~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

Ladies :bighug:

I BCed today!!! After a 17 month transition, I decided to cut off my relaxed ends. The pics aren't that great because my cell phone camera is not that great. Sorry about that :sad:

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

001.jpg

I need to work on my method of defining my curls. Today I used V05 Revitalizing conditioner and the argan eco styler. I bought Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie today so I'll try that next time.

I got the Beshe "Drew" wig that everyone raves about on YT. I plopped that mess on my head and I looked like Diana Ross. No bueno.

I hate when I have to make a wig work for me. Ugh!

Borderhammer made it look so good though.........

I blow dried me and my DD's hair with a blowdryer this weekend and love it! She had pictures taken and I did the Corrine Bailey Rae style that people go crazy over by putting her hair in bantu knots. I put her hair in braids last night for a braidout before I do her hair tonight. I put bantu knots in my hair last night and unraveled but haven't separated yet.

and look at that, i'm 18 months post relaxer!

hey yall! hows it going? im about to hit week 2 with these yarn braids monday and still enjoy them. I have trying to do some new styles with them but im just lazy and enjoy just puttin them in a bun and dippin out the house. lol. hopefully i get some motivation next week :D I have 6 weeks left to go!

oh! heres a pic of my hair (frohawk from a twistout) before i put it away in these yarn braids...that weekend before i did the yarn braids was the most ive ever had to do my hair...twistouts....big twists, twists pinned up, twistout pinned up, puff with a flat twist in the front. i did alll these styles for five different events i had to go to and i was like bump this!! its too much work!

so i applaude and admire you all that can stand doing your hair on a regular every day or every otha day for that matter cuz this chick cant do it! lol!!

Attachments

• DSCN5867.jpg
    DSCN5867.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 65
I finally got my box braids. They are tailbone length. I am probably going to razor them to just below my waist. They are really pretty and I plan to keep them in for 2.5 months.

I will post pics tonight.

Question. . .I'm doing two strand twists on blown out natural hair and I'm concerned about the twists not holding. Any suggestions or thoughts on a way to hold the ends together?I'm not opposed to anything (i.e. gel, etc.) but I don't want my hair to revert.

Ladies :bighug:

I BCed today!!! After a 17 month transition, I decided to cut off my relaxed ends. The pics aren't that great because my cell phone camera is not that great. Sorry about that :sad:

View attachment 121931

View attachment 121933

View attachment 121935

View attachment 121937

I need to work on my method of defining my curls. Today I used V05 Revitalizing conditioner and the argan eco styler. I bought Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie today so I'll try that next time.

Congrats!!!!!!

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

Question. . .I'm doing two strand twists on blown out natural hair and I'm concerned about the twists not holding. Any suggestions or thoughts on a way to hold the ends together?I'm not opposed to anything (i.e. gel, etc.) but I don't want my hair to revert.

@blcbuty@ I just add a lil moisturizer on my tips or a lil water when I get to the end.

just make sure you dont use any product that contains water in it to avoid reversion. you can try using shea butter, which ive used and it held pretty well. ive also used oyin handmade burnt sugar pomade and/or castor oil for hold

Mmmk, I see why naturals can easily go through lbs of gel and buy gel in bulk.

It takes a lot of gel/product to shingle. Hair looks so different when done.

My hair is growing! :yay: Funny how I can see more progress on my short hair than when it was longer and relaxed it didn't seem to budge.

DSCN4029.JPG

DSCN4035.JPG

DSCN4040.JPG

DSCN4039.JPG

I tried a fishtail braid yesterday. Lol. It was super thick.

DSCN4014.JPG

Hey seventiesbaby I am going through the same thing over here. Even my DH isn't too thrilled about it, but he knows better than to say anything.:lachen: (This is my 4th BC everyone who knows me, knows by now it'll grow back just as long as before.)
Isn't it amazing how something so simple can make you feel so free?

You are tempting me... hairsothick I love your braids! :grin:

:clapping: Congratulations! missjones

I tried the wash and go again and this time it turned out better. I didn't put on enough gel the first time so my hair got fuzzy when it dried. I'll put up pics later. It looks weighed down I think because I used olive oil.

I cowashed, detangled in sections, put HE HH on each section, then the olive oil, then the gel. I smoothed but I didn't really rake. I just separated the sections with my fingers.

Next time I'll try the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie and sweet almond oil. I'll also separate the sections smaller.

Well, yesterday was my most thorough wash day in this whole time since I’ve BC’d a year and a half ago! I washed with Shea Moisture – Moisture Retention Shampoo and then oil rinsed with a mix of coconut/olive oil. I found that putting the oil in the fridge to help it solidify made it a lot easier to spread on my hair. After that, I rinsed and detangled so thoroughly that I was actually able to plait my hair in sections! My hair is growing y’all! Did look like a small hamster after I gathered the shed hair though :look: lol So, then I conditioned with AOHSR mixed with Mane ‘N’ Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner (a great creamy mix with slip!). Left that on for about a half-hr. Rinsed and didn’t even need a leave-in. My hair felt soft the entire time I was twisting my hair and the detangling/plaits made for a simple time parting and twisting! Will post pics later, they aren’t anything to write home about 

I’m glad we can share ideas and new discoveries with each other ladies. I’m still learning more and more about my hair. Not bored at all, yet! :drunk:

Hi everyone!
Well Im almost a week in and I'm still in love with my hair. I am having some trouble finding a product that will give me some shine. my hair looks dull. I have some clear clariol deposit only dye. But I kind of want to only use the dye products when I grow out and want to choose a color to stick with. My natural dark brown washes out my skin tone, so Im always red or darn near blond.

I still need to work on one product line and stick to it. My growth conconctions are working. Megate, Minoval,oil mixtures,sulfur and JCO. Im constantly brushing and the sides are coming in pretty good. Yeah!! LOL!

Question: Does anyone know about this "deva" cut thats supposed to define your curls much better?

Thanks, hope everyone is well..

Last edited:
hairsothick

very pretty and neat.. You can see that they are not wayy to tight...I can see it on the 2nd pic but it doesn't look like they are pulling on your scalp too hard..

Nope, they aren't tight. I had very little pain while she braided my hair and that was due to my scalp being slightly tender from me blowing it out, not her braiding technique.

I was able to pony tail it and bun it the same day. I could pull them in any direction w/ little to no pain.

hairsothick Did you do those yourself? Those are the kind of braids I want

I didn't do them my self this time, but I probably will next time if I don't have another 200 bucks to spare. Lol. It looks like a simple process and I am making note of the braiding pattern she used (diamonds instead of squares).

Back