~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

I just wanted to officially post that I am now all natural (go me! go me!). I did the Big Chop at 14 months post texlaxer on October 24. Whoot! Whoot!

Congrats!!!

I'm still experimenting with products since I'm getting re-acquainted with my natural hair. I tried the HE none of your frizzness leave in and really like it. It smells great and is pretty moisturizing. I slowed down on the WnGs because of some freak cold weather, but it's warm again so I'm back to cowashing 2-3x a week. I've also started baggying overnight which my hair loves.

Congrats!!!

I'm still experimenting with products since I'm getting re-acquainted with my natural hair. I tried the HE none of your frizzness leave in and really like it. It smells great and is pretty moisturizing. I slowed down on the WnGs because of some freak cold weather, but it's warm again so I'm back to cowashing 2-3x a week. I've also started baggying overnight which my hair loves.

I wish I could baggy. My hair loved it.....my scalp did not!

Still playing in my hair and trying new styles :spinning:

This is a flat twist in the front with a puff.

photo-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

Last edited:
6 months post BC today!:yay::superbanana::woot: I don't have pics yet, I hope to have some this weekend.

My new favorites are: baggying with Sta Sof Fro and Haitian Black Castor Oil. This mix is awesome for my hair!:yep: I also purchased a few bottles of Jamaican BCO yesterday from Sams24-7. I'll try this after I finish the HBCO. GVP version of Redken Extreme Anti-Snap leave-in condish. This stuff is great for breakage. I wish I had known about this product earlier.

Winter is here so my WNG's days are over!!!

All these styles were done using Kimmaytube's Leave In with either KCCC or Ecostyle gel to set the coils.

Regular everyday WNG with a part in the middle. I can clearly see my heat damaged areas in this pic.

392986960.jpg

I twisted up the front in flat bantu knots to switch it up.

392986965.jpg

Texture shot of the back of may hair in an old WNG!

392986982.jpg

I sure do love my natural hair ladies!!!!! :grin:

Hey Ladies,

I hope everyone is having a great time with their hair. Everyone's hair looks GORGEOUS!!!

I love me hair, but I doubt that my hair loves me back. I'm drooling over everyone else's hair and I'm beginning to think my hair is jealous and has gone on strike. It's been 2 months since my BC and I still haven't figured out what my hair WANTS. Anywho...it's time for a clarify, color and deep condition. I think I might try the henna this time around. If anything, at least it will cover all the grey hair. I will have to post pics sometime soon.

So many beautiful pictures, I'm in awe!

Last month, even last week, I never would have guessed I'd be posting in this thread! I chopped off my relaxed hair on tuesday after being about 9 weeks post so I've got a TWA and I'm so happy!

Right now, I have alot of straight hairs sticking up everywhere and I'm not sure if they are relaxed ends or not. So far, my hair looooves AO Honeysuckle rose. I use it as a moisturizer and use it for to deep condition my hair. I deep conditioned my hair for the second time since my BC today, mixed Honeysuckle with some honey and EVOO and put a cap on for about an hour while doing some work. The results were great, even better than when I did a steam treatment with the ORS packet the day after my BC. I had problems figuring out how to get some curl definition but randomly figured it out today by mixing a bit of honeysuckle with vegetable glycerin.

OK, I'll be honest, as much as I love figuring out my hair and staring at it, I don't feel confident enough to rock a TWA...so I'm wearing wigs till it grows out longer. I just don't feel attractive enough. There I said it! I will try to take pictures and post them on here later.

I'm really looking forward to learning from you all and growing beautiful hair together. Cheers!

Last edited:
I will be 4 months post next week. Time has flown. I won't post any new pics until I am 6 months post. I have been getting a lot compliments on my hair lately and I believe it is bc I've figured out what works for my hair. I cowash daily,wash out all of the conditioner,use a spray moisturizer, and go. My coils are clearly defined with this process. I love it bc it is so easy. I will continue with this throughout the fall & winter. I was a daily cowasher & wet bunner while texlaxed and transitioning so I'm not concerned. I :love: my hair. Once my hair gets longer I may have to change but I will wait until that happens.

I straightened my hair yesterday but I'm not sure if I like it.:ohwell: I need a trim because I have a few SSKs that I wasn't aware of until I straighten. I'm happy with the thickness but I was expecting more length (I'm NL with a few SL strands in the back :nono:. I was hoping for full SL by now :sad:) I didn't take pics yet but I think I'm going to wash out the press and just wear my natural to work this week.

What do YOU like better? Anything you decide to do, do for YOU FIRST.

I'm really not sure. If I do decide to relax I know I wont be doing it anytime soon. My hair is only ear length and I dont want to straighten it just to cut it into a style. I'll wait till I make shoulder length. Right now I love my curls, and the thickness.....but I have no clue what my hair will look like as it gains length.

IMG_0858.jpg
IMG_0856.jpg

Mr T won top 3 costumes last night :party:
ETA some of my coworkers told me to come to work in a frohawk too. I don't think that's gonna work lol
After seeing this one also mentioned that I do so much with my hair. I felt all warm on the inside:grin:

ETA again. I was headed over to my parents house yesterday and didn't feel like fixing my hair so I threw on a scarf and this is how it came out. I thought it was cute but I knew my mom would find something wrong with it so I did my usual puff. I will keep it in mind for the future though
IMG_0870.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Ladies,

I hope everyone is having a great time with their hair. Everyone's hair looks GORGEOUS!!!

I love me hair, but I doubt that my hair loves me back. I'm drooling over everyone else's hair and I'm beginning to think my hair is jealous and has gone on strike. It's been 2 months since my BC and I still haven't figured out what my hair WANTS. Anywho...it's time for a clarify, color and deep condition. I think I might try the henna this time around. If anything, at least it will cover all the grey hair. I will have to post pics sometime soon.

It took my hair about 2 months to decide what it wanted to do..matter of fact..i think She still is deciding! lol...that's why I affectionately named her Diva...she does what she wants to do when she wants to...hehe

I'll say this much...after I henna-ed the first time...my hair definitely seemed more manageable...less of a Diva..lol..i love it...my curls began to pop more

Thanks so much for this thread, I really needed it. I recently did the BC, but I've been so cunfused by how to care for my hair since then :(

ionly have a few inches left of relaxer in the front part of my hair, but since ive gave up on flat irons/direct heat ijust wash &bun and no one can tell >=)

btw ilovee that this thread exists =D very helpful indeed =)

Hey new natural! I'm 10 months natural time flies, I'm happy to be natural because my hair has more body. I've straighten maybe 3 times this year and never liked it when I was relax just dull, a braidout on straight hair looks better. I wear mostly buns, puff, braidout/washout every other week. HHJ

Welcome cyberlil!!

I just wanted to share (shared briefly on the co-wash thread) that I bought the HE "none of your frizzness" and used it after cowashing this morning with Suave Humectant and applying my usual kids organics shea leave-in. I "sealed" with EVOO. My hair was super shiny today and very very soft. The curls were so defined and did not get all frizzy once my hair dried like it usually does. My hair looked wet all day but dried much quicker than it does with gel. I'm thinking of giving my megatub of ecostyler away. Ok, just wanted to share and hopes that helps someone :)

Back