~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

All done!
IMAG0027.jpg

I'll probably try to keep them for a month...or as long as they stay looking nice :look: Shoutout to @Nonie !

Looks beautiful!!! I want to try mini twist sooooo bad! I'm trying to talk my daughter into doing them for me today.

ETA, DD ran off with her boyfriend today, so I'm banding prepping for a fro tomorrow....

Last edited:
hey yall, i have my hair in big chunky twists. i still dont have a style for my event at the end of the month but hopefully i can find something to do with my hair. i plan on leaving my hair in these twists for two weeks since im not going anywhere special.

my ends still feel raggedy and i havent tried the baggy method yet. i know i have ssks at the ends of some of my strands, but dunno if they are really getting in the way of my growth retention...

i know that aug 2nd i will be putting my yarn braids in and leaving them in for the rest of the summer. i am so excited for that!!

Ok here goes:

After I finished the front:
IMAG0019.jpg

Working on the back:
IMAG0022.jpg

All done!
IMAG0027.jpg

I'll probably try to keep them for a month...or as long as they stay looking nice :look: Shoutout to @Nonie !

Your hair looks georgeous!!!!!! I hope when I do mine tomorrow, mines look as good as yours! I will post mine here as well for inspiration for other which is always a plus!

So my twist looked ok yesterday, but this morning when I woke up it was a disaster. Twists were going every which way. I shouldn't have wrapped them. :nono: So I put them back in a ponytail. I'm gonna refresh them tonight.

Rinsing my hair post workout is a bad idea. My hair feels so dry. Maybe I'll try a conditioner wash next time instead of just straight water? Either that or just let the sweat air dry :look:.

My daughter insisted in doing my twists last night. This morning, I woke up and they look short.:angry2: I thought by twisting on dry hair, I would avoid shrinkage but I guess it's inevitable.

Rinsing my hair post workout is a bad idea. My hair feels so dry. Maybe I'll try a conditioner wash next time instead of just straight water? Either that or just let the sweat air dry :look:.

i never washed my hair post workout before, i always just let it airdry, usually my hair doesnt smell too bad and if it did i usually can cover up the smell w products that i use. i can hold off for weeks without washing my hair tho, sweat and all. :look:

Hi ladies! I'm newly natural!!! I hadn't had a relaxer since March 7, 2009. I started transitioning to natural but didn't know how to manage my new growth so I'd texlax. Then I'd start transitioning again, slap in another texlax 5-6 months later. October of last year after my last texlax (I put the relaxer in my hair and washed it out within 5 minutes) I realized I had made a terrible mistake. I knew that it was time that I got serious about transitioning. I threw out all relaxers & neutrilizing shampoos. I started protective styling 100% of the time wearing flexi rod sets and/or bunning. My hair grew so well that about 4 months ago I decided that I wanted to be a heat styled natural and started cutting of my relaxed ends gradually. On Saturday I went in to get my hair flat ironed and trimmed and walked out BC'd! My beautician and another girl in the salon really encouraged me to BC. At first I'm like what am I doing b/c I'm not a fan of fros but now that I have one I'm liking it! I do need a little advice ladies. My hair is extremely thick and dense. My ends on twist outs don't stay in tack and puff out. Any tips???? I'm going to try my first natural twist out using Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie.

BTW: I'm mostly 4b with some 4a sprinkled throughout my head, my nape primarily 4a. Shrinkage is a BEAST. I picked out my fro yesterday and my hair was very soft and cottony although my mom refers to it as a "sponge". I'm 30 yrs old and this is my first time ever being natural since I was about 3 yrs old. My mom said that my natural hair is just like it was whenever I came out the womb and she went find my newborn picture to show me :lachen:.

Last edited:
So my twists have shrunk. They were looking scraggly and straight. I posted pics in post #3414. So I took a shower and they plumped up.

46cab26c.jpg

183b7b62.jpg

pookaloo83
Your twist look great on both Pics.. I tried some over the weekend and they don't look no where as neat as yours they look better in person than on the pic I took..

PlatinumBronze
I used some of Ecostyler gel to hold my ends together.. Some ladies may use something different like something with beeswax in it also.. I used the curl enhancing smoothie and I love it..

@PlatinumBronze
I used some of Ecostyler gel to hold my ends together.. Some ladies may use something different like something with beeswax in it also.. I used the curl enhancing smoothie and I love it..

Thanks! I started to use Ecostyler but changed my mind cause I didn't think it would work. I (2 strand) twist my hair pulling down on it for tension and my ends still puffed up :nono:. I even twirled my ends they have a puff with a curl on the bottom. O well. I am so in love with the curl enhancing smoothie! I prefer it more than MJ Curly Meringue. I pray that my twist out comes out nice. Tomorrow everyone at work will see my new natural do so I want to look extra good.

I did my first set of mini twists today. It took me 4 hours to twist. I am satisfied with the way they look! I plan on keeping them in gift about 3 weeks then untwisting for a twist out. I used qhemet biologics aethiopika butter. My hair feels like butter too!

I did have pics but they were to huge. Once I figure how to decrease the size, I will repost.

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

Last edited:
Checking in...

I'm still around. My loose hair is becoming a pain in the butt so I'm back to wiggin' it. I recently made Shoulder Length (only in the back). FINALLLY!!

And because I haven't shown you ladies any hair pics as of late, I have attached a few of my hair yesterday. Back under my wig I go...

Attachments

• Frohawk side 7-4-11.JPG
    Frohawk side 7-4-11.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Front Hawk 7-4-11.JPG
    Front Hawk 7-4-11.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 49
Girls, ever since I chopped, I can't keep my hands out of my hair! Literally every few minutes, I have my hands rubbing all up in my roots. :lol:

I can't stop! :lol:

Has this happened to anyone else? Keeping my curls intact is pretty much impossible, but I can't help myself. :drunk:

hi ladies!! im curretly wearing my hair in a puff with one big flat twist on both sides and a pompadour. i am trying to see when i should do a henna treatment. i havent done one in over a year so hopefully i can see some improvements to my ends. i still need some hairstyle ideas for an event at the end of the month...off to youtube!

I took my mini twists out. I loved them, but I have fine-dense hair and after a few times wetting them they started to look old. I'm sitting here with a pre-poo in right now. I plan to dc in a few. I don't know what I'm going to do with my hair yet.

I'm going to need to work on my twisting technique..

my twists are super fuzzy... not like when I got them done by the stylist last week...
hope the twistout is nice

I'm thinking about taking my twists out. It's been a week but they look like they have been in for months. I was thinking about locking my hair (still plan to) but I really want more length. I was hoping to have been APL by now but I'm not even close.:wallbash: I'll see how long my hair is going to been at the end of the year, and I'll probably lock then.

Back