~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

Wash and go...7th day hair

DSCN0440-vi.jpg

DSCN0448-vi.jpg

DSCN0458-vi.jpg

DSCN0464-vi.jpg

DSCN0468-vi.jpg

@hairsothick im jealous! your hair looks sooo good and fresh like day 1!

this is my day 5 and it was on its last leg lol:
15hg1mp.jpg

Oh and my wash and go lasted so long because I used gel. Otherwise, it wouldn't have lasted two days without becoming a tangled mess. :look:

Wash and go...7th day hair

DSCN0440-vi.jpg

DSCN0448-vi.jpg

DSCN0458-vi.jpg

DSCN0464-vi.jpg

DSCN0468-vi.jpg

So lush! :spinning: Your hair is just, wow!

@hairsothick im jealous! your hair looks sooo good and fresh like day 1!

this is my day 5 and it was on its last leg lol:
15hg1mp.jpg

Your's is so moisturized! I can't get more than 3 days out of mine, you ladies are the bomb!

Steph, thanks for the aloe juice tip with the s-curl. I've got some aloe juice coming in the mail.

Foxglove, I think I'm gonna do a kinky twist self install this week :yep:, give my hair a break.

Platinum and MummysGirl how's your hair holding up?

Conqueror, the twists were good. Maybe you need something to "set" them better.

I hope this twistout is fierce later today. Any of you ladies use Nourish and Shine by Jane Carter? Just noticed that my mom has some under the sink. PJ all day :nono:

i never used it, but i've never heard any negative review about it (besides the price, lol which is the only reason why i havent tried it), but if you already have some you should try it b/c i hear its great, and you only need a lil bit

So lush! :spinning: Your hair is just, wow!

Your's is so moisturized! I can't get more than 3 days out of mine, you ladies are the bomb!

Steph, thanks for the aloe juice tip with the s-curl. I've got some aloe juice coming in the mail.

Foxglove, I think I'm gonna do a kinky twist self install this week :yep:, give my hair a break.

Conqueror, the twists were good. Maybe you need something to "set" them better.

thanks! my curls came out ok...but i have s-shaped curls at the top of my head...and the twist out elongated the S...it looked like i had a mohawk...b/c the rest of my hair coils/kinks...lol think i may try a coil out next time for a more uniform look.:spinning:

I'm wearing a shrunken fro out in public for the third time ever. Just rinsed out my DC, ran some coconut oil through it, lifted my roots with my pick to even it out, and went. I still feel really self conscious bc it shrinks up to 1.5-2 inches so it looks like I have no hair. I know the self consciousness is something I need to work on

Hair so thick and Iri9109, your hair is so pretty!:thud:

I didn't do my hair yesterday and I got crazy shrinkage.:wallbash: I'll have to chelate today. I haven't decided if I'm going to try another frohawk or a WnGo. I need to buy another camera. My new phone pics don't turn out right.:nono:

I've been MIA for a little while. My new boyfriend is still lovin my hair...and I mean, he has seen my "wake up" hair ans still loves it. He thinks I'd look cute with locs and I say the same about him...yet we both won't do it. I LOVE my loose hair!!

I'm still wearing my "wash and puffs", lol. I've been cowashing HEAVY--almost daily!!! Its been almost 2 weeks since my last DC so I will do that today.

I will post pictures on the 11th when I am 6 months post chop.

:)

I'm wearing a shrunken fro out in public for the third time ever. Just rinsed out my DC, ran some coconut oil through it, lifted my roots with my pick to even it out, and went. I still feel really self conscious bc it shrinks up to 1.5-2 inches so it looks like I have no hair. I know the self consciousness is something I need to work on

This is my first week going wigless......lol

I have worn my natural hair all week. Some of my co-workers told me how much they liked it. To me, all I see is a fro but people tell me they can see my little curls. I have MAJOR shrinkage. However, I just bc in July and my hair is growing out. I can't wait till it gets fuller.

I went to Whole Foods after work yesterday and there was a sista on the register. She told me she liked my hair. I almost had to turn around and see if she was talking to me or someone behind me....lol

Last edited:
I am officially one year post relaxer.
I can't believe it's already been a year since the last time I sat in my stylist's chair for a touch up...

I'm finally adding pics.

This was my BC.Photo0147.jpg

4th of JulyRANDOM022-2.jpg

JUly 28thPhoto0187-1.jpg

I just finished these twistPhoto0199-1-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hahaha, I was just looking at that!!! Are you going to do the crochet ones or regular kinky twists? I like the crochet ones but I am a little intimidated.

If the hair came pre twisted I would have attempted the crochets but it looks like she'd either have to twist the hair beforehand or crochet the loose hair then twist. Since I'll have to twist anyway I may as well twist my own hair

my twistout was so big and chunky...everyone at my family bbq loved it. I will have to take a pic tomorrow because everytime I shower it puffs back up so it's still going strong! Unpacking and cleaning is taking over my life but my hair is doing well :)

Your hair's tooo gorgeous hairsothick :lick:
Oh and my wash and go lasted so long because I used gel. Otherwise, it wouldn't have lasted two days without becoming a tangled mess. :look:

My hair's doing well thank you, I've just been so busy, that I just come in to this thread, look at everyone's updates and rush off :spinning:
My hair is in a chunky puff if that makes any sense, it's not a twistout and it's not a uniform, afro puff. I cowashed last night and airdried in 4 puffs, when my hair was almost dry, I put it in 2 banded ponytails. This morning, worked out with my hair banded, showered, took them down, moisturised and pulled into a puff.

I'll take a picture and post later.

Everyone's hair is looking gorgeous!!! Congrats to new choppers :)

Back