~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

Agree 100% pook, I was about to say the same thing. When I stretch my wash n gos for a few days I always get more shed hair when I decide to redo it, but I put my hair on my shower wall :look: so I can compare the cumulative hair and it the same pretty much.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who does this
:yep:

Just realized that I'm 14 months post relaxer! I'm also lovin my hair. This past weekend I put my hair in minitwist. It took me 3.5 hours but I LOVE it! Hope to be able to keep them in for atleast two more weeks and also try some updoes with them as well.

DSCN1282-vi.jpg

DSCN1283-vi.jpg

This is how full I want mione to look! :cry:

Beautiful updates!!!

I keep trying to type out my regimen but it seems like it would only make sense to me :look:, but the gist is washing in sections & detangling in shower with Jilbere comb, then applying Mane N Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner as my leave-in and seal with grapeseed oil. This leaves my hair soft and tangle free (for the most part) while I’m styling. Afterwards I will aim to put my hair in medium/chunky twists and rock those along with twistouts.

On another note, I see SSKs all over though :sad: I know I need a trim! I never thought my hair would curl into itself so much when I went natural :cry:

StephElise and Miryoku Ya'll are killing me softly with those styles. HAWTNESS!!!

FYI I am accepting any offers from anyone who can twist my hair like these ladies and make it look as beautiful. #forserious

Beautiful updates!!!

I keep trying to type out my regimen but it seems like it would only make sense to me :look:, but the gist is washing in sections & detangling in shower with Jilbere comb, then applying Mane N Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner as my leave-in and seal with grapeseed oil. This leaves my hair soft and tangle free (for the most part) while I’m styling. Afterwards I will aim to put my hair in medium/chunky twists and rock those along with twistouts.

On another note, I see SSKs all over though :sad: I know I need a trim! I never thought my hair would curl into itself so much when I went natural :cry:

I am noticing more also but I am kind of stubborn with this cutting mess. I don't see any split ends so I can't bring myself to cut ANYTHING. I feel your pain sista!

This probably sounds corny but I'm proud of how everyone is coming along on their natural journeys. :cry4: Beautiful - all of you - just beautiful!

Now for something a bit less cheery -
I want these mf-ing ssks off my mf-ing head!
1878173_o.gif

It's my fault bc I put off cornrowing my hair until I was sure that my protein/moisture balance was correct. Even though I've been wearing it in buns, it's been shrinking due to the humidity. And I wasn't re-stretching it at night, so, ummm, yeah....

I think I need a trim too. Maybe I'll do a blowout this weekend. I usually just snip off the ends of my twists if they're not looking right but that's not exactly precise.

Good Morning all!

Soo happy that today is not the end of the world :lachen:because....

I am 2 years POST RELAXER!!!!!!

:dance7::band::bouncy::bdance::bdance::bdance::cheers::cheers::circle::lots::rocker::rocker::rocker::reddancer::reddancer::reddancer:

It has been a blast! This year I will be trimming every four months and using a demi permanent color three times per year. As always, I will be focusing on healthy hair practices.

Thanks everyone!

I was outside with my SO last night and I had just taken my hair out of my puff and I started making these little twists at my nape and thought hey i should do my whole head! they are def mini twists. did half my head last night and just finished up this morning. I will try to keep them in a few weeks I can probably wear them under my wig.

So I washed my hair tonight and banded it to get it kiknd of stretched out. Then I put braids in and perm rodded the ends. So in the morning, I'll see how this braid and curl turns out. :look:

When you BCd
April 2011.

How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd

14 months post.

Have you been natural before? When?

Why of course! Ages 0 to 11.

Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) - a detailed description can help in evaluating product and regimen's possible effectiveness
I consider myself mostly 4a. My hair is tightly coiled and springy. I believe it has normal density but I guess on the thicker side? 75% shrinkage I guess. My hair is pretty soft to the touch. When I was younger I just called myself someone with soft afro. Now that I've discovered conditioner my hair texture is actually surprising to my own mother lol. All I needed was more moisture...

Your current regimen
Wash once a week with Shea Moisture
Deep Condition once a week with Aussie moist mixed with random Herbal Essence conditioners
Cowash every other day with Aussie moist or V05 (Strawberry Milks, Free me Fresia or Clarifying Conditioner)

Your favorite styles
Wash and Go with Kimmaytube inspired leave-in (Giovanni Direct Leave-In, Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil and Aloe Vera juice mixture) & ViaNaturals Moisturizing Gel

Your current length and goal length
Neck to Shoulder Length I guess?
Front strand touches top lip, Back Strands touches collarbone, Side Strand touches collarbone

Your photo album, if any
Fotki Album (not much natural pics in here yet)

Wet natural hair with no product at 15.5 months post relaxer.
WetNoProduct-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Just moved to HI. Went to the local Target to see if I could find kinky curly or shea moisture or something for my hair. I shipped all my hair products like a dummy.

