~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

I won't come inside this thread anymore cos I'm really jealous of everyone. I've still got about 5 - 6 months to go with my transition and I want to be fully natural like YESTERDAY!!!:cry:

During my last transitioning months I could NOT come in here.
Everybody was all :poke: and :gorgeous: and before you knew it.. :assimilat (I haven't forgotten, Platinum! :lachen:)

Seriously though, stick to you goal, it will be so well worth it when you're finally there.

My braids are super fuzzy right now and I am ssoooooo not happy about it. Its only been like 6 days...I wasn't expecting to combat fuzz until week 2. I tie my hair down every night and I only rinsed my hair once in the shower (no smooshing or scrubbing...just ran water through my hair)...Oh well...I am still determined to keep them in for 4 weeks like I initially planned because I refuse to let my 50 bucks go to waste.

Hey ladies! I wanted to come in just to say that I experimented with Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue on my wash and go and absolutely looove the results! My avatar is what a pic of it after application. This may be replacing my EcoStyler because it doesn't make my hair stiff.

Well, the first day of school is tomorrow, and my 12 yo DD (who BCed in June with me), asked me to flat iron her hair. So I did a yogurt treatment on her hair, and DCed with Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner, blew her hair out and flat- ironed it. Looks pretty good. I made sure to use a heat protectant, and put the iron on 375. She is one year post relaxer and two months natural.

Attachments

• IMG00160-20100822-1945.jpg
    IMG00160-20100822-1945.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 36
I find SSKs daily. I'm wondering if they are left over from when I was still rocking my TWA? I don't like the feeling of having them at all :(

i got so many compliments from my family tonight on my twists. it felt great! and what made it even better is that my aunt (who can be really negative) was braggin on me talkin about i do all my hair stuff myself. :grin: i like getting flowers thrown to me sometimes. especially considering how ugly my twists were the first time i did em. ♥

Hey everyone. I first Bc'd on April 18, 2008. I am now BC'ing yet again. I have a split end problem and they travelled way far up the hair follicle because I failed to trim them on time. My hair also grows in weird layers and unevenly because when I first bc'd 2 years ago, little did I know my stylist gave me a messed up high-top cut. In about a week I'll be cutting off all my hair just to start over and i will have to dig deep and find the confidence I once found 2 years ago all over again.
snapshot201007304.jpg

Hey everyone! Loving all the pics, beautiful hair ladies.

Mummy'sGirl are you feeling better?

I'm still rocking my kinky twists. I planned on leaving them in until October, but I think the middle of September might be more realistic, I'll just have to see how it goes.

When you ladies are wearing your hair twisted do you guys constantly get asked if you are trying to get locs? My whole family was asking me that today. I don't think they comprehend twists as a style...

Even when I wear twistouts I hear, "Oh are you locing your hair?".

I have one cousin that does have locs and they are cool on him, but I don't think I would want them anytime soon.

I havent been in here as much as I should be.:look:

Currently I am wearing a protective style, freestyle braids ( to the head) on one side and twists on the other. I have had these in for 1.5 weeks and if I can get 3 or even 4 weeks that would be awesome. When I take them out I will put box braids in for hopefully 2 or 3 weeks.

I haven't done a real length check in forever but it looks like I may reach APL before years end.

I wore my fro out for the first time this weekend, well not the first time but I felt super confident. It was a night out with the girls

I foolishly left my camera at home *womp womp*

but I'm def gonna take pics the next time

FINALLY!! I can join you ladies :) More pics to come...

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=419744&page=151

More pics..

My first puff on dry hair. I think I patted it down..
puff-vi.jpg

Moisturized hair...it kinda clumps together
moistshrunken-vi.jpg

My afro - Left side
left-vi.jpg

Right side
right-vi.jpg

Back
back-vi.jpg

I'm now trying to figure out my styling products. I love HH conditioner. I really want to do braidouts/twistouts but my hair never comes out right with my old transitioning technique which really only worked up until Month 11. My results look like the moisturized hair pick (a chunky fro) but I would like a more defined look. Shea butter and a little scurl or water is all I would use but that does nothing for me now.

Any suggestions?

Gorgeous mrsjohnson!

I do my twistouts with 2 strand twists from flat twists (2 strands as well) and braidouts from box braids not cornrows so I suggest you try that :yep: I also like the results when I've had the twists in for a few days. For me, it's not got much to do with the products used, I usually use shae butter as I'm twisting but not for definition just cos it's a butter and I love how my hair feels with it :lick:

Thanks Ladies, I feel much better, all I needed was a few days of R&R :)

Welcome to all the new naturals! :welcome:

Beautiful hair steph, mummysgirl (hope you're feeling better), pookaloo and others who've posted pics recently!

