~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

u tried vitaglo?? pretty cheap on the AOHSR

Thank you so much for this! I don't order online that much because I'm not home everyday but I think I'll order my condish from vitaglo next time. Vitamin Shoppe has it at a good price but Vitaglo beat it.

Fox, those twists look so neat! I'll try to twist smaller this week so I can co-wash them, but only a teensy bit smaller. are you going to co-wash them at all?

Have I graduated to TA from TWA yet?????

picture.php

Those are real mini twists! Mine were medi twists, I'm trying another set today but I don't think they'll be as tiny as yours. Your hair looks very very long heat stretched... don't tempt me! :lol:

Please post pictures when you're done... I'm about to cowash and dry my hair in braids before twisting.

I started the mini twists. I used heat to stretch my hair. I'm 1/16 of the way in so far
IMG_0726.jpg

It's really not as difficult as it seems. Drying and stretching my hair took more effort than the actual twists. I hope the final result comes out looking ok

I have to share this with you guys. I went to Walgreens yesterday to purchase a few thing. To my discovery i found 2 head bands by goody that you can adjust. Im so in love because my hair is getting to the point where it growin and the headband doesnt secure my hair.

I'm newly natural! I need to read this thread...but I gotta hurry and get ready for church!

When you BCd Yesterday
How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd 10 months
Your hair type= this is very confusing to me. I know for sure that I have fine strands, and my hair seems densly packed. My crown has the tightest curls, but the top of my head is just poof, barely any curl, I'd like to know if anyones elses hair is like this. So I guess a mixture of S-and O strands....kinda cottony, kinda shiny?
Your current regimen -not sure yet, I braided it up for half wig yesterday. I need to buy some new products now :look:
Your favorite styles I don't know :ohwell:
Your current length and goal length I think 4-5 inches stretched...my goal is BSL stretched
Your photo album, if any, none but pics in this http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=486400

Last edited:
Ok guys I loooooove the final result. When it was still dry it looked a little anorexic and eh
IMG_0730.jpg
IMG_0731.jpg

But this morning I wet it and put some KCCC on it so my ends and the twists wouldn't frizz. It was like night and day. I am so in love with these twists
IMG_0736.jpg
IMG_0737.jpg
IMG_0740.jpg

And here is my final look for church. I hope they can last all month
IMG_0746.jpg

Beautiful!!!!!!
Ok guys I loooooove the final result. When it was still dry it looked a little anorexic and eh

But this morning I wet it and put some KCCC on it so my ends and the twists wouldn't frizz. It was like night and day. I am so in love with these twists
IMG_0736.jpg
IMG_0737.jpg
IMG_0740.jpg

I cowashed a little over an hour ago and I've put my hair in chunky braids to dry.

I'm being soooo lazy today. It's almost 4pm (in the UK) and I will be in bed at 10 so I really should cook and start twisting my hair now but I can't be bothered. Maybe I'll do big twists...

IMG_0730.jpg
IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg
IMG_0737.jpg
IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

I love the end result! Looks really neat. :yep:

Great job Foxglove! What a difference after wetting and adding product! Your hair is soooo pretty. Let us know how long they last. I can't keep twists with my own hair for more than two weeks.

Henna'ing with Reshma henna today and will DC with Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing Treatment.:lick: I haven't decided how I'm going to style my hair (trying to decide on a fro hawk or twists). I haven't tried twisting my hair since I BC'd.

Have I graduated to TA from TWA yet?????

picture.php

Yup, looks like a TA to me. :yep: Congrats!!

I have to share this with you guys. I went to Walgreens yesterday to purchase a few thing. To my discovery i found 2 head bands by goody that you can adjust. Im so in love because my hair is getting to the point where it growin and the headband doesnt secure my hair.

I have been looking everywhere for adjustable headbands. Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna check by Rite Aid and see if they have them. :grin:

But this morning I wet it and put some KCCC on it so my ends and the twists wouldn't frizz. It was like night and day. I am so in love with these twists...

Great job! They look nice. :yep:

As for me, I'm doing a 30 day personal twist challenge (July 18 - August 18)...I never keep twists in for longer than three days but guess what??? I made it to 1 week!!! YAY ME!! So I poo'd, deep conditioned and retwisted today. Now lets's hope I can make it through week 2. :lachen:

I cowashed a little over an hour ago and I've put my hair in chunky braids to dry.

