~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

Hi all, it's been a pretty busy month for me too. I've had to be waking up at 4:30-4:45. I've completely ditched the gel this month. I cowash/dc every 1.5-2 weeks. Every night I'll use moisturizer, seal with oil, braid or twist into 10-16 braids or twists (depending on my parting), put on my nightcap, and go to bed. In the morning I untwist/braid, use my pick to lift up the roots, and make up my puff. I think I'm retaining pretty well with this method and I can go up to 2 weeks without washing and my hair remains soft and moisturized. When I have an elective and have more time in the morning I may go back to my gel since I'll have more time for washing but for now this works for me since I just have to braid/twist at night and don't have to worry about washing out gel and all this extra stuff

ETA I've changed up my sealant to something thicker. It's now castor oil/avocado oil/EVOO/EV coconut oil. I think it would be too thick for the summer but now it's gotten colder this seems to keep my hair soft for dayssss

Last edited:
I attempted to put the fluffy twists in on my own and failed. I may try again at the start of next year. The hair was really pretty though.

I actually did the whole front half of my head, but I struggled with the back so I took it all out. I'm gonna put some minis in next week and keep that in for a month.

Those fluffy twists were so cute from the front, but I don't think it's a style that would last for more than a month.

Finally I can post! I had a successful braidout the other day
Here are the pics of course. As the day went on it got less defined since I didn't use any styling product. The first 3 are in the beginning of the day. The last pic is at the end of the day.
IMG_0882-vi.jpg
192328299.jpg
192327988-1.jpg
IMG_0892.jpg

I'm starting to get really frustrauted with my hair. It knots up like crazy and it will not stay moisturized no matter what. I can moisturize my hair every hour and nothing. It really makes me want to relax.

Last night I dreamed that I relaxed my hair.:thud: I was halfway into the application when I thought "What am I doing? I'm supposed to stay natural." I ran around the house looking for the sink so I could wash it out. Then I wondered if I should just continue the relaxing process then immediately start transitioning again.:perplexed

I don't know why I dreamed that but I'm glad it's just a dream.:lol: I have noticed a few midshift splits in my shed hair :nono: so I'm going to start incorporating wheat germ oil into my regimen again. I was planning to braid my hair for the winter but I want to make sure that it's in tip top shape before I do.

Lady I had the same dream not too long ago I woke up in a sweat :lol:

Hi ladies I hadn't been on b/c I hated the upgrade, logged on over the weekend to see that they were downgrading and I feel much better now lol

I haven't seen my hair in a couple months, I'm sure it has grown but I guess I'll take some progress pics at the end of the year. Everyone's hair looks nice, keep it up

I'm starting to get really frustrauted with my hair. It knots up like crazy and it will not stay moisturized no matter what. I can moisturize my hair every hour and nothing. It really makes me want to relax.

Maybe you need to clarify. When's the last time you've done that? My hair used to be like that too and I had to stop co washing. My hair does so much better that I use shampoo once a week. My hair was having too much buildup from the conditioner, Guess it's all the cones. So I wash like Kimmay does. I shampoo with and before I rinse out the shampoo I put conditioner on top of the shampoo and then rinse out. (Something about when you shampoo the cuticles are raised and while it's raised put the conditioner on. Gets inside the cuticles.) My hair feels so much better! And I also baggy on dry hair at night. (just started this) and I like it!

Hey Everyone :) I'm doing braidouts mostly. I spritz my hair with water. Moisturize with Hello Hydration conditioner and a little of HE none of your frizzness leave-in, then I take a dab of HE tousle me softly on each section before I braid.

I'm loving HE products. Especially the Hello Hydration conditioner. That stuff is the bomb for my dry 4a/4b hair.

***Also HELL froze over and my mom asked what do I do to my hair to make it soft because she was thinking about not getting a relaxer anymore:blush:***

photo-vi.jpg

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Love your hair Mrs. J! When you wear your hair down (or out) how do you style the front? I am playing with some angled parts for the front. I am not big on hair accessories/barrettes/clips, so I am just at a loss....

