~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

Do you have any recommendations?

I would go with the aphogee 2 step or something strong like that. Of course follow it up with a moisture DC but I would go heavy on the protein for a few washes and see if that helps any. Beer rinse I've also heard is good for bringing back curls

here are my yarn braids as promised!!

Attachments

• DSCN5886.jpg
    DSCN5886.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN5888.jpg
    DSCN5888.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN5889.jpg
    DSCN5889.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN5901.jpg
    DSCN5901.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN5906.jpg
    DSCN5906.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 26
and a few more :grin:

it took me 17 hours over the course of 3 days...i tried to make the parts bigger so that i wouldnt have as many braids but for some reason my hair is just too thick and couldnt really make the parts bigger without it looking all jacked up.. im getting used to the length too.

last time i did them they were shoulder length now they are APL. i may cut thme shorter if i feel like its too long. i used about 3/4 of the large 14 oz spool of red heart yarn.

Attachments

• DSCN5898.jpg
    DSCN5898.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN5887.jpg
    DSCN5887.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 22
...yarn braids? Like you use actual yarn?:think: Hmm...TO YOUTUBE!

*runs back* Holy moley! That is amazing! I never knew you could do that with yarn! And yours look beautiful ZkittyKurls! I may do these next...

thank you! yea i like that they are cheap to do and it is good for your hair...ie it doesnt dry your hair out, contrary to popular belief. and it lasts a long time and you can use different colors like brown, burgundy or even red, which ive added red for highlights before and it came out great!

I tried WestNDNbeauty braid and curl.. Her hair is much longer than mine and I seperated my curls a little.. It held up pretty good in about 95 degree weather.. 7 weeks natural..

Attachments

• Plait and Roll Style.JPG
    Plait and Roll Style.JPG
    474.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Plait and Roll Style (2).JPG
    Plait and Roll Style (2).JPG
    470.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Plait and Roll Style (4).JPG
    Plait and Roll Style (4).JPG
    445.3 KB · Views: 38
Hey ladies! I need some advice, especially from my type 4 ladies. My sister is now transitioning[yay!] but she has a different hair type from mines. Her hair is very dry, even if we put moisturizer or leave-ins in it. I wanted to know what leave-in or moisturizer do you ladies suggest for her. TIA! :]

Hey ladies! I need some advice, especially from my type 4 ladies. My sister is now transitioning[yay!] but she has a different hair type from mines. Her hair is very dry, even if we put moisturizer or leave-ins in it. I wanted to know what leave-in or moisturizer do you ladies suggest for her. TIA! :]

IMO deep conditioning is more important for moisture than leave ins/moisturizers. I would find a good moisturizing DC and use it at least every 2 weeks, but when I find myself with dry hair I DC once a week until my moisture is back where I want it. There are tons of suggestions for moisturizing DC's but I use Aubreys Organics Honeysuckle Rose (I normally mix it with something bc it's so thick)

IMO deep conditioning is more important for moisture than leave ins/moisturizers. I would find a good moisturizing DC and use it at least every 2 weeks, but when I find myself with dry hair I DC once a week until my moisture is back where I want it. There are tons of suggestions for moisturizing DC's but I use Aubreys Organics Honeysuckle Rose (I normally mix it with something bc it's so thick)
Thank you Foxglove! I`ll have to find that @ Whole Foods.

You make a good point...I NEVER, and I mean never, chile...NEVER DC! That's like the one thing missing from my routine and I'm constantly trying to up my moisture via spraying water on my hair or rubbing in some leave-in :look: I think it's mostly because I try to zoom through the washing to get to the styling. Good advice, Foxglove :)

I find that dc'ing without heat works better than with heat. I leave it on for like an hour under a plastic cap and let my body heat do it's thing.

I dc with steam using a hot turbie twistie. I need a new DC though...and I use so much product....ugh my pockets!

hi everyone
Im seventies baby. I just BBC (big big chopped) this week 8/7/11. No one, and I mean no one likes my hair. Except for the person Im dating at the moment and some family members. I have gotten it all.."OMG, why did you do that?!".." are you having a breakdown?", and just last night my bff, almost admitted she hated it. She just kinda said, "you got big ones to do what you did"..

:spinning: whatever!

Honestly, I never in my life felt sooo free and liberated. Yesterday, I smiling, all day it was the second time I dumped the wigs and wore just me. AND I LOVE IT!! I cant explain it I just do.

So I started a Fotki, with journal entries, the first much to what I wrote about above. And Im really excited about this journey. I been a member of LHCF for a little while now, but mostly lurking.

I would love some advise on growing my edges back in..I am a victim of micro braiding over the years and as of late, that style took a toll on my edges..

Just wanted to say hi..:newbie:

Last edited:
I've been out of the kinky twists about 3 days and I'm quickly realizing I may need to reintroduce gel in my life. The humidity right now is crazy so my shrinkage is crazy and my -out styles are done by the time I get to work. I tried the jane carter wrap and roll but this Tennessee humidity has it beat. I like eco for my edges but I wanted something a little lighter to use all over. I saw a review on naturallyobsessed for Kiss My Face Upper Management gel where she used it for a braidout. I looked up reviews on youtube and it promises a lot (no build up, SLS/parabens/phthalates, medium hold) but I guess we'll see. One reason I stopped using eco so much was bc of build up so we'll see how this gel compares. I also used a lot of leave in to avoid potential drying effects of gel. We'll see how it works out

ETA thanks Platinum and :welcome: seventiesbaby

I've been out of the kinky twists about 3 days and I'm quickly realizing I may need to reintroduce gel in my life. The humidity right now is crazy so my shrinkage is crazy and my -out styles are done by the time I get to work. I tried the jane carter wrap and roll but this Tennessee humidity has it beat. I like eco for my edges but I wanted something a little lighter to use all over. I saw a review on naturallyobsessed for Kiss My Face Upper Management gel where she used it for a braidout. I looked up reviews on youtube and it promises a lot (no build up, SLS/parabens/phthalates, medium hold) but I guess we'll see. One reason I stopped using eco so much was bc of build up so we'll see how this gel compares. I also used a lot of leave in to avoid potential drying effects of gel. We'll see how it works out

ETA thanks Platinum and :welcome: seventiesbaby

Foxglove I'm in Nashville (heeeyyyyy) I use the IC Fantasia Gel. It works pretty well as long as their aren't alot of products underneath it. It's also easy to rinse out for me and the hold is great but leaves my hair soft. No one can ever tell that I have gel in my hair. Have you tried this before?

ETA thanks @Platinum and :welcome: @seventiesbaby

Lady on another site use this she love it.. I think the reason she love it is because of the no build-up and gives her great hold

Foxglove I'm in Nashville (heeeyyyyy) I use the IC Fantasia Gel. It works pretty well as long as their aren't alot of products underneath it. It's also easy to rinse out for me and the hold is great but leaves my hair soft. No one can ever tell that I have gel in my hair. Have you tried this before?

I used it back in the day while I was transitioning but I haven't revisited. I kind of replaced it with eco. Maybe after I run out of eco I'll give this one a try

Lady on another site use this she love it.. I think the reason she love it is because of the no build-up and gives her great hold
Awesome I hope to have the same results

Back