~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

I'm planning to stop by Vitamin Shoppe in Knoxville today and pickup some more AOHSR condish. (I love this stuff!) I baggied with WOC moisturizer spray and sealed with Haitian Black Castor Oil and my hair is so soft this morning.:yep: I may stick with this combination. I still have a few bottles of HBCO but I may purchase more soon. I may also look into purchasing some Jamaican Black Castor oil so I can compare the difference.

It's been almost 3 months since I BC'd. Time really flies! I'm loving the retention that I'm getting since I stopped relaxing. Even my slow growing nape that was always breaking is now a few inches long!:grin: I don't think I'll ever go back to relaxing!

I tried some flat twists today. Thank goodness I'm not wearing them out :nono:. I definitely need to practice.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

eta: I am sooooo tenderheaded.:cry: How could I have forgotten how painful it was when I would get my hair braided for weaves or when my mom used to do my hair back in the day? It's probably partly why I just stuck to buns when I started doing my natural hair on my own when I was 11.

I tried some flat twists today. Thank goodness I'm not wearing them out :nono:. I definitely need to practice.
They look good! Unlike mine, which look like flat rolls. :lol:

Last edited:
i really like my braidout results! when i first unraveled it yesterday, it was really small and shiny, but as the day went on, it expanded! i love that! my hair didn't get as big as i'd like, but i'm still pretty happy with the results. now i'm on day two of my braidout. i'm not sure its gonna last much longer because i only used HE LTR and didn't put a moisturizer on top. i won't be doing that again.

ooh, ooh, ooh! i got a new mouse too. so i can finally upload new pictures for my fotki, and change my siggy. ♥

I have flat twists in right now. They look like a 2 year old put them in. I'll see what the twistout looks like tomorrow

I just did a big chop at 9wks post, my hair was fairly short, so my NG was there. No regimen as of yet, just cowashed with Suave Coconut Conditioner,and sprayed with moisturizer(mixture of Scurl, TW mist,water,and a few drops of rosemary oil).

So far, no regrets. My goal is shoulder length.

I will post pictures this weekend when I get a new camera.

I just did a big chop at 9wks post, my hair was fairly short, so my NG was there. No regimen as of yet, just cowashed with Suave Coconut Conditioner,and sprayed with moisturizer(mixture of Scurl, TW mist,water,and a few drops of rosemary oil).

Congrats!!!!!!:grin:

I just put my hair steamer together. I hope this cheap looking thing works. I will be testing it out Friday.

I've been wearing my hair in plaits (like my grandma :lol:) to keep my hair "stretched". I'll see if it has made a difference when I wash my hair Friday.

im loving what i see in this thread. i think i'll make this my new home

I'm new to LHCF. BCd June 23,2010
I was 6mos post when I bcd
i have really tight corkscrew coils with about 45-60% shrinkage and its growing up and out
I cowash daily for the most part with JC Too Shea or HE HH. I moisturize with Elast QP mango butter and seal with jojoba oil. i deep condition once a week with HTM mask and then i ACV rinse. I just recently tried bentonite clay and it left my hair feeling so clean so im going to try and fit that in somehow.

Right now all i can do is wash n gos. Headbands are my best friends.

I have about 1 1/2-2in of hair and my goal is MBL stretched

Still putting together my photo album

Trini, your twists look so juicy! They look great, if you do them smaller it'll be a cute lil style to wear out! Hell, i'd wear em out like what you have now :look:

Your siggy picture!!! :lovedrool:
i really like my braidout results! when i first unraveled it yesterday, it was really small and shiny, but as the day went on, it expanded! i love that! my hair didn't get as big as i'd like, but i'm still pretty happy with the results. now i'm on day two of my braidout. i'm not sure its gonna last much longer because i only used HE LTR and didn't put a moisturizer on top. i won't be doing that again.

ooh, ooh, ooh! i got a new mouse too. so i can finally upload new pictures for my fotki, and change my siggy. ♥

Hey guys... I have been following this tread but havent posted much. my camera is acting crazy so i cant really post pics. here is a pic of my hair from a wash n go that i pulled up into a banana clip.

kind of dont like how the back is soo flat, but the back of hair is a tighter coils than the front.

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 38366_661918802568_31704488_37345211_2368783_n.jpg
    38366_661918802568_31704488_37345211_2368783_n.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 23
:bighug:

As you know, I'm Nigerian and I totally understand you.

I'll PM you.

