~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

Have any of you ladies tried the Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie???? I just tried for the first time today and I am in love!!! I used it for a wash and go and my curls were so soft and very defined. I used about a dime size amount on each section of my hair (4 sections). Rubbed it from root to rip and gave it a lil shake and that was it! The process was so simple and took me under 5 minutes. I got it from Target for about $10 and it seems like this jar will last me a long time. I've also heard that this product is really good for twistouts. I definitely think this product will be a staple for me :grin:.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! This is what I've been using for my WNG, that with the milk is where it's at! This line is a staple for me.
:rolleyes: @ these delectable, delicious (:lick:) names. I'm such a sucker.

I just looked up this company and it turns out they're black owned (I figured they were but I wasn't certain). I guess this is part of target's initiative to bring in more product lines from smaller/minority-owned businesses. I've checked the line out a couple of times while at target but I wasn't sure what to make of them value-wise. Based on their ownership and you guys' reviews, I'll probably give their products a try.

I officially became natural earlier today :woot:. I will post pics at some point tonight. I am very happy :yep:!

:rolleyes: @ these delectable, delicious (:lick:) names. I'm such a sucker.

I just looked up this company and it turns out they're black owned (I figured they were but I wasn't certain). I guess this is part of target's initiative to bring in more product lines from smaller/minority-owned businesses. I've checked the line out a couple of times while at target but I wasn't sure what to make of them value-wise. Based on their ownership and you guys' reviews, I'll probably give their products a try.

Yes I would definitely recommend it! Every product that I' ve tried so far i've loved. And after going to 3 targets I finally found the hair milk!

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE PICTURES.

I will take these down in the morning.
002.jpg

003-1.jpg

Congrats to all of the new natural ladies!

I BCed on March 19th. I'll post pics and make a thread within the next week.

Err Ladies, I'm back with more pictures :look:

I pulled my twistout into a puff on day 2 (2weeks natural :yay:):

Next day I cowashed after my workout and *had* to do a wash and go puff :ohwell: (I don't like my hair drying unstretched. I want to avoid unneccessary tangling):

Today (Sunday) I'm going to put my hair back in twists for the week - looks like that's going to be my routine for a while:

Mon - Thurs/Fri: Twists
Fri/Sat - Sun: Twistout, Puff, etc

Length:

Happy 4th of July to the American Ladies :grin:

Last edited:
Welcome to all the new BC-ers! I'm about halfway done. It looks like I had 3/4 inches of growth in the back and about half an inch in the front (over a month)

Congrats!

I officially became natural earlier today :woot:. I will post pics at some point tonight. I am very happy :yep:!
Your hair is lovely! Now I want some close-up pics! :look: I'll be patient, though.
Congrats to all of the new natural ladies!

I BCed on March 19th. I'll post pics and make a thread within the next week.
Can't wait!

For those who are rocking fro's, don't forget to post your pics! :grin: Here's the original thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=454430

Congrats!
Your hair is lovely! Now I want some close-up pics! :look: I'll be patient, though.
Can't wait!
I know :look: you're not the first to ask. I will try and get some at work on Tuesday. I may try over the next few days. We'll see what I can do :yep:.

OH EM GEE!!!

Shay, I had no idea you were going natural:shocked:. Welcome to this side of the hair globe:yep:.
:grin:. Transitioned for 1 year and 2 days!

I'm still cutting straight ends but like the rest of you at some point I will stop.

Congrats Shay. Glad you made the plunge. Oh you are going to soooo love washing your hair now. With those relaxed ends gone it is such a breeze.:yep:

Ok Ladies, I promise, no more pictures.... until next weekend :lol:

Twists on Stretched Hair Today:

Compare to twists (quoted) that had been cowashed last week (shrinkage is amazing!):

Good to see everyone's doing well :yep:

:congrats: new naturals :grin:

vainღ♥♡jane - your hair's soooo beautiful and you know I've *always* said that :yep:

Two more pics. I see straight ends still. Also I could have fixed my hair better in the first pic. PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE. Thank you.

001-1-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

i got a hair compliment today. it made me feel good, especially since people down here openly fawn over other hair types. ♥

Love your hair, Shay! Thanks for the closeup's.:yep: You might want to hold off on those straight ends. We've been discussing how we chopped off straight ends that turned out to just be stretched natural hair.

i got a hair compliment today. it made me feel good, especially since people down here openly fawn over other hair types. ♥

I wish you could come up to my neck of the woods in Brooklyn. All hair types are drooled over and it's very type4-friendly. :yep: And there's so much variety in how type 4s wear their hair, too. Glad you're getting compliments!

Back