~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

i twisted my hair tonight and i FINALLY got it right! what had my twists in the back of my head looking so raggedy before, was my arm and hand placement. ♥

Hey lovely ladies! I tried out this style on youtube and loved it. I figure I'll wear it for two weeks (one week twisted/one week twistout) and spritzing to keep moisturized.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JKEI99tXP8&feature=related
Twist-out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0TJ89gYZdE&feature=related

Pics:
IMG00151-20100710-2313.jpg

IMG00152-20100710-2313.jpg

IMG00153-20100710-2313.jpg

IMG00154-20100710-2313.jpg
Why does photobucket only resize what it wants to :wallbash:

I'm totally jacking this style! Beautiful!

hairsothick has inspired me to try my 1st set of mini twists.... ofcourse I'll be back with pictures tonight, I'm MG :lachen:

Speaking of pictures (:lol:), here's my best twistout as a natural so far:

Pretty hair -PYT!

I'll be waiting for pics of those twists missy! *looks at clock and taps foot*

hairsothick, i jacked her too! thats they same exact style i did tonight. sorry PYT :giggle: i had to get inspiration from somewhere and i'm so uncreative that i just copied you.

i feel so pretty with this hair style, now that my twists aren't janky in the back. i wish i had a mouse so i could update my fotki. ♥

Beautiful Ekaette :yep:
I was able to get my hair into a teeeny ponytail so now it's time for my phony pony. This will be my main protective style until at least 2 years post relaxer, possibly longer. I plan on putting it in sunday morning before church and leaving my hair alone until saturday when I will wash and DC
ETA right now I'm around 19 months 1 week post relaxer

:lol: It took me FOREVER to finish, I went to bed after midnight not before taking pictures ofcourse :)
I'll post them when I get home... within an hour (I'm in the UK so work's over)

They looked long yesterday... today, once I wet them - they now look half the length :lol:

hairsothick&long, you have at least 2ce the amount of hair I have on my head... seriously!

I'll be waiting for pics of those twists missy! *looks at clock and taps foot*

Hey, we all jacked that youtuber :) But it's such a fun and simple style. A girl walked past me and was like "whew! your hair is beautiful" :blush3:

These took me FOUR hours and they're still not as small as I expected.

:lol: It took me FOREVER to finish, I went to bed after midnight not before taking pictures ofcourse :)
I'll post them when I get home... within an hour (I'm in the UK so work's over)

They looked long yesterday... today, once I wet them - they now look half the length :lol:

hairsothick&long, you have at least 2ce the amount of hair I have on my head... seriously!

Last edited:
I already posted these pics in the BC to waistlength thread, but in case not everybody's checking there, I wanted to share this (lengthier version :look:) with you too!

First, a big :bighug: to Cch for suggesting silicone free products!! They've made the biggest difference in how my hair feels and acts, and I don't have to keep using shampoo to get the buildup out of my hair.

Maybe you remember how happy I was about my frizzy wash and go.. :look:

Foto-H47LQXHJ-D.jpg

But luckily I wasn't walking around like that for long. :lol:
I shampooed my hair with ORS creamy aloe and from then on only used silicone free products. I noticed the difference instantly, but it kept getting better until a month later it would look like this:

Foto-RCGYZ7MJ-D.jpg

Both are completely dry wash and goes with Yes to Cucumbers which I left in, sealed with a bit of afroveda oil.
Looking at the pics now, they're not that baffling, but considering I was using the same products and method to style, I see a pretty good difference.

Congratulations Evallusion!

i know i have said this before but your hair grows so fast! i hope my length is like yours when i hit 5 months. when are you going to do a length check.

Thanks everyone! My hair is all different lengths but its about 3 inches give or take. I think it looks a lot "bigger" than what it is because of the thickness. I'm normally a slow grower but for some reason its growing a little better this time a round. :yep:

Grand Prix I'm so excited that not using cones has been working for you!! You give me hope that when I try a wash and go (NEXT MONTH!!!) that they'll work for me too. I'm going to have to try that Yes to Cucumbers...

Your hair is absolutely stunning!

