~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

still in the yarn braids...not missin my hair at all ...yet:look:

the only reason i cant wait to get out these braids is so i can do a nice healthy trim. im thinking 1/2 in will be how much ill need to trim but im tryin to get to APL by November. im thinking of puttin my hair in some long box braids like hairsothick but i would only be able to afford to do them myself. Im going to do them two weeks after my one year for the rest of the winter.
(EXCITED!) GO PS'in!

I haven't posted any pics in a while. Took my twists out obviously. I did a braidout earlier this week that I really liked. Shea moisture curl and style milk as a leave in, shea moisture deep treatment masque as my butter, and a little kiss my face upper management gel. I let the braids dry completely before taking them down
IMG_1266.jpg

They were defined (for me) but still touchable. I rebraid or retwist each night. This is it today after 3 days
IMAG0265b-1.jpg

Last edited:
Foxglove I was just coming in to post bc i saw your siggy in another thread - your hair is gorgeous, that braidout is on point!

Thanks andromeda! I'm still experimenting with this kiss my face upper management gel but so far I like it for the -out styles. I actually wore my twist/braidout twice without putting it in a puff *gasp*

I can put my hair in a pony puff!! Well. . . almost. I have to two strand flat twist the front down to behind my ear, but I'm excited none the less. Now off to hide my hair!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

"length check" picture. you can't really tell where my waist is but i probably have about an inch to go if i straightened my hair. that won't be happening until about march of next year out of pure laziness.

Last edited:
Finally put my hair in twists:

I'll redo them next weekend ==> My hair will be in twists for a month.

As always, they're already shrinking... surprise, surprise:

Last edited:
I'm so tempted to use extensions (for braids) when I go home (Nigeria) for a couple of weeks.

Problem is - I haven't done so in years cos I'm so worried about my already weak hairline...

Your pictures are tempting me even more!!!

:lick:

DSCN4029.JPG

DSCN4035.JPG

DSCN4039.JPG

I tried a fishtail braid yesterday. Lol. It was super thick.

DSCN4014.JPG

Cant wait to be completely natural:lick:, i might have to ditch this transitioning thing:perplexed. Decisions, decisions:spinning:

Last edited:
Thank you 13StepsAhead !! I hadn't taken a hair picture in so long, but I needed to send one of my friends an update picture and I was pretty surprised. I love when that happens. Hopefully everyone's growth continues!

been wigging for a couple days with big twists underneath and so ready for a change! going to fluff out my hair for the pool later and then wash tonight and maybe prep my hair for a braidout...maybe.

Doing my TerrEssentials Detox today and this is what my hair look like after using the product.. So far I love this product and the way it made my curls look just want to see if my hair stay moisturized like everyone else who used it..

Attachments

• TerrEssentials Hair Wash.JPG
    TerrEssentials Hair Wash.JPG
    378.1 KB · Views: 79
Doing my TerrEssentials Detox today and this is what my hair look like after using the product.. So far I love this product and the way it made my curls look just want to see if my hair stay moisturized like everyone else who used it..

LadyMacgyver Your hair looks great! Please keep us updated on your progress with TerrEssentials Detox. BTW, do you use any other setting products while using the detox like gel?

StephElise

No gel today.. I just used shea moisture leave in and my naturalista juicy leave in and that was it.. I just twisted my hair.. I will finsh doing the rest of my detox so not quite sure how to style my hair and I plan to make my own gel since I shouldn't use anything with bad ingredients in them.. Ecostyler doesn't have the best ingredients.. Shea Moisture gel comes out Sunday not sure if they will have the gel in my area..

Hopefully I can join even though I'm not officially natural!

When you BCd
I'm on an indefinite "stretch" with intermittent 'mini' big chops. Hopefully I can transition for at least 3 years before I am fully natural. :)

How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd
Haven't gotten there yet but I'm 3 months post now with BSL relaxed hair.

Have you been natural before? When?
Nope (unless you count the first few years of my life before I was introduced to relaxers).

Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) - a detailed description can help in evaluating product and regimen's possible effectiveness
I'm assuming I'm 4b but I won't know for sure until I BC.

Your current regimen
Shampoo and DC 1x week. Co-wash 2-3x week. Leave-in. Style as desired - in my case, bun.

Your favorite styles
Buns (because I suck at styling).

Your current length and goal length
Current length is BSL but my new growth is like 1-2 inches right now. Goal is WL natural.

Your photo album, if any
None yet.

Last edited:
I found hair that looks almost exactly like mine! Posting this for the 4b/4c lurkers bc there aren't that many youtubers with this texture

http://youtu.be/HwQnQFTzdYI
http://youtu.be/4fICckJGaJk

OMG wow, finally hair that looks like mine too, just longer! I need a better camera than just my cellphone so I can take some pics. Also, now that my hair is back to being dyed dark it looks way more textured than it did light. Hmm..weird. Thanks for those links! :)

When you BCd
January 29th

How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd
2 months I think? Had my hair cut down to somewhere around half an inch though.

Have you been natural before? When?
Nope

Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) - a detailed description can help in evaluating product and regimen's possible effectiveness

Type: 4s on most of my head, with 3 something on my crown and back of my head
Normal porosity (just realized I was normal, not low)
Growth pattern: back and sides hang (grow down), the rest grows out-I think
Shrinkage: My hair definitely shrinks and it has great elasticity. It shrinks most in the back of my head and in my wack patch on the right side of my head. Grr

Your current regimen
GHE 4 times a week
Co-wash once a week
Shampoo once a month
Oil scalp every 2-3 days
Moisturize as needed and seal with avocado butter

Your favorite styles
Does wake up and fluff count? :lachen: That's what I do most the time; braid-outs-have yet to try a twist out lol

Your current length and goal length
Back: somewhere along my neck-maybe 3 inches away from collarbone
Front: passing my eyebrows and brushing the base of my nose
Sides: Between ear and jaw

Goal length: Ultimately WL

Your photo album, if any:
My fotki

Back