~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

Ladies I'm on the internets lol

I'm on the August now and then feature on bglhonline.com

I'm under ev'yan I believe that's her name, she's the model looking chick

You look so cute! Love the before and especially the after

I've been off work since last Thursday. So, imagine everyone's surprise when I get to work rocking my TWA. Today I put on an ouchless head band (for some reason you can'i see it in this pic) and rocked my new natural do at work. I got quite a few compliments, some stares, a couple of double takes, and others in total shock and disbelief. :lachen: Here's a pic. I put on a little scurl, a little hawaiian silky 14-in-1, a little olive oil ecostyler gel, and sealed with oils.

2vmexsn.jpg

Last edited:
I feel as though I asked this question already ( or maybe I just thought about asking it?) but when you braid your hair, does it stay braided or does it begin to unravel? If it unravels, is there something your can use besides bands to get the braid to stay put?

I co-washed tonight with a stocking cap on my head. They are still intact, but I gotta get over this anxiety that they'll unravel. I plan to wear a twistout so I'm hoping they hold out until then!

I feel as though I asked this question already ( or maybe I just thought about asking it?) but when you braid your hair, does it stay braided or does it begin to unravel? If it unravels, is there something your can use besides bands to get the braid to stay put?

Mine stays (whether I like it or not). I think mine would loc if I left it in long enough. If yours are unraveling maybe you could use some gel on the last inch or so

Steph, you are always on point with your styling transitioning and now natural. I love this, actually I'm HATER with :hugxplode:. I'm still style transitioning trying to figure out what products :pullhair:will give me a twist/braidout. Well as of today 7 months natural I finally figure out shea products :nono: don't do it. I have 3 textures so now I got to figure out what/how much. Beautiful lady and hair:notworthy

Awww thank you!! :hug3: Just keep practicing. Wish I could help on products to use, but unfortunately, it's a trial and error thing. Don't give up though. You have a fabulous head of natural hair going on with sooo much potential for great styles. :yep:

I'm six months post today!!!:party::yay::bdance::bouncegre:woot:

to commemorate...i decided to try flat twists... they weren't the best...or anywhere near it:rolleyes: but i'm proud of myself for completing the whole set.

In other news...i think i'm out of the twa stage... i read on nat.curly that when you are past 2 inches and can braid/twist...you're into the "SA/Small Afro" stage...so that's pretty encouraging. I have about 3 in. stretched...which means i'm right on target with my 1/2 in per month:yep::yep:

Attachments

• flat twists.jpg
    flat twists.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 19
I'm six months post today!!!:party::yay::bdance::bouncegre:woot:

to commemorate...i decided to try flat twists... they weren't the best...or anywhere near it:rolleyes: but i'm proud of myself for completing the whole set.

In other news...i think i'm out of the twa stage... i read on nat.curly that when you are past 2 inches and can braid/twist...you're into the "SA/Small Afro" stage...so that's pretty encouraging. I have about 3 in. stretched...which means i'm right on target with my 1/2 in per month:yep::yep:

Congrats on your 6 mths. Your flat twists look great!

Welcome to all the newly natural ladies!

Conqueror I agree with Steph, your flat twists came out great! Post pics if you do a twist out.

Oh I don't know where else to post this but I'll be featured in September's issue of Black Hair Sophisticates ladies

I ran into one of the ladies who does my braids and twists yesterday and she told me the mag called and told them. She was actually in the store looking for the magazine. That is all, lol

Oh yeah and this weekend I'm gonna wear my fro out. I have a question for those who do, what do you put on it? Like do you use some kind of spray on moisturizer or just water??? I was thinking of using scurl or something, I don't know.

I co-washed tonight with a stocking cap on my head. They are still intact, but I gotta get over this anxiety that they'll unravel. I plan to wear a twistout so I'm hoping they hold out until then!

I had the same concern. I cowashed mine on sunday and no a single one unraveled. If anything, having tightly coiled hair that shrinks upon contact with water probably makes twists less prone to unraveling when washed. I let my hair get thoroughly wet under the shower head, added condish, let it sit while going about my other business, then washed as usual - not too roughly, but still thoroughly.

