~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

Hey girls! :wave:

After lurking up in here for weeks, I finally decided to participate :drunk:

A few years ago, I was diagnosed with hypothyroid and that's when I slowly started losing my hair. I would lose softball size balls of hair every time I washed. :( This kept happening until I had about 15 long strands I was a mess. :nono:

At this point, I stopped caring about my hair. When I say I stopped caring, I mean I REALLY stopped caring. Wore a scarf 24/7. No moisturizing. No washing. No conditioning. No combing or brushing. Nothing. Just change my scarf and go.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, when I finally decided to get back on the horse again. :) Chopped off those raggamuffin ends and washed and dc'd for the first time in forever. It felt goooood. :grin: I used to love playing with my new growth, so having a head full of it makes me so happy. I touch it ALL the time! :lol:

I have no clue how many months post relaxer I was, because (as you know) I wasn't caring about anything having to do with hair. But I know it was well over a year. It doesn't show though, because my hair was extremely neglected during that time. Sigh.

Never been natural before... unless you count my toddler years. :look:

I'm not sure about my texture... I'm thinking 4a with a patch of 4b on my hairline. I'll post a pitcha and maybe ya'll can help me with that. :spinning:

Reggie is kind of out of control, since I'm just getting back in the hair game. I dc overnight a few times a week and that's pretty much it. I'm a deep conditioning fiend. My hair has conditioner and a bag on it for most days of the week, cuz I'm trying to make up for lost time. :wacky:

Current length varies because when I cut, I wasn't giving a damn. :lol: Some spots are 4 inches long, others are two. Kinda regretting my nonchalant cutting now. :lol:

I'm not very creative, so however my hair dries, plus a headband is my style of choice. :lachen:

Last edited:
Gonna try to do some mini twists this weekend too. How do you guys prepare your hair for it? Lightly blow-dry? Stretch with braids or big twists? anything? :drunk:

-PYT Check out this thread, there's some good info. Nonie has a pretty good technique for twisting.

did a wng today. i have a love hate relationship with them. will be bunning tomorrow since i have job related stuff to do. want to do a twist out for saturday

I am, already have my shirt for National Afro Day:-)

62b2af30-1a8c-afdf.jpg

Sent from my iPod Touch using LHCF App

I want this shirt!!!!!

So tomorrow I'm gonna wash my hair and plait my hair so itcan be stretched out for mini twists that I'm gonna try on Saturday.

I'm gonna use her method:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZcYT2kDupU

wow! Those are MINI! Ok mine will be more small than my regular medium twists rather than mini. My hair is too super thick for me to imagine doing some that small right now. I have chunky twists in today as well...looking a little popped at work lol

Guys, I'm so excited!

I was just feeling up in my head (like I usually do :lol: ) and felt some little spiral curls! :yay:

I've been hoping and hoping that my hair would turn curly and it's finally happening! Weeee!!! :spinning:

Now I hope the rest of my hair follows the lead. :giggle:

just oil rinsed and set my hair in some twists. i LOVE giovanni direct leave in. i'm going to have to order the humungo bottle eventually. hoping my twist out is sexay for tomorrow.

Ok just washed my hair now I got it in 2 ponytails. Gonna lightly blow it out doing the tension method. I do not feel like going to bed with a wet head. I'm gonna twist some tonight and finish tomorrow.

So Im about to go out and see if any BSSs are open. I want to try something new. I want elasta qp DC, aphogee 2 step, and some headbands

Sent from my WX445 using WX445

I dunno why I didn't like this twist out... i think because I did smaller twists + very defined wasn't what I was going for. Will remist my hair and try for a braidout for tomorrow.

Ok here goes:

After I finished the front:
IMAG0019.jpg

Working on the back:
IMAG0022.jpg

All done!
IMAG0027.jpg

I'll probably try to keep them for a month...or as long as they stay looking nice :look: Shoutout to @Nonie !

Last edited:
Back