Beautiful hair!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all, it's been a pretty busy month for me too. I've had to be waking up at 4:30-4:45. I've completely ditched the gel this month. I cowash/dc every 1.5-2 weeks. Every night I'll use moisturizer, seal with oil, braid or twist into 10-16 braids or twists (depending on my parting), put on my nightcap, and go to bed. In the morning I untwist/braid, use my pick to lift up the roots, and make up my puff. I think I'm retaining pretty well with this method and I can go up to 2 weeks without washing and my hair remains soft and moisturized. When I have an elective and have more time in the morning I may go back to my gel since I'll have more time for washing but for now this works for me since I just have to braid/twist at night and don't have to worry about washing out gel and all this extra stuff

ETA I've changed up my sealant to something thicker. It's now castor oil/avocado oil/EVOO/EV coconut oil. I think it would be too thick for the summer but now it's gotten colder this seems to keep my hair soft for dayssss

Love your hair Mrs. J! When you wear your hair down (or out) how do you style the front? I am playing with some angled parts for the front. I am not big on hair accessories/barrettes/clips, so I am just at a loss....

thanks Alta :)

I always do a Braid or a Flat Twist across the front. Sometimes with an angled part in the middle. I'll have to take a pic when I do it again. *ETA - 2 pics that I had on my phone-I'm addicted to hair obviously* The 2 pics I attached show parts at the top of my hair that I failed to cover up so ignore that foolishness :drunk: but you can see the front is flat twisted...sorry for the dark pics.
photo2-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 25
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Love it! I am going to attempt to flat twist the front next time. I hate to admit it but I have yet to wear my hair "down" since being natural.

thanks Alta :)

I always do a Braid or a Flat Twist across the front. Sometimes with an angled part in the middle. I'll have to take a pic when I do it again. *ETA - 2 pics that I had on my phone-I'm addicted to hair obviously* The 2 pics I attached show parts at the top of my hair that I failed to cover up so ignore that foolishness :drunk: but you can see the front is flat twisted...sorry for the dark pics.
photo2-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

I am so going to try to do a flaat twists in the front. One quick question. Is it better to do it on wet or dry hair?

It's been my experience that flat twisting on dry hair is better. It's even more so best to do it on fully detangled hair. Just remember, the parts make the twists!

Everyone's hair looks so great. Love that braid out Mrs. J. and Fox.

I'm still wearing my hair in two strand twists for a few days, and then I wear a twistout for my days off. I Am So Lovin It!

Nov92010010-vi.jpg

Nov92010021-vi.jpg

Nov92010024-vi.jpg

Whoo, so glad I can copy and paste my pics again!!:yep:

Pic of my hair full of conditioner, right before a DC

I have not done a DC since summer *shame*

ETA: trying to resize this ding dang photo lol

2ld7e2w.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0775-1[1] (2).jpg
    IMAG0775-1[1] (2).jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Love your hair MrsJ! How do you separate your twistout?

Thank you! Very carefully :lol:..with oil on my fingers. I also smooth the hair while separating and I try not to separate too much because my hair will get frizzy.

LOVING the pics Foxglove, MummysGirl and Stephelise!!! Everyone's hair is looking FAB!

PRETTY HAIR :drunk: Anew!!

Last edited:
It's been my experience that flat twisting on dry hair is better. It's even more so best to do it on fully detangled hair. Just remember, the parts make the twists!

Everyone's hair looks so great. Love that braid out Mrs. J. and Fox.

I'm still wearing my hair in two strand twists for a few days, and then I wear a twistout for my days off. I Am So Lovin It!

Nov92010010-vi.jpg

Nov92010021-vi.jpg

Nov92010024-vi.jpg

Whoo, so glad I can copy and paste my pics again!!:yep:

You're beautiful StephElise! And the twists are so cute on you. :yep: Just thought I'd say that.

What are you moisturizing with?

What works for my hair is this : I spritz with water, then I apply Hello Hydration Conditioner and None of your Frizzyness Leave-in conditioner then seal with a small amount of oil.

I am so going to try to do a flaat twists in the front. One quick question. Is it better to do it on wet or dry hair?

Are you going to do a twistout? If so, I do it on moisturized hair, not wet because my hair takes forever to dry and if I try to undo the twists while wet the result is frizzy/poofy hair. If youre not doing a twist out then wet or dry hair is fine.

Everyone's hair is looking great! I realized this morning that I have only been moisturizing and sealing once a day, and I think my hair is upset with me about it. Starting tonight I will go back to my original regimen of cowashing in the morning, bunning, and then applying shea butter and oil to my hair at night, and then baggying.

I was going to straighten my hair for Christmas, but I don't think it's grown much since my October update, and I'm due for a trim, so I will put off the straightening until sometime in 2011.

Where is the darn thanks button? You ladies are working it! I love it all.

I'm working with two strand twist now. My flat twist was a bust! I'll post pics later....... :(

Back