~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

I wasn't able to log back in after the Benonite Clay treatment. I think it's a keeper!:yep: Benonite Clay is an excellent clarifier that left my have feeling soft.

Keep up the good work, Ladies! Congrats to the new BC'ers!:congrats:

So big thanks to Foxglove about the tip on the Tangle Teezer.:goodone:
I've used it a couple of times and I must say that this is definately a keeper.:yep: It detangled my hair sooo fast without any tugging or pulling. I had very little hair in the brush and what I did have all appeared to be shed hairs not breakage. If you want to reduce your detangling time, I highly recommend this product. Not that I'm being paid for advertising or anything, but this has me wanting to put down my seamless big tooth comb.:spinning:

ETA: wanted to try to add a pic
August-2010-006-th.jpg

Last edited:
I'm loving my hair so far. My BC was May 1, 2010. My favorite styles are two-strand twists and twist outs. I bought a .5 inch flat iron and used it once...The results were cool, didn't have time to take pics of that though.

My favorite gel is African Essences. Its beside the ECO Styler gel in the BSS. This stuf is the truth and its only $1.79 for a giant tub of it lol.

I've used it a couple of times and I must say that this is definately a keeper.:yep: It detangled my hair sooo fast without any tugging or pulling. I had very little hair in the brush and what I did have all appeared to be shed hairs not breakage. If you want to reduce your detangling time, I highly recommend this product. Not that I'm being paid for advertising or anything, but this has me wanting to put down my seamless big tooth comb.:spinning:

August-2010-006-th.jpg

The teeth look really small! But i may give this a try. How much was it?

The teeth are small but they aren't stiff in that it has some flexibility in them so as not to pull or snag hair. It's a European product(London) which converted to about $17 US including shipping and handling. Kinda steep but I really think it's worth it in the long run.

:hiya: Ladies! Everyone's hair is looking good. I just made the decision to move into the Fitness Industry full time :yay::pullhair::yahoo: This is the right time for me to do it but it's so scary BUT sooooo exciting. Just thought I'd share with you all. I still have a month left to work in my office job but I'm starting next month as a full time Fitness Instructor and Trainer (I currently do this part time/outside of work hours which is why I've been very busy).

My hair's still in twists... I cowashed after my workout this evening. I might do a twistout tomorrow but I'm definitely twisting my hair on Sunday.

Hey guys it's been a while since I checked in. I came in to praise my pick with metal teeth. It looks like this minus the fist
41bUJUau-SL._SL160_.jpg

I've always used it and I love it bc it glides through my hair when I'm lifting my roots to fluff out my hair. Today I made the mistake of using a plastic one. Such a huuuuge difference. I know if I had been using the plastic one all along I would have ripped out so much of my hair. The metal just glides through my hair, it's not abbrasive, and I can fluff my hair without worrying about damaging it

:hiya: Ladies! Everyone's hair is looking good. I just made the decision to move into the Fitness Industry full time :yay::pullhair::yahoo: This is the right time for me to do it but it's so scary BUT sooooo exciting. Just thought I'd share with you all. I still have a month left to work in my office job but I'm starting next month as a full time Fitness Instructor and Trainer (I currently do this part time/outside of work hours which is why I've been very busy).

My hair's still in twists... I cowashed after my workout this evening. I might do a twistout tomorrow but I'm definitely twisting my hair on Sunday.

Congratulations!! I would buy a membership but I'm too lazy to work out on the regular

August-2010-006-th.jpg

must...resist...

I know I need to use multiquote but I'm making up for my vacation from this thread :lol:
My favorite guy I love to hate for his skills made some new videos
This one is on refreshing two strand twists
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi-kekgqom4

This one is on washing two strand twists
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVLDI_qTKvA

It's worth it to mention he does this on small twists but I don't see why it wouldn't work on bigger twists

Hi Ladies! :hiya:

• When you BCd August 30, 2010
  • How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd 15 months
  • Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) 4b medium density....I dunno the rest of what you ask.....lol :lachen:
  • Your current regimen Playing it by ear for now. Conditioning to the max, however!
  • Your favorite styles So far, bantu knot outs
  • Your current length and goal length Current length is barely neck length, goal length is APL stretched.

My BC thread is in my siggy if you are interested! :grin:

Funny moment

I was on my way to work when I decided to stop by whole foods. I wanted to make my own dc for my wash day tomorrow. So I picked up an avocado some greek yogurt raw honey grape seed oil and garlic extract. I also picked up some acv. I went to the checkout. I start putting my stuff on the turn belt. The cashier starts scanning and she's looking at everything I have. Then she looks me. Then she looks at the stuff again then she looks at my hair and says

"Somebody is gonna have some fun tonight!"

I just looked at her and busted out laughing. What a funny way to start my morning.

It's time for my mini twists to come out. I've had them in for 2 weeks. I wanted to keep them for a month but they're starting to look frizzy and I'm afraid they may lock.

Funny moment

I was on my way to work when I decided to stop by whole foods. I wanted to make my own dc for my wash day tomorrow. So I picked up an avocado some greek yogurt raw honey grape seed oil and garlic extract. I also picked up some acv. I went to the checkout. I start putting my stuff on the turn belt. The cashier starts scanning and she's looking at everything I have. Then she looks me. Then she looks at the stuff again then she looks at my hair and says

"Somebody is gonna have some fun tonight!"

I just looked at her and busted out laughing. What a funny way to start my morning.

:lol: She was probably a 'cousin'

How is everyone's hair doing?

