~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

i got my first negative hair comment yesterday. :sad: a cousin i hate came over to visit, and i had my hair in a wash and go. he asked me if i was gonna loc it up, and i said no. then he went on to say 'you should. YOU'D BE BETTER OFF. then maybe you could get some play'. :shocked: i was upset. and my stupid aunt just sittin there cosignin, tombout 'ooh, he called you out jazz'. and to make matters even worse, i wasn't the only natural in the room! but the difference is, my cousin has that 3b/c hair (which some people view as 'good') and i have 4a hair. so for him to just pick me out let me know his stance about hair types. as if a person with type 4 can only wear natural hair in locs, while 3's can wear theirs loose without any hesitation. ♥

Every time I see you posting and see your picture at the end of your post, I think to myself, how pretty your hair is. Seriously. It's beautiful. :yep:

I rocked my first puff this past week! I got so many compliments, and of course I was running out of the house so I didn't take a pic. I'm gonna wear another one on the 4th and I'll be sure to take pics then.

I decided to stop cutting the straight ends. I was think I had leftover relaxed ends but it looks like that I have a few naturally straight strands.:perplexed Anybody else noticed this?

I decided to stop cutting the straight ends. I was think I had leftover relaxed ends but it looks like that I have a few naturally straight strands.:perplexed Anybody else noticed this?

:yep: I'm going to deep condition tonight and do one last tiny trim and then I'm done for awhile.

Yup, I noticed same thing. I'm going to slow up on my 'trims' ;)

Hi Ladies, I BC'd about a month on memorial day. I've very hair lazy, but I've finally updated my fotki with pics of some of my styles, so I just wanted to share. Link is in siggy

ETA: Stats

Last Relaxer: 3-27-09

Hair type: Thick, Coarse, type 4 ish hair

Regi: wash, dc with steam, twits outs or up do's

Goal: Full SL by 12/31/10

Last edited:

Oh yes! Put the scissors down and back away slowly :lachen:. I cut off about 2 months progress in the front of my head thinking it was relaxed. I've peeped a few strands throughout that are straight.

Ok I did a puff today and took some pics. I used Shea Moisture milk and the curling stuff in the tub. It's still wet.

DSC00927.jpg

DSC00924.jpg

DSC00918.jpg

DSC00923.jpg

Oh yes! Put the scissors down and back away slowly :lachen:. I cut off about 2 months progress in the front of my head thinking it was relaxed. I've peeped a few strands throughout that are straight.

Ok I did a puff today and took some pics. I used Shea Moisture milk and the curling stuff in the tub.

I love your puff. It is so pretty and healthy.

Ok I did a puff today and took some pics. I used Shea Moisture milk and the curling stuff in the tub. It's still wet.

Love the results! Shea moisture is on my list to try when my current leave in and curl products finish

Love the results! Shea moisture is on my list to try when my current leave in and curl products finish

Foxglove its DA BOMB! Its the product line I'll be sticking to, no more experimenting. I used this stuff last week and my hair stayed moisturized for 5 days! All I did was sprits with a little water daily. I love it!

Oh, and soft. Its so soft to the touch.

Hey ladies I am a new natural and BC pics are in fotki and a few places here! I have a twa since my transition was only for 3.5 months!

I agree at some point you gotta t stop snipping those ends until you truly know your hair more because remember 4b doesn't have a curl pattern. I did this too because my 3c curls are so much bigger than my 4a coils I thought it may be relaxer LOL. Until it kept growing that way all over in many places.

When you BCd
03/05/2010

How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd

I think about 7-8, I couldn't handle the two textures.

Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) - a detailed description can help in evaluating product and regimen's possible effectiveness

I am about a 3 b/c, corkscrew curls... my hair just naturally spirals :look:. My hair grows down, I'm always having to fluff it up. shrinkage is ridiculous.. but I like it.. It lets me rock the twa a little longer, but on the flipside I want a puff now!

Your current regimen

Right now I just cowash every other day or so, juice and go or either I will do some finger coils.. mainly wash n go's.

Your favorite styles

Finger coils.. for now.. working on that puff then on to two strand twists

Your current length and goal length

Hmm about 5 inches or something like that. I do not plan on taking photos until 07/01/2010. I really wanted to wait until my birthday...07/25/2010, but I know how you ladies are.. I will be posting soon. ::grin:

Your photo album, if any

So I deep conditioned last night and twisted my hair up and just refused to snip any more straight pieces. I'm going to wait a few months and see what happens.