I'm being soooo lazy today. It's almost 4pm (in the UK) and I will be in bed at 10 so I really should cook and start twisting my hair now but I can't be bothered. Maybe I'll do big twists...
Cosigning with the bolded. I should be washing my hair right now after almost 2 weeks of no washing but I am sooooooooo lazzzzzzzzzy, I truly cannot be bothered:nono::blush:. I'll wash it on my next day off which is Wednesday. These braids take almost half a day to dry:sad:.

• I bced 5 days ago (July 20th, 2010)
  • i was 4-5 months post :lachen:, I'm IMPATIENT as heck
  • hair type ... :drunk:, idk just going with the flow at this point
  • Your current regimen ... idk just going with the flow at this point
  • no fav style YET, not much i can do but rock the w'n'g style
  • currents length: good question. goal length: no specific length i just want a BODACIOUS HEALTHY fro :afro:
  • Your photo album: yea no. tahehe

Must be something in the air tonight lol... I started twisting my hair then just combed it out into a fro for tomorrow, but just now I decided that I ain't going into the week looking busted :ohwell: It'll only take a couple hours to put some twists in.

How long did those take Fox?? They're beautiful

Must be something in the air tonight lol... I started twisting my hair then just combed it out into a fro for tomorrow, but just now I decided that I ain't going into the week looking busted :ohwell: It'll only take a couple hours to put some twists in.

How long did those take Fox?? They're beautiful

It took me like 6-7 hours but I took a couple of breaks. I think I went too small in the beginning. When KinkyKurlyQueen and PrettyDimples01 did theirs it took like 3-4 hours I think

It took me like 6-7 hours but I took a couple of breaks. I think I went too small in the beginning. When KinkyKurlyQueen and PrettyDimples01 did theirs it took like 3-4 hours I think

How do you take them down? I'd be afraid my hair would mat-up on me.

I'm not going to be lazy with my hair again. Was up entirely too late, but my hair is crute :look: gonna make sure I take pics for the fotki. I don't think I can go back to wearing a fro :ohwell:

I think my hair's looking better every week... just nicer, I can't really explain.

Finally put in twists last night, I don't even know what chunky twists are anymore :lol: These twists are somewhere between medi and big, nowhere near chunky. I'll try to take pictures (I haven't in a while, I'm surprised). I'll keep these in till Tuesday/Wednesday next week. I'm off work for 5 days next week so I'll pamper myself and my hair will get a lotta loving ;)

I agree with the bolded, I can wear a fro for maybe one day but I've fallen in love with twists and I'm looking forward to thicker, longer twists in the coming months.

I was lazy last night and went to bed late! I'll try to start my twists earlier in the day next time so they can be done long before bedtime.

I'm sleepy... thankfully it's time to go home here in the UK :)

I'm not going to be lazy with my hair again. Was up entirely too late, but my hair is crute :look: gonna make sure I take pics for the fotki. I don't think I can go back to wearing a fro :ohwell:

When you BCd 6/26/10

How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd exactly one year and one day

Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) - a detailed description can help in evaluating product and regimen's possible effectiveness My hair is 4a and I have very, very tight coils and major shrinkage. My coils are probably half the size of a # 2 pencil

Your current regimen I am currently using a steriod foam for a scalp condition so I can not co-wash every day. I will usually co-wash 2 times a week and dc once a week. I am using V05 (Herbal line) of conditioners. Once I co-wash, I spritz with some of Shescentit's leave in conditioner. I then will put either put coconut oil, or marshamallow herbal cream on my hair, especially the ends. I then let it airdry. I wear wigs and half wigs everyday, so every morning I will spritz again and seal ends, then put on my wig cap

Your favorite styles Nothing yet because I am still trying to figure the best products for my hair. Also, because of my scalp condition, I have to be extra careful of any styles where my hair is pulled too tight (like braids/twists). I want my hair a bit longer anyway

Your current length and goal length Stretched) Grazing shoulder in the back; the front is probably to my eyebrows. My goal length is midback all over, no longer than that.

Your photo album, if any Not yet, I am working on it. I REFUSE to buy a new digital camera, so I dusted off my old one, got new batteries and getting it ready!

There are too many African American folk in PHX metro area for them to be playing!

Beauty Supply Store (???)

I looked at the OYIN website-

Ohh Emm Geee!!!!

Everything there sounds DEEE-lishus!!!
And not too costly!
Has anyone tried the Honey Hemp Condish??

Love, Love, LOVE the Honey Hemp. I've driven up to B-More twice to buy their largest bottle. It detangles my hair easily and smells delicious. I'm a total fan.

Back