~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

:nono: Are you gonna call her on it?

I haven't spoken to her about it. Unfortunately, I came home to find that my apartment had been broken into.:sad: Nothing of value was taken but now, I'm looking for another apartment. I'm going to ignore my mom's ignorant comment and watch her eat her words after she sees how much progress I will have made by Thanksgiving.:ohwell:

I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck on apartment hunting! I can understand opting to ignore her comment. Don't let yourself be consumed by her ignorance, just keep doing you. :yep:

ugh!! hey ladies. i am so fed up with this whole moisturizing thing. i dont know what to do. do you find it more effective to moisturize on dry or wet hair. i have been trying it on wet after a wash like i used to do because its allows for my hair to lay down and stay down when i put my scarf on at night, so i can just take the scarf off in the morning and go. this is either not working, or i am not doing well finding a product because my hair just feels dry. getting annoyed!!!! lol

I'm having that problem too. I moisturize in the morning w/Giovanni Leave in Direct (LOVE how it makes my curls just POP) and seal but by mid day my hair feels on the dry side. I do have a bottle of Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Daily Mist that I use later in the day, and perhaps misting my hair with that or something similar will have to do while it's this short. I tried but really disliked the way curl activator makes my hair feel, and after making my own glycerin mix my hair felt sticky.

I'm going to try to moisturize my hair dry when I get my Qhemet products. I'll let everyone know how that goes.

I haven't spoken to her about it. Unfortunately, I came home to find that my apartment had been broken into.:sad: Nothing of value was taken but now, I'm looking for another apartment. I'm going to ignore my mom's ignorant comment and watch her eat her words after she sees how much progress I will have made by Thanksgiving.:ohwell:

omg :bighug: good luck with the apt search

Crap! I haven't updated on this thread in... wait, have I ever updated on this thread? :blush:

Well anyway, I am having a blast with my natural hair!

On days I want curl definition, I define using ORS Lock and Twist gel using the shingle and shake method. I think it's called shingling. :scratchch

Anyway, on days I want to wear the fluffy look, just co-wash and the new hair love of my life, Care Free Curl Gold!! I've heard people say that a certain product leaves their hair feeling moisturized for days and been envious because nothing has ever worked like that for me. Well Care Free Curl Gold literally keeps my hair moisturized for DAYS!! I LOVE it!!!

Length retention is on point too!

Now if I can only overcome this new obsessions with conditioner, I'll be okay! :grin:

ugh!! hey ladies. i am so fed up with this whole moisturizing thing. i dont know what to do. do you find it more effective to moisturize on dry or wet hair. i have been trying it on wet after a wash like i used to do because its allows for my hair to lay down and stay down when i put my scarf on at night, so i can just take the scarf off in the morning and go. this is either not working, or i am not doing well finding a product because my hair just feels dry. getting annoyed!!!! lol

How often do you DC?

hey ladies. happy to report, on saturday i ended my 1.5 yr transition and i am 100% natural now. cant wait to start playing! lol

Ok those of you who wear puffs regularly I can't stop raving over banding. It stretched my hair out as much as a twist/braidout but is way faster to set up and take down. All it takes is putting hair elastics on each section at night. In the morning remove the hair elastics and get to making your puff. I'm definitely doing this nightly

i am doing a DC at least once a week. i ususally leave it on for an hour at at time. my hair feels great upon rinsing, but once it dries its like ugh wth happened :sad:

Hmm, what do you dc with? Also what do you moisturize with and do you use an oil to seal?

i must extend a thousand thanks to you cch24!!! :bighug:

i baggy my whole head last night and used my yes to carrots condish as a leave in. my hair was still damp this morning and i am at work and it is drying so nice and soft! i think this method will be a keeper for me for a while. i tried to baggy once while i was relaxed and it messed my hair up something fierce!!!

i washed then baggy. are you rewetting your hair every night? how do you baggy.

thanks again!!!

Hey Flawed! Don't give up! If anything think of this as an opportunity to buy alll those products you've always wanted try! LOL. Anyway, I moisturize in the morning on wet hair, and at night on dry hair. Maybe you could try the baggy method at night? I baggy every night and wake up with soft and well moisturized hair.

Let me know what happens!

i must extend a thousand thanks to you cch24!!! :bighug:

i baggy my whole head last night and used my yes to carrots condish as a leave in. my hair was still damp this morning and i am at work and it is drying so nice and soft! i think this method will be a keeper for me for a while. i tried to baggy once while i was relaxed and it messed my hair up something fierce!!!

i washed then baggy. are you rewetting your hair every night? how do you baggy.

thanks again!!!

Oh Flawed, I'm so happy that worked for you!! I cowash every morning and then bun, so when I take my hair down at night it's a little damp, but not wet by any means. I usually apply shea butter and seal with my castor/olive oil mix, and then baggy. I do baggy every night, and it's been a lifesaver.

I hope it continues to work well for you!!!

Has anyone noticed any property changes in their hair since their BC? I'm almost two months post BC and my hair is now reflecting light, giving it a shine it didn't have immediately after my BC, and it also feels silkier in my hands. These changes have come without changes in my products or techniques, and are most noticeable after rinsing my hair and before I put any product in it.

Is this normal?

i am doing a DC at least once a week. i ususally leave it on for an hour at at time. my hair feels great upon rinsing, but once it dries its like ugh wth happened :sad:

Hmm, what do you dc with? Also what do you moisturize with and do you use an oil to seal?

