jpg

but I think I might need to get something like this for next time in about another 6 months to a year, it took forever and a day :nono:

That the comb I have, it takes practice since most of us newly natural never done this before. I brought this brush have not use it yet but I got it on ebay for $12.99 free shipping by seller Eryn beauty ( I think spelled right) I'm with you we'll get it, practice, practice:grin:

hello ladies!! i have been natural for 1 week! time sure is flying! :yep:here r some random pics just a puff n a twist updo

Attachments

• 26496632666_ORIG.jpg
    26496632666_ORIG.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 26496632760_ORIG.jpg
    26496632760_ORIG.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 14
  • 26534402215_ORIG.jpg
    26534402215_ORIG.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 26534402231_ORIG.jpg
    26534402231_ORIG.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 26496673301_ORIG.jpg
    26496673301_ORIG.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 11
here is the updo. the puff took 15 gosh darn mins just to get my hair in a ponytail holder:sad:

Attachments

• 26534402251_ORIG.jpg
    26534402251_ORIG.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 26534402325_ORIG.jpg
    26534402325_ORIG.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 26534402355_ORIG.jpg
    26534402355_ORIG.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 26534522081_ORIG.jpg
    26534522081_ORIG.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 13
^^^ZkittyKurls you are not playing! I like all the different styles you achieved. Very nice!

I'm working with two strand twist now. My flat twist was a bust! I'll post pics later....... :(

I did not like the results of my flat twist out. I did it on wet hair with KCKT and sealed with jojoba oil. The front was well defined but the rest was a huge puff with no definition. :sad:

It took a lot of work to get them dang twist in, all for not. I may try one more time with my Quemet products.

ANY ADVICE OR TIPS FOR FLAT TWIST WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED! :yep:

393523341.jpg

393523340.jpg

I'm starting to get really frustrauted with my hair. It knots up like crazy and it will not stay moisturized no matter what. I can moisturize my hair every hour and nothing. It really makes me want to relax.

I haven't been on as much so I'm a little late with this response but, I had the same issue not too long ago. Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, Castor Oil and Qhemet Biologic's Amla and Olive Heavy cream helped sooo much. And then to get rid of the temptation to cut/perm my hair, I got box braids/micros put in. They've been in for about a month now and I'm planning on keeping them in for another month. The only thing I use is the Heavy Cream for my scalp and some cheap braid spray (without glycerin) for my braids. So far, my hair is growing pretty well. I don't know if this method will work for you but either way. Hang in there and good luck!

Everybody seems to be doing great. :yep:
I haven't checked in too often because of all the maintenance the forum is going through..

ZkittyKurls, congrats on your BC and welcome to the thread. Your hair is beautiful and I look forward to your hairstyles!

I straightened last week and.... I made APL!! :yay:

I DCed overnight and when I washed it out this morning, I was ready to cry thinking I had horrible heat damage, but I have my hair in a ponytail/puff and it seems to be curling and kinking up again. I'll do a WnG tomorrow just to be sure, but I'm hoping it's just the cones. I used soo much heatprotectant my hair was greasy for days. :lol:

^^^ZkittyKurls you are not playing! I like all the different styles you achieved. Very nice!

I did not like the results of my flat twist out. I did it on wet hair with KCKT and sealed with jojoba oil. The front was well defined but the rest was a huge puff with no definition. :sad:

It took a lot of work to get them dang twist in, all for not. I may try one more time with my Quemet products.

I really like it, actually. But I'm a fan of fluffy hair..

Was your hair completely dry when you took out the twists?

Everyone's hair looks great!:clap: I'm still a little upset about my nape setback earlier this year.:sad: I definetely would have been below SL by now but I'm confident that I can still make APL, or possibly even BSL in 2011.:look: I've been going hard with lots of protein lately and my nape is responding well to it.

Keep up the good work, Ladies.

I made my 18 months post relaxer anniversary and my 2 months natural anniversary this weekend!

I also wore my first "down" hairstyle to work today! I got so many compliments from coworkers and my hubby that I wondered why I was hesitant to do wear it like this in the first place. Pics to come....

Attachments

• PB210758-a.JPG
    PB210758-a.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 58
  • PB210759-a.jpg
    PB210759-a.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I really like it, actually. But I'm a fan of fluffy hair..

Was your hair completely dry when you took out the twists?

Thanks! My hair was completely dry girl. I didn't understand why it was so darn fluffy. I didn't use much product so that may have played a part.

393523341.jpg

393523340.jpg

It looks really cute to me!!! Just keep working on them if you're not totally satisified :yep:!! I worked on my hair all day Saturday and it came out pretty cute. I'm taking pictures later on today to post!

Back