~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

:lachen::lachen::lachen: its true! its part of the reason i chopped early!!

btw, i just checked my UPS tracking info and i got some Kinky Curly Knot Today waiting for me at mah door step!! Woot woot!!!! :lachen: Is there and abreviation for that, im gonna go with KCKT if not when i tell ya'll how I like it lolz

See this is why it's dangerous to lurk in this thread. :lol:

You know you want to join us :angeldevi

Join us! :assimilat
:naughty:Do not entice them, with your mischievous smilies. They shall come when they are ready, of their own volition.

:lol:

I tried (and mega failed) making smaller twists. They are so spacey. I had to throw on a wig bc there's no way I'm leaving my house like this lol. I'll leave them in for another day or 2 then attempt yet another twistout
Here is a pic
They look nice. You might want to do them smaller and make your parts overlap - sort of laying bricks - the parts off one row should be off-center from the parts of the rows above and below it. Hope that makes sense.

I finally undid the twists from that bun :look: They were very moisturized - that's the great thing about twists and braids - they lock in moisture. I dc'd and cowashedand applied giovanni direct and sprayed with my glycerin mix

Last edited:
:naughty:Do not entice them, with your mischievous smilies. They shall come when they are ready, of their own volition.

:lol:

They look nice. You might want to do them smaller and make your parts overlap - sort of laying bricks - the parts off one row should be off-center from the parts of the rows above and below it. Hope that makes sense.

I finally undid the twists from that bun :look: They were very moisturized - that's the great thing about twists and braids - they lock in moisture. I dc'd and cowashedand applied giovanni direct and sprayed with my glycerin mix
000_0095copy-vi.jpg

Sealed with castor oil and decided to do a puff. Cut off more straight ends:yawn:
000_0097-vi.jpg

Are those 2 headbands or are they attached? I love your puff! Can't wait until I get to where you are. I have a twa still. I cut some more straight pieces today too. I spot more and more everytime I wash, but I think I finally got them all.

Hi Everyone,

I am newly natural! Just did BC about 2 weeks ago. Here's pics of my hair:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=469788

Does anyone know how or with what I can style my TWA the night before work and it look good the next morning? I tried spritzing with water/oil to reactivate, but it didn't look as good. And my hair is too short to do braidout or twist out. Thanks!

Hello everyone! :wave:

* When you BCd
I BC'd on 5-19-10 just a few hours ago. Last perm; April 2010

* How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd
I didn't really transition at all. I wanted to start off fresh quick. :ohwell:

* Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) - a detailed description can help in evaluating product and regimen's possible effectiveness
Hmm, I believe I'm 4b. I'm still learning about that.

* Your current regimen
Shampooing- Creme of Nature. DC-once a week ORS replenishing pak, olive oil, and honey. Hot oil treatment 1-3x weekly. Moisturize daily with carefree curl gold.

* Your favorite styles
None at the moment.

* Your current length and goal length
My hair is super short and all I can wear is a twa & I would like to be shoulder length.

* Your photo album, if any
Not finished setting it up yet, I will be posting some photos this week.

* When you BCd

* Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) - a detailed description can help in evaluating product and regimen's possible effectiveness

* Your current regimen
Shampooing- Creme of Nature. DC-once a week ORS replenishing pak, olive oil, and honey. Hot oil treatment 1-3x weekly. Moisturize daily with carefree curl gold.

* Your favorite styles
None at the moment.

My hair is super short and all I can wear is a twa & I would like to be shoulder length.

:welcome4::newbie: Congratulations on your BC!:bouncy:

* When you BCd

* Your current regimen

* Your favorite styles
None at the moment.

Congrats on your Big Chop!! :yay:Are you excited??

so i have to say the pantene curly treatment is a definite keeper. made my hair so soft and bouncy. i love it!! i used the KCKT last night and baggied my head and my hair is very very very soft. so far so good, we'll see what my hair feels like by the end of the day.

I'll finally be able to officially participate in this thread this weekend. I paid a ton of money for these twists but they're coming out after only 4.5 weeks. My roots have started to twist, I guess that's how my hair grows if that makes sense. Plus since my hair is so short you can see pieces coming through the twists, not flattering at all. I bought a cute wig yesterday, lol.. So I can't wait to wear it

I'll be posting pics this weekend

I'll finally be able to officially participate in this thread this weekend. I paid a ton of money for these twists but they're coming out after only 4.5 weeks. My roots have started to twist, I guess that's how my hair grows if that makes sense. Plus since my hair is so short you can see pieces coming through the twists, not flattering at all. I bought a cute wig yesterday, lol.. So I can't wait to wear it

I can't wait to see your pics.:fan:

Awhh .. Thank you ladies! :bighug:
Yes, I am veryy excited!!
It was the BEST thing I could have possible done for myself
because I have neglected my hair for soooo long & it was damaged badly. :nono:
I've always wanted to know what my hair look like without a relaxer :scratchch

Are those 2 headbands or are they attached? I love your puff! Can't wait until I get to where you are. I have a twa still. I cut some more straight pieces today too. I spot more and more everytime I wash, but I think I finally got them all.
Thanks! They're attached - one is slightly smaller than the other.