Time for me to go back under wigs! I've cherished the time that I've spent with my newly natural hair this spring and summer, but I'd like to give myself and my hair a break. I think we both deserve it. I got this wig, Otto:
image.php

I've actually known about this wig for some time, since glamazini has mentioned it several times. I never entertained it as an option for me because I prefer a smaller curl/coil and although it looks gorgeous on glamizini, I am no glamazini and I wasn't sure if it would suit my face.

So, I decided that I wanted a curly wig with a bang/layers and I tried on a few (tracked some down online but I felt it was best to try them on) and it was just.too.much.hair. One actually looked ok but it was a lacefront and I wasn't willing to pay more money for something that I'm not keen on. Went to another store, looked around, explained what I wanted and the clerk said that otto was the only thing that fir my description. I immediately remembered it from glamazini's blog and figured I might as well try it on...and was pleasantly surprised. This was it!!! I tried it on again when I got home and I really, really like it.
Can't wait to experiment with different styles.

I guess I'll be doing my usual cornrowing underneath. I think I might straighten my hair and do a trim (i'm overdue for one :look:) next week. I'll do my usual henna this weekend a series of moisturizing dc's to prep it.

Last edited:
Hi ladies!

I've started a new (lazier) routine with my hair. I've been cowashing every morning, moisturizing, and wet bunning. I have been doing Bikram yoga about 5 days a week so if I have a class in the evening I will water rinse my hair, apply coconut oil, and put my hair in a loose bun for the night. If i don't work out then my bun stays in until I cowash the next morning. I'm still using Mane n Tail and the Shea Moisture DC on Friday's so that my hair gets the TLC it truly needs. I haven't noticed any extra breakage or dryness from not re-moisturizing at night.

I plan on straightening in October when I'll be two years post!! I'm going to order the Mizani Thermasmooth system because it worked really well for my hair when the salon used it.

I think that after I straighten my hair I'll go back to re-moisturizing at night to fight the winter cold.

How is everyone's hair doing?

Time for me to go back under wigs! I've cherished the time that I've spent with my newly natural hair this spring and summer, but I'd like to give myself and my hair a break. I think we both deserve it. I got this wig, Otto:
image.php

I've actually known about this wig for some time, since glamazini has mentioned it several times. I never entertained it as an option for me because I prefer a smaller curl/coil and although it looks gorgeous on glamizini, I am no glamazini and I wasn't sure if it would suit my face.

So, I decided that I wanted a curly wig with a bang/layers and I tried on a few (tracked some down online but I felt it was best to try them on) and it was just.too.much.hair. One actually looked ok but it was a lacefront and I wasn't willing to pay more money for something that I'm not keen on. Went to another store, looked around, explained what I wanted and the clerk said that otto was the only thing that fir my description. I immediately remembered it from glamazini's blog and figured I might as well try it on...and was pleasantly surprised. This was it!!! I tried it on again when I got home and I really, really like it.
Can't wait to experiment with different styles.

I guess I'll be doing my usual cornrowing underneath. I think I might straighten my hair and do a trim (i'm overdue for one :look:) next week. I'll do my usual henna this weekend a series of moisturizing dc's to prep it.

Do you have any pics with it on? I like that wig! How much was it?

Eww @ this forum. I think my subscription is gonna run out soon :ohwell: I've been neglecting my moisturizing and sealing routine this week. I will get back on that boat in the morning :) Glad you ladies are doing well.

I decided I would straighten my hair today, and while I really want to, I'm so aware of the heat damage I might do. I've done this so many times during my transition, but now it seems more real. :lol:
I'm also afraid it might turn out to be an uneven mess! Not to mention the heat damaged bits I simply snipped right off so my WnG's would look better. :look:

I wanted to wait until October, when I'd be 2 years post relaxer, but I'm itching to see what length I'm at now. I'm DCing with cones. I shall be brave.

I still do not like the new layout.:nono:

I notice my nape hangs down instead of growing out like the rest of my hair. It's been a week since I tried the Benonite Clay treatment and a lot of my coils are still defined. I tried "The One 'n Only Argan Oil" brand Moisture Repair Conditioner from Sally's and this is a keeper.:yep: I may try the Proclaim brand soon. I believe Sally's has a sale on both brands.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/repair-conditioner/SBS-539404,default,pd.html

I decided I would straighten my hair today, and while I really want to, I'm so aware of the heat damage I might do. I've done this so many times during my transition, but now it seems more real. :lol:
I'm also afraid it might turn out to be an uneven mess! Not to mention the heat damaged bits I simply snipped right off so my WnG's would look better. :look:

I wanted to wait until October, when I'd be 2 years post relaxer, but I'm itching to see what length I'm at now. I'm DCing with cones. I shall be brave.

Make sure you post pics! I'm waiting for 2 years post too

I still do not like the new layout.:nono:

I notice my nape hangs down instead of growing out like the rest of my hair. It's been a week since I tried the Benonite Clay treatment and a lot of my coils are still defined. I tried "The One 'n Only Argan Oil" brand Moisture Repair Conditioner from Sally's and this is a keeper.:yep: I may try the Proclaim brand soon. I believe Sally's has a sale on both brands.

http://s7d3.scene7.com/is-viewers/f...e7.com/is/image/&image=SallyBeauty/SBS-539404

I saw both of those at sally's this week. The PJ in me wanted to try it but the 2 for $10 sale started the next day so I left them. Let me know which one of the two brands you like the best

Can someone tell me what happened to the albums?

i thought i'd like the layout but its bugging me, im with you platinum

I tried to post a picture of my bun today but I can't figure out how to post a picture in my album or how to just attach a picture that's not already posted on the internet. So annoying.

Grand Prix- Be sure to post pics! I'll be straightening my hair in 5 weeks when I'm 2 years post! I can't believe we've made it this far!

Back