~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

Cowashing has become my friend since I've gone natural. I'm still trying to balance my moisture & combat dryness. I think I may have porosity issue...not sure as I'm still trying to find products & a regimen that works for me.

I'm seriously thinking about going back to Ayurvedic co-washes so I'm going to stock up on my powders and oils. In the meantime, I have decided to take down my mini twists. I was thinking about letting them lock but I think I'm going to wait and gain more length first. I may try again in 6 months or another year.:ohwell:

Last edited:
Cowashing has become my friend since I've gone natural. I'm still trying to balance my moisture & combat dryness. I think I may have porosity issue...not sure as I'm still trying to find products & a regimen that works for me.

My suggestion would be Roux Porosity Control and nightly baggy method.

In January, it will be two years since I BC'd. I like to sometimes daydream of how my twists will rest on my shoulders and how long my hair will be when i stretch it. Am I the only one? :look:

Anyone use rosewater in a spritz they made? I'm thinking of mixing some with some AVJ and water. Where can I buy it?

This heat is so extreme! I feel like I need to keep a spritz in my purse.

Anyone use rosewater in a spritz they made? I'm thinking of mixing some with some AVJ and water. Where can I buy it?

This heat is so extreme! I feel like I need to keep a spritz in my purse.

I like rosewater. I either use it by itself or mix it with other sprays (ex I had some left over so I threw it in with the remainder of my shea moisture spray last week). I can't use it as a leave in by itself though. I buy it from gnc/vitamin shoppe/whole foods/any health food store. It normally comes in a pink bottle and can come premixed with glycerin

I sure didn't blow dry, i just banded instead. after blow drying a small section I got bothered immediately and decided to give it a few passes of my flat iron. I'm definitely full SL, in between SL and APl...joy.

So today my hair feels great! And it's so shiny!!!! I think I will do ACV rinses at every wash. My hair feels a lil stronger too.

Officially 2 years and 1 month relaxer free today!!!:wow::rocker::ohsnap: :afropick:
Still loving every minute of my natural journey....:afro::creatures:bouncegre:dance7:

ETA: I like to celebrate every milestone of my natural hair journey because I get super frustrated with my hair. At the end of the day knowing I made it another month learning what my hair likes/dislikes makes it all worth it:grin:

Last edited:
I spritzed my ends/sealed and did a whole head baggy over my twists. I HATE that mushy wet head feeling! gross! My hair feels ok though :look:

Thanks Sheryl...can you share info on baggy method? Is it spritzing your hair and covering with a plastic cap?

Baggying is really easy. Just moisturize (seal if you want) and put a plastic cap (or grocery bag, like I do when funds are tight :lachen: ) over your head. Leave it on overnight and wake up to moisturized hair. :grin:

It'll be wet, but after your hair dries, it'll be softer and more moisturized than it would have been without the baggying. :yep:

Small update here, I have serious heat damage. I have lost lots of curl definition, parts of my hair won't curl or coil anymore. The front part is just there, and the nape, a small section of my nape is bone straight. When I twist my hair the ends won't coil up like they used to.

So now I feel like cutting this off again. I'm not sure if I want to do that or just trim as I grow. I really don't feel like the BC stage again but I'll see how I feel as time progresses. My stylist advised me of straigtening often. Hmm, but that was like my first time

She pressed wiht a hot comb then followed with a flat iron. Honestly all it takes is a flat iron to get me straight but I didn't think damage would be done. She only went through my hair with the comb once, blah I guess once was enough. I would be torn, actually I was torn but I've since over come this lol... I will post pictures my next wash.

Okay so after all of that, I will chop again this time next year lol. I don't think I'll straighten again, so over it.

:bighug: @Anew. I feel your frustration. You'll get through it - better to learn the lesson of heat damage now than when you're 4 yrs in and wl!

I bc'd after trainsitioning for 2yrs! My last relaxer was Aug 7th 2009! I didnt really take any pictures so that's why I am posting here instead of my own thread! I love my hair and I cant wait to watch it grow!

My mama has been calling me Celie ALL day :ohwell: but for some reason I dont care! I love my hair :drunk:

Small update here, I have serious heat damage. I have lost lots of curl definition, parts of my hair won't curl or coil anymore. The front part is just there, and the nape, a small section of my nape is bone straight. When I twist my hair the ends won't coil up like they used to.

So now I feel like cutting this off again. I'm not sure if I want to do that or just trim as I grow. I really don't feel like the BC stage again but I'll see how I feel as time progresses. My stylist advised me of straigtening often. Hmm, but that was like my first time

She pressed wiht a hot comb then followed with a flat iron. Honestly all it takes is a flat iron to get me straight but I didn't think damage would be done. She only went through my hair with the comb once, blah I guess once was enough. I would be torn, actually I was torn but I've since over come this lol... I will post pictures my next wash.

Before you chop everything off try some heavy protein treatments and beer rinses. If anything it may get you back curly enough where you could transition and slowly cut the damage off

After last wash day, I officially can not wash my hair loose! It was a horrible mess! My end feel like knot city! I will from here on out, wash in plaits. I just did a self trim 2 weeks ago now I have to cut the ssk's out. Smh

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

I bc'd after trainsitioning for 2yrs! My last relaxer was Aug 7th 2009! I didnt really take any pictures so that's why I am posting here instead of my own thread! I love my hair and I cant wait to watch it grow!

My mama has been calling me Celie ALL day :ohwell: but for some reason I dont care! I love my hair :drunk:

Yay! Congrats! :]

I have realized that the front bang area of my hair doesn't curl but waves and it is annoying as heck...

Back