Hi ladies!! I thought I'd bump this thread with a little update about my hair. I've been natural for 3 months now and I'm loving it. My hair has really taken off and I can feel it getting heavier and longer, especially when I'm in the shower. My transitioning regimen seems to be working well for my natural hair, so nothing has changed product wise in the past few months. I haven't even made any hair purchases for products that aren't staples in about 6 months!! That's crazy. I think in August I will purchase another seamless comb because if the one I have breaks I will need a back up. I'm also going to experiment with wash and go's in August, which means I only have one more month to go!!

I stretched my hair last night and the back is about 1 inch past APL and I have about 3.5 inches to BSL. I hope to be very close by December.

How is everyone else doing??

Isnt that the best feeling!!!?!?!? Mine feels heavier too in the shower and I love it. I'm doing well, not doing much with it except waiting for it to grow lol. I just want the top to catch up with the bottom so it's all SL, but that may take a year or so. I don't think i will like the way it looks on me until the top half gets to at east chin length curly, cuz right now the only thing i hate about it is the shape since its all layers...its like upside down triangle or something :lachen:

Hi ladies!! I thought I'd bump this thread with a little update about my hair. I've been natural for 3 months now and I'm loving it. My hair has really taken off and I can feel it getting heavier and longer, especially when I'm in the shower. My transitioning regimen seems to be working well for my natural hair, so nothing has changed product wise in the past few months. I haven't even made any hair purchases for products that aren't staples in about 6 months!! That's crazy. I think in August I will purchase another seamless comb because if the one I have breaks I will need a back up. I'm also going to experiment with wash and go's in August, which means I only have one more month to go!!

I stretched my hair last night and the back is about 1 inch past APL and I have about 3.5 inches to BSL. I hope to be very close by December.

How is everyone else doing??

I've been cutting relaxed ends but I think I'm done now. Hopefully I didn't cut any natural hair :pullhair:

Hi Ladies, quick update:

Saturday - I cowashed, airdried in 2 puffs and took them down when my hair was dry:

Length:

Twists (done on Sunday, might take them out tomorrow...)

Good to see everyone's doing well :yep:

:congrats: new naturals :grin:

vainღ♥♡jane - your hair's soooo beautiful and you know I've *always* said that :yep:

I did an ACV rinse last night after reading about 4a hair having dry raised cuticles. Anyway, I was a fan of ACV rinses when I was relaxed, they always left my hair super smooth but I doubted it would do anything for me now.

So after I rinsed it, I added my leave in (Giovanni Leave In Direct) and then sealed with some of my shea/oil mix and WOW, my hair was so soft! I mean, it was softer than my hair has ever been during this hair journey. I know you can overdo ACV rinses, so I'll try to keep it to once a week but ooh whee, I'm back to loving my hair again. (Well, I was always in love...)

mummysgirl, I :love: your twists. Your hair is so beautiful and healthy and juicy!

I did an ACV rinse last night after reading about 4a hair having dry raised cuticles. Anyway, I was a fan of ACV rinses when I was relaxed, they always left my hair super smooth but I doubted it would do anything for me now.

So after I rinsed it, I added my leave in (Giovanni Leave In Direct) and then sealed with some of my shea/oil mix and WOW, my hair was so soft! I mean, it was softer than my hair has ever been during this hair journey. I know you can overdo ACV rinses, so I'll try to keep it to once a week but ooh whee, I'm back to loving my hair again. (Well, I was always in love...)
Good to hear.:yep: Did you dilute the acv?

Hi Ladies, quick update:

Saturday - I cowashed, airdried in 2 puffs and took them down when my hair was dry:

Length:

Twists (done on Sunday, might take them out tomorrow...)

Good to see everyone's doing well :yep:

:congrats: new naturals :grin:

vainღ♥♡jane - your hair's soooo beautiful and you know I've *always* said that :yep:

Those twists are super-cute and fluffy :yep:

Last edited:
I'm thinking about getting serious with Ayurveda again. I was doing a lot of Ayurvedic cowashes early in my transition (I don't know why I stopped :ohwell:) and I think I'll start back on it. I may also try to make a homemade Ayurvedic spritz as well.

I convinced a friend on the verge to start transitioning :yay: I gave her this website and curlynikki's site.
Also I think these braids are coming out this weekend. I can't take them anymore and I want to play with my hair

Back