:welcome: MadisonK and innerbeauty! Congrats on being newly natural!
Hi Everyone,

I am newly natural! Just did BC about 2 weeks ago. Here's pics of my hair:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=469788

Does anyone know how or with what I can style my TWA the night before work and it look good the next morning? I tried spritzing with water/oil to reactivate, but it didn't look as good. And my hair is too short to do braidout or twist out. Thanks!
Your hair look likes it's long enough to do a flat twist-out or cornrow-out. It also looks like it's long enough to do small bantu knots - separate the hair into manageable sections - small enough that you'll be able to wrap them into a knot. Take the section of hair and twirl it taught (I'm trying to think of a metaphor to visualize this action but I'm having a brainfart) and then turn it into a knot. This should set your hair in a distinct pattern. You can simply sleep with a bonnet or pin curl/re-knot it at night. I was able to maintain my last bantu knot out for 3-4 days by just sleeping in a bonnet - it was protected but not smushed. I could've gotten a couple of more days out of it but I arbitrarily decided to sleep with a scarf one night, which smushed my style.

* When you BCd

* Your current regimen

* Your favorite styles
None at the moment.

How are you liking the CFC gold? I'm almost finished with the my bottle of vegetable glycerin and I'm considering getting an off-the-shelf juice.

:woot: Can't wait! How long did you plan on keeping the twists in? If it's any consolation, 4.5 weeks isn't too bad. Just think of your decision to BC as the return on your investment in the twists!:yep:

Last edited:
Thanks! They're attached - one is slightly smaller than the other.

:welcome: MadisonK and innerbeauty! Congrats on being newly natural!
Your hair look likes it's long enough to do a flat twist-out or cornrow-out. It also looks like it's long enough to do small bantu knots - separate the hair into manageable sections - small enough that you'll be able to wrap them into a knot. Take the section of hair and twirl it taught (I'm trying to think of a metaphor to visualize this action but I'm having a brainfart) and then turn it into a knot. This should set your hair in a distinct pattern. You can simply sleep with a bonnet or pin curl/re-knot it at night. I was able to maintain my last bantu knot out for 3-4 days by just sleeping in a bonnet - it was protected but not smushed. I could've gotten a couple of more days out of it but I arbitrarily decided to sleep with a scarf one night, which smushed my style.

How are you liking the CFC gold? I'm almost finished with the my bottle of vegetable glycerin and I'm considering getting an off-the-shelf juice.

:woot: Can't wait! How long did you plan on keeping the twists in? If it's any consolation, 4.5 weeks isn't too bad. Just think of your decision to BC as the return on your investment in the twists!:yep:

Thanks, Adromeda!

I tried to twist/braid my hair and the ends won't stay. I never thought of doing bantu knots. I will definitely try that. I don't know if i have enough hair though...hmmm

I am pretty happy with the results. It's a great moisturizer. I have been using the activator after I shampoo and condition and so far I can't keep my hands out my hair feeling how soft it makes it and guess what? It's not greasy like I thought it would be. I've heard great things about vegetable glycerin I just may try that out :yep:

I didn't do anything to my hair today :spank: now I have a 1 inch TWA (a la Florida Evans). I just looked in the mirror and realize that I look just like my father (20 years ago minus his moustache):ohwell: I'll probably cowash and DC tonight. I really want to try to make a DC that contains wheat germ oil (I have a big bottle but I haven't used it yet). Also, I plan to make a growth aid mix and add wheat germ oil to it.

If you can stretch your hair to APL in the front does that mean it's APL in the back? I'm terrible at pulling my hair behind me, and every time I do it appears to be APL, but it's much easier for me to measure from the front.

Thoughts?

I'm probably just going to wait another month before I bold the APL in my siggy. That way I won't have to question whether or not I truly made it.

i started a fotki to document my natural progress. the info is in my profile, let me know if the link doesnt work cuz i hate fotki but want to document lol. there are only a few pics in there right now, hopefully I will be able to be consistent.

i started a fotki to document my natural progress. the info is in my profile, let me know if the link doesnt work cuz i hate fotki but want to document lol. there are only a few pics in there right now, hopefully I will be able to be consistent.

The link works FB!:yep: I may open my fotki up again or start a new one.

I put twists in my hair yesterday, spritzing with water and adding ecostyler along the way. My hair feels so silky!

If you can stretch your hair to APL in the front does that mean it's APL in the back? I'm terrible at pulling my hair behind me, and every time I do it appears to be APL, but it's much easier for me to measure from the front.

Thoughts?
I guess you'd have to measure according to an objective unit of length (inches) to verify that. Technically your hair is APL in the front but if you're using those "APL/BSL/etc" markers as a measurement of relative progress, I think it's best to choose one place (front or back) and stick with it or go by inches.

I went to the BSS today to buy a DC. While I was there, I noticed a few girls trying on wigs. One of the girls looked at me like :perplexed and told the others "I couldn't go around looking like that". (Hmm...meanwhile she has chewed up ear-length hair and trying on silky straight wigs):nono: Before I could say something, a young lady walks up and asks me if I needed help finding anything. I told her that I was looking for a DC and she complimented me on my hair. While we were discussing my hair, I pulled a section of my nape that stretches almost to my collarbone. The owner (Korean lady), says "You have a lot of hair. Very pretty. Don't change it".

I just don't understand why "we" can't see the beauty of our hair but other races can.:ohwell:

I forgot to mention that I think I'm going to stop buying other cowash condishes and stick to Suave Humectant. Nothing softens my hair like it and it's inexpensive.:yep:

Back