I'm also wondering if the DC is penetrating your hair and if you're closing the cuticle to keep in the moisture of the DC? Are you rinsing with cold water or a slightly acidic solution to close the cuticle?

I'm so happy to hear that cch's baggying suggestion is working for you!:yep:

i would usually rinse with a little cooler water to try and close up the cute. also i use alma oil to seal.

I'm also wondering if the DC is penetrating your hair and if you're closing the cuticle to keep in the moisture of the DC? Are you rinsing with cold water or a slightly acidic solution to close the cuticle?

I'm so happy to hear that cch's baggying suggestion is working for you!:yep:

I don't know why I purchased other condishes. Suave Humectant seems to be the one that my hair really likes.:yep: I'm still on the hunt for another DC though. So far, every DC that I have leaves my hair hard (reminds me of the way my hair feels after I do protein treatments). I usually have to use Suave as after-DC condish rinse.:ohwell:

I'm love my hair! I'm so happy to be natural. I still don't understand why was I afraid to do this sooner.:lol: I like to wear my 'fro with a head band. I haven't really tried to wear my hair any other way.

i think i may cut shampoo out of my regimen. i wash almost daily (like i did when relaxed) and was using poo and condish, but i don't think my natural hair likes poo too much. the last two days since cch24 suggestion to baggy i've just been using condish. i did the baggy thing again last night, cowashed used suave humectant as my leave in and baggy. again my hair is super soft. i think this baggy thing ang no poo is gonna be great for my hair. thanks again to cch24!! :)

^^ I had to cut down on shampooing. My hair loves cowashing. Now I only shampoo when I feel build up which is not that often

i think i may cut shampoo out of my regimen. i wash almost daily (like i did when relaxed) and was using poo and condish, but i don't think my natural hair likes poo too much. the last two days since cch24 suggestion to baggy i've just been using condish. i did the baggy thing again last night, cowashed used suave humectant as my leave in and baggy. again my hair is super soft. i think this baggy thing ang no poo is gonna be great for my hair. thanks again to cch24!! :)

FlawedBeauty- this is such an elementary question- but how do you baggy? Do you moisturize and seal then place a plastic cap on your head before you go to bed?

I don't know why I purchased other condishes. Suave Humectant seems to be the one that my hair really likes.:yep: I'm still on the hunt for another DC though. So far, every DC that I have leaves my hair hard (reminds me of the way my hair feels after I do protein treatments). I usually have to use Suave as after-DC condish rinse.:ohwell:

I'm love my hair! I'm so happy to be natural. I still don't understand why was I afraid to do this sooner.:lol: I like to wear my 'fro with a head band. I haven't really tried to wear my hair any other way.

Platinum- have you tried a DC with protein? I know, sounds like a weird question since every DC left your hair feeling like you just used a hard protein, but I tried Ouidad's 12 Minute Deep Treatment (got a sample from Sephora because the product is pricey) but it left my hair sooo soft (I have 4a/b hair). Now my hair is in a TWA so I really don't need it since I co-wash and have a cheaper DC that does a good job too (Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque) but wow, that Ouidad was such a treat. Made my little TWA feel like butter. :drunk:

After I cowash I put conditioner all through my soaking wet hair. then i pin it up. Since its short i split it down the middle and twist each side up and secure with these:

Metallic-Hair-Clip.jpg

I use the ones coated with rubber though, because those little circles at the tip will catch on to your hair. I will use bobby pins if i cant find me clips. Then I take saran wrap and wrap it around my head. I put a silk scarf over that and go to bed. I use saran wrap because it keeps my hair nice and flat to my head. Plastic bags make too much noise and im too lazy to go buy shower caps, plus they are not tight enough for me.

I don't seal until I wake up in the morning to keep some of the moisture in as my hair air dries through the day. When I wake up my hair is nice and damp and moist.

FlawedBeauty- this is such an elementary question- but how do you baggy? Do you moisturize and seal then place a plastic cap on your head before you go to bed?

I tried (and mega failed) making smaller twists. They are so spacey. I had to throw on a wig bc there's no way I'm leaving my house like this lol. I'll leave them in for another day or 2 then attempt yet another twistout
*poof*

Last edited:
lol aww i think they are cute. maybe u can pin the sides back or something, so they dont look so spacey??? i really cant tell about the spacing btw.

I tried (and mega failed) making smaller twists. They are so spacey. I had to throw on a wig bc there's no way I'm leaving my house like this lol. I'll leave them in for another day or 2 then attempt yet another twistout
Here is a pic

Platinum- have you tried a DC with protein? I know, sounds like a weird question since every DC left your hair feeling like you just used a hard protein, but I tried Ouidad's 12 Minute Deep Treatment (got a sample from Sephora because the product is pricey) but it left my hair sooo soft (I have 4a/b hair). Now my hair is in a TWA so I really don't need it since I co-wash and have a cheaper DC that does a good job too (Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque) but wow, that Ouidad was such a treat. Made my little TWA feel like butter. :drunk:

I have a couple of cholesterol condishes that I haven't used since I chopped. I might try one of those today.

Here is a pic
IMG_0400.jpg

I like it. I agree with Flawed Beauty. Maybe you can pin it up.

Back