Sometimes as it dries my hair shrinks and this makes the puff tighten so I'll normally loosen it during the day. I also take it down when I get home and tie it back up in the morning before spritzing and fluffing

In other news I was waiting for my mom's reaction and got it. It was part 2 of a 2 part lecture. She said that as part of our culture image is very important and hair is a big part of that. She said if she took me back to Nigeria not even farmers or villagers would have their hair like mine. She said my hair doesn't represent me and nobody back home would believe I was a doctor if they saw me and even if I don't relax it I should go buy some ponytails (sleek ones) or half wigs and put it up so it can look neat. I was already not feeling awesome after part 1 of the lecture so now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I just don't know how to deal with it right now. Oh and ps the only styles of mine she has seen are the phony pony or my regular puff (right now I'm in my regular puff)

Hi Ladies! I've not been in here for about a week!

Congrats to the new naturals!

Everyone's hair's looking great!

I'm just boring right now, I've had my twists in for 2 weeks and yes they're all fuzzy and shrunken (from cowashing) but I love them! (I'll post pictures soon)

I'll take them out tomorrow morning for a twistout until the weekend, then I'll put a new set in on Sunday.

Twists totally suit my lifestyle right now, I'm in the gym 6 days a week either training myself or instructing a class and, in addition to this, I still have a full time job, twists mean my hair's away all the time and I can literally cowash and go. I can't wait to have more length so my shrunken twists will be full shoulder length... that's over a year away I think.

I've missed this thread! HHG Ladies!

Hey Y'all!

I am tickled to find this thread.

I will read through it all momentarily,
but I wanted to pop in say hello.

I am only 2 months post relax
had a short style to begin with
and sport WnGs now-
I LOVE IT!!

I have been contemplating this for a while
and since I have started a Zumba workout regimen
transitioning was semi-easy.

BS washes,
VO5 Tea Therapy Condish,
Lustrasilk Cholesterol (shea & mango)
(both as leave-ins)
and a little Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue.

I will be snipping off relaxed ends this week
esp. on the top.

First pic in siggy

Hey guys... I have been following this tread but havent posted much. my camera is acting crazy so i cant really post pics. here is a pic of my hair from a wash n go that i pulled up into a banana clip.

kind of dont like how the back is soo flat, but the back of hair is a tighter coils than the front.

Just stopping in to say hi! :wave: I became a natural head 7/18/10 and I'm loving the versatility already! I created a thread here http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=485548

No real regimen yet...I've been using Cantu Shea Butter, Aloe Vera Juice, and Hemp Oil for moisture.

im loving what i see in this thread. i think i'll make this my new home

I'm new to LHCF. BCd June 23,2010
I was 6mos post when I bcd
i have really tight corkscrew coils with about 45-60% shrinkage and its growing up and out
I cowash daily for the most part with JC Too Shea or HE HH. I moisturize with Elast QP mango butter and seal with jojoba oil. i deep condition once a week with HTM mask and then i ACV rinse. I just recently tried bentonite clay and it left my hair feeling so clean so im going to try and fit that in somehow.

Right now all i can do is wash n gos. Headbands are my best friends.

I have about 1 1/2-2in of hair and my goal is MBL stretched

Still putting together my photo album

Hey Y'all!

and sport WnGs now-
I LOVE IT!!

BS washes,
VO5 Tea Therapy Condish,
(both as leave-ins)

esp. on the top.

First pic in siggy
:congrats: and :welcome:!!!

Hey Y'all!

and sport WnGs now-
I LOVE IT!!

BS washes,
VO5 Tea Therapy Condish,
(both as leave-ins)

esp. on the top.

First pic in siggy

hows zumba?? i want to take a class

Ok guys the flat twist out was a giant fail. I reeeeally need to keep practicing
IMG_0715.jpg

Surprisingly (not) the twistout was a fail so I picked it out
*poof*

The side comes down to the top of my collarbone now. I should have taken the pic at a better angle but I was trying to salvage a look for work. I won't be posting official length pics until 2 years post but I'm glad to see I'm making some progress

Last edited:
That shrinkage is very deceiving! What styles did you use transition, foxglove?

A lot of fake hair :lol: Braids and phony ponies. Every once in a while I would do a twist n curl or flexi rod set or something but the difference in textures just destroyed any attempt at blending

hows zumba?? i want to take a class

Oh Girl
it is SOOO much fun!!

I went from sitting on the couch to
going to class 2x a day!!!

I have been at it a month so far
and I am not bored at all!

I am even thinking about getting certification
in Zumba to teach when I return to AZ.

I highly recommend it!!!:grin:

Back