Couldn't find any of these products.

I ended up trying out the Tressemme Naturals Line and it wasn't bad.

I have a long hair day planned today. I washed with Aveda rosemary mint and did an Aphogee 2 step. Under the dryer now and will do a moisture DC with Hairveda sitrinillah.

Afterwards I plan on doing mini twists for the 1st time. If I actually go through with all this I'll post photos later :yep:

Last edited:
4b's,

Is the Shea Moisture line even worth it. I've been reviewing YT videos and I'm still unsure.

Help!

The curl enhancing smoothie and deep treatment mask are awesome as leave ins. Great for moisture. My hair stayed damp for 2-3 days and when it finally dried it was still soft and moisturized. The hold and shine moisture mist is a nice refreshing spray.

The curl enhancing smoothie and deep treatment mask are awesome as leave ins. Great for moisture. My hair stayed damp for 2-3 days and when it finally dried it was still soft and moisturized. The hold and shine moisture mist is a nice refreshing spray.

Thanks girl! These were the two I was looking into purchasing!!! :grin:

Just moved to HI. Went to the local Target to see if I could find kinky curly or shea moisture or something for my hair. I shipped all my hair products like a dummy.

Couldn't find any of these products.

I ended up trying out the Tressemme Naturals Line and it wasn't bad.

Glad to see you made it Hawaii and congratulations on your new blessing soon to come. Ahhh you will have a baby born at the pink hospital :grin:

When you BCd March '11
How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd 15 months
Have you been natural before? When? I was about 11 last time I was natural
Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) - a detailed description can help in evaluating product and regimen's possible effectiveness I'm not sure about the diameter but my hair is quite dense and the curl diameter is about the size of pencil. My hair touches my shoulders when straight. the front touches the bottom of may ears and the back touches the middle of my neck when shrunk
Your current regimen I don't have a strict regimen. What I do depends on the time I have and what my hair needs. However, products currently in heavy rotation:
Aveda Brilliance shampoo
Yes to Carrots Shampoo and Conditioner
Giovanni Direct Leave In
Skala hair treatment
Queen Helene Carrot DC
HB Castor Oil and Carrot Treatment
Olive Oil + Honey
QB AOHC and BRBC

I am in the process of using up products so this list changes/ It also can change when I straighten my hair
Your favorite styles Bantu Knot outs, Puffs, Buns, Braid outs
Your current length and goal lengthCurrently I am touch the Shoulders length when straight, My goal is BSB (I think anything longer would be too much)
Your photo album, if any... my hair has no product on it

Attachments

• GEDC0184_crop.jpg
    GEDC0184_crop.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 36
  • GEDC0180_croped.jpg
    GEDC0180_croped.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 35
  • GEDC0192.jpg
    GEDC0192.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 34
  • GEDC0186.jpg
    GEDC0186.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Took me a lil over 3 and a half hours and they're not even that mini :lol:
I guess not everyone can have twists as awesome as hairsothick I took pictures as promised, I'm not very good at twisting my roots so they don't really look right :ohwell:
I'm still gonna wear them for a whole week.

IMG-20110522-00039.jpg
IMG-20110522-00034.jpg

IMG-20110522-00035.jpg
IMG-20110522-00036.jpg

IMG-20110522-00040.jpg
IMG-20110522-00042.jpg

Last edited:
Took me a lil over 3 and a half hours and they're not even that mini :lol:
I guess not everyone can have twists as awesome as hairsothick I took pictures as promised, I'm not very good at twisting my roots so they don't really look right :ohwell:
I'm still gonna wear them for a whole week.

IMG-20110522-00039.jpg
IMG-20110522-00034.jpg

IMG-20110522-00035.jpg
IMG-20110522-00036.jpg

IMG-20110522-00040.jpg
IMG-20110522-00042.jpg

They look nice Zaz ! I love the way your highlights make them look.

Glad to see you made it Hawaii and congratulations on your new blessing soon to come. Ahhh you will have a baby born at the pink hospital :grin:

Thanks Fab! Yep, we'll have a "Hawaiian" little one in November. I was upset that the local Targets and such don't carry Kinky Curly or Miss Jessie's. Go figure.......

Zaz your twist are cute.

[*]When you BCd-May 23, 2011

[*]How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd
3 days shy of 18 months post

[*]Have you been natural before?-Yup! 0-17 years old

[*]Your hair type-Type 4a, medium sized strands, low-medium density, shrinkage isn't too much, hair grows out

[*]Your current regimen- All I know for now is that I will be cowashing after my daily workout

[*]Your favorite styles- Will have to figure this out!

[*]Your current length and goal length- Currently SL, goal length is hip length stretched

hairsothick
Thanks, I just noticed from your fotki that you wet yours, I'm hoping they'll swell a bit and look less anorexic after I rinse them. Do you only rinse once and leave them alone or cowash regularly?

Back