Here's what they looked like post co-wash. I had also cowashed a few days before.

000_0416-vi.jpg

000_0417-vi.jpg

Yes, they look a bit worn and fuzzy but I think that's more attributable to my sub-par twisting and daily maintenance.

Hi Ladies... just checking in :)

Haven't taken pictures in a while but will do so soon. Been so busy!

My hair's been in a twistout since Tuesday night and I'm about to apply my deep conditioner to dry hair before going to bed. I'll cowash when I'm done at the gym tomorrow morning. Not sure what I'll do with my hair after... but I'm definitely twisting it up on Sunday :yep:

Everyone's hair's looking good :yep:

When you BCd: June 4th, 2010

How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd :8.5 months

Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) - a detailed description can help in evaluating product and regimen's possible effectiveness : All I know is that I am a 4a/b and growth is about .5 inches per month:look:

Your current regimen: Braids( spritz with moisterizer spray and infusium) Baggy every nights and wash and deep condition every two weeks

Your favorite styles: PS(braids, sew ins)

Your current length and goal length: Current: 4.5 inches Goal: 12 inches(between APL and BSL)

Your photo album, if any: In my avatar:grin:

How did you do it? I can't even get 2nd day hair :perplexed

Ecostyler gel is my friend. I washed, conditioned, shingled that through, gave my head a shake, and diffused it a bit on a low setting to "freeze" the curls into place and they've been that way since last week. It's flat in the morning when I wake up, but all I have to do is take a steamy shower and spritz it with water and it's back fluffy again.

When you BCd- April,10 2010
How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd- almost 3 months post
Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) - a detailed description can help in evaluating product and regimen's possible effectiveness- not sure lol
Your current regimen- Co-wash 2-3 times a week when not in twist. Shampoo wash 1-2 times a month. Deep condition once a week.
Your favorite styles- most of the time cornrows in the front with two-strand twist in the back or two-strand flat twist in front.
Your current length and goal length - 3 inches on the left side(in front) and 4.5 inches everywhere else. I would like to have healthy Mbl- Wl stretched. Then cut back to Bsl.
Your photo album, if any- I will add later

Last edited:
I dont' know if this has been asked before or even I asked it but does anyone use S curl or Curl Free Curl Gold

I used to use those when I stretched between relaxers and loved it. I think I'm gonna give it another shot. I haven't really been moisturizing and only wash once a week, I've gotten real lazy. Time to step it back up

Just checkin in- ive noticed that since ive been completely natural my hair is growin a lot faster!!!!..:grin: considering changin my goals hmmm:lick: my favorite products right now are HE LTR & Hydralicious! ! I do not shampoo, and i havent since dec 09. im still hiding my hair to keep me from puting alotta of heat on it. i havent used heat on my hair for 4 months(long time for me) :drunk:wooohhooooo =))

My twists are feeling real dry this week. I think it's because I only co-washed before re-doing them this last weekend and I need to shampoo. Probably some build-up going because this does not feel normal for me to be moisturizing and sealing as I was before! :sad:

I dont' know if this has been asked before or even I asked it but does anyone use S curl or Curl Free Curl Gold

I used to use those when I stretched between relaxers and loved it. I think I'm gonna give it another shot. I haven't really been moisturizing and only wash once a week, I've gotten real lazy. Time to step it back up

I've tried both. Many of the ladies swear by them but I don't think my hair likes those products. SCurl has cones in it and my hair doesn't like cones. CFCG is good but always leaves my hair sticky.:nono:

It's time to Clarify/Chelate. My hair has been feeling dry for the last few days and won't hold moisture. I guess I have too much build-up from Castor oil and Ecostyler gel.:wallbash: ll probably buy ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo today since I'm not home to use my regular Chelating poo.:sad:

I've tried both. Many of the ladies swear by them but I don't think my hair likes those products. SCurl has cones in it and my hair doesn't like cones. CFCG is good but always leaves my hair sticky.:nono:

Ditto. They leave my hair with a weird film

I use them both plus I throw in some Wave Nouveau, aloe vera juice and then for added scent some lemongrass essential oil. I think that by diluting it a little bit with the aloe juice, it keeps it from being quite so sticky that some here are concerned about.

Back