Grand Prix I'm so excited that not using cones has been working for you!! You give me hope that when I try a wash and go (NEXT MONTH!!!) that they'll work for me too. I'm going to have to try that Yes to Cucumbers...

Your hair is absolutely stunning!

Thank you sooo much!!

I look forward to your WnG! :yep:

And yes, I love Yes to Cucumbers. I'm quite the PJ but that stuff is great, one of my few staples. :look:
It makes my curls fall into larger clumps in stead of smaller ones as with other conditioners, and it has lots of slip even though it doesn't have a single cone.

Both are completely dry wash and goes with Yes to Cucumbers which I left in, sealed with a bit of afroveda oil.
Looking at the pics now, they're not that baffling, but considering I was using the same products and method to style, I see a pretty good difference.

Lovely. What are the sillicone products you're using? You can see the difference.

Shrinkage o shrinkage! My twists look about 3 inches long after my cowash this morning :lachen: Maybe in a year, they'll look 6 inches long...?

GP, your hair's beautiful :lick:

Anyone have success with making a wng last for atleast 2 days? SN: I can wait for this BRBC tp arrive. This heat in Mississippi is drying my hair out. :(

I already posted these pics in the BC to waistlength thread, but in case not everybody's checking there, I wanted to share this (lengthier version :look:) with you too!

First, a big :bighug: to Cch for suggesting silicone free products!! They've made the biggest difference in how my hair feels and acts, and I don't have to keep using shampoo to get the buildup out of my hair.

Maybe you remember how happy I was about my frizzy wash and go.. :look:

Foto-H47LQXHJ-D.jpg

But luckily I wasn't walking around like that for long. :lol:
I shampooed my hair with ORS creamy aloe and from then on only used silicone free products. I noticed the difference instantly, but it kept getting better until a month later it would look like this:

Foto-RCGYZ7MJ-D.jpg

Beautiful results - CG works!

I tried Aubreys Organics Honeysuckle Rose condish and I love it! My hair is so soft and I love the scent. It reminds me of going back to Grandma's house in South GA in the summer and enjoying the honeysuckles (scent and taste).:lick::yep: Will purchase again.

Thank you ladies!! :grin:

Lovely. What are the sillicone products you're using? You can see the difference.

Actually, it's the silicone free products that are helping.

My favorite is Yes to Cucumbers (no cones and great ingredients :lick:), you can get it at De Tuinen and Sephora (usually in V&D).
I also order from iherb, my favorites from there are the Aubrey Organics conditioners.

Okay ladies I'm crazy about my ends so what I had did wasssssss, lol...

I washed myhair and blow dried it, OMG, its so freaking thick man. I almost cried. I'm not doing this again for a long time. But anyway, curious, I took out my flat iron and straightened some hair. I was shocked but I was able to get it bone straight with only one pass on like 290 degrees temp. I don't know if that's good or bad, but it was like a silky press. So I did this b/c I wanted to see how uneven my hair is. I do plan on wearing it straight once in a while when it gets long so I guess I'd just like to cut it now and get it on out the way.

I have nothing else to add to this thread at the moment, lol... I think I'll post pics of my hair after I straighten it

Anyone have success with making a wng last for atleast 2 days? SN: I can wait for this BRBC tp arrive. This heat in Mississippi is drying my hair out. :(

My WnG lasted 5 days with KCKT and KCCC. When I used Long aid curl activator, ecostyler, Miss Jessie's by day two or three it looked a mess but Kinky Curly products worked really well for me :yep:

Wow is everybody rocking some twists right now? I know I have mine in some but I plan to take them down this weekend. I love how low manni they are. Who else is rocking twists right now??

Twist roll call:

Stephelise
Mummysgirl
VainJane
Loves Harmony

I just re-twisted my hair. I deep conditioned and twisted less than a week ago but for some reason my twists were looking raggedy. I think I forgot to where a scarf to bed a couple of nights. Anyways, one by one I re-did them, spritzing with water, then s-curl, layering in Miracle Oil Moisturizer, followed by oil. My hair looks so refreshed and pretty. And I am thrilled too because it's just one month since my bc and I can really see growth, I am so excited. I hoped to be shoulder length by December and I am very confident I will reach my goal!:woot:

Last edited:
Back