Hey everyone! Loving all the pics, beautiful hair ladies.

Mummy'sGirl are you feeling better?

I'm still rocking my kinky twists. I planned on leaving them in until October, but I think the middle of September might be more realistic, I'll just have to see how it goes.

My hair felt so rough and dry last night after washing and deep conditioning. Even my leave in failed to soften up my hair. I was so disgusted last night!!! :cry2:

I was up until 1AM plaiting my hair. I'm at work with this dang scarf on my head. I look like a fool! I can't wait until it is cold outside so I can start wearing wigs.

I'm planning on two-strand twisting my hair tonight but I know it will be a disaster. I'm so style challenged :cry3:.

Here are my three strand twists:
4923766197_ed2970c7a1_m.jpg

Here's how I styled them. lots of hairpins used:
4924370680_f219705fb1_m.jpg

4924362584_951e649e7b_m.jpg

4924369198_cafa289ef6_m.jpg
(my cornrowing skills still suck :( )
4924364924_143e4cd9c4_m.jpg
side bun

More pics..
Your hair is so pretty. And I like that faucet in the background. :sekret:

I got my most defined results from using, iirc, my leave-in (giovanni direct) and ecostyler crystal and keeping the the hair set for a couple of days.

Beautiful. Reminds me of something that mandy would do. Very simple and elegant and it looks fairly easy to do.
My hair felt so rough and dry last night after washing and deep conditioning. Even my leave in failed to soften up my hair. I was so disgusted last night!!! :cry2:

I was up until 1AM plaiting my hair. I'm at work with this dang scarf on my head. I look like a fool! I can't wait until it is cold outside so I can start wearing wigs.

I'm planning on two-strand twisting my hair tonight but I know it will be a disaster. I'm so style challenged :cry3:.

:hug: I wonder why your hair is dry? I know protein can help to lock moisture in longer...Maybe the dc didn't penetrate? How about a hot oil treatment, with coconut oil (that's supposed to be very penetrating) or olive oil? :scratchch

So...I after only 8 days, I took out my 50 dollar cornrows:wallbash:. I had too because about 15 strands of my hair came out...with the bulb attached. They were pulling on the front of my hairline too hard. :nono:

So, this is what my hair looks like now....I can't believe how BIG it is!!! After several natural attempts...This is about as long as my natural hair has ever been...and it only took SIX MONTHS. I'm too souped right now. Can't wait to see my hair at the 1 year mark. :cloud9:

Attachments

• August 24, 2010.jpg
    August 24, 2010.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 26
  • August 24, 2010 (2).jpg
    August 24, 2010 (2).jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 23
i want to get braids so bad! but im scared of the braids resulting in a setback

I've never had a problem with single braids (micros/kinky twists/etc)...its always the cornrows...just too much tension. I may revisit them when my hair is longer...and I find a braider who doesn't try and braid my scalp.

But...if you do get them and something feels wrong...take them out asap. Thats what I did.

I've been in Atlantic City for the past 3 days. Been rocking the fro w\o a headband and loving it.I just joined the juice challenge and I know that has made the difference.i juiced in the past and my hair loved so I thought why not. I'm only using natural products.

I need to find a way to loosen up my curls a bit. I have some super tighttighttight coils. My hair looks wonderful wet with a little bit of KCC and some coconut oil in it. However, as soon as it drys, it shrinks.

Hello!!! I'm almost 4 weeks post BC and I think my hair is growing already! Yay!!! I've been more confident lately and have had some days where I've worn my TWA without my usual ouchless bands! I will upload pictures later!

I need to find a way to loosen up my curls a bit. I have some super tighttighttight coils. My hair looks wonderful wet with a little bit of KCC and some coconut oil in it. However, as soon as it drys, it shrinks.

I need something to loosen my curls a little bit as well. The back the curls are more loose than up top and on the sides. I hope someone comes in with suggestions.

This is what my hair looks like now. Its fine from the crown down and I would say medium textured everywhere else.

I'm going on 2 weeks with these braids in (I switch it up on the other side) and I am trying to make it to 1 month. My last relaxer was in May or June of 08, I BC'd March 2nd at 2 in the morning, I am a 3c-4b mix with super shrinkage and I suck at styles. I conned my sisters bff (newly natural) into doing it for me.

Attachments

• SANY1418.jpg
    SANY1418.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 17
  • SANY1414.jpg
    SANY1414.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 15
  • SANY1413.jpg
    SANY1413.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 14
Back