~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

@hairsothick
Thanks, I just noticed from your fotki that you wet yours, I'm hoping they'll swell a bit and look less anorexic after I rinse them. Do you only rinse once and leave them alone or cowash regularly?

If I'm wearing them for 3 or 4 weeks, I will co-wash one week, do a simple rinse the next, co-wash again, then do another simple rinse.

I will also rinse them in the shower if they are bent from a style I did and I want to wear them down again.

After washing or rinsing, I smooth some leave-in on them, seal, and scrunch with Garnier Fructis cream gel.

Hi Ladies! I haven't been posting in here much but I do lurk and I'm loving the pics and progress that everyone has made:)..I've fallen behind on taking pics and keeping my fotki updated but all is well with my hair. I wanted to see my progress (as in length) since my hair was getting bigger so I flat ironed part of the back(this was my first time doing so since 23 weeks post. I'll do my entire head next month for my 2 year post relaxer anniversary.

Im about 1.5 inches from APL. So I'm happy:drunk:

Here's the pic *sorry for the blur and glare*... Next month the pics will be better.
photo-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I wet my twists and they shrank up a bit and look thicker. I feel like these look better loose now than they did before wetting. I like them :yep:

IMG-20110523-00047.jpg
IMG-20110523-00046.jpg

IMG-20110523-00044.jpg

I took my twists down...IDK why. I need to wash and detangle and figure out what to do to my hair. I'm tired of my wigs, and my hair...sigh.

Hello ladies! I'm sorry this update took so long and is so lackluster. It took me two days to straighten my hair for vacation. I made mbl! I was having too much fun to take hair pics though. When I finally got home I washed my hair to make sure I didn't have damage. I did take a picture of my puff today but I can't figure out how to load it on my phone.

I BC'd last night this will be my third time going natural so I don't know if that makes me newly natural or not. But I feel brand new to it all over again! I'm so excited to be natural again! I went back to the creamy crack last August due to a bout of frustration with detangling but I promised myself this time I will just be patient and take my time and detangle. I only transitioned for 2 months, but they were the longest two months of my life! I had planned to transition longer, but I couldn't make it. I only have an inch of hair all the way around but I couldn't be happier. I just want to thank all of the ladies here, you are all so very supportive and nice and very informative and I know you will make my journey an even better experience. Here are the pics!

Attachments

• My BC II.jpg
    My BC II.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 49
  • My BC.jpg
    My BC.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I BC'd last night this will be my third time going natural so I don't know if that makes me newly natural or not. But I feel brand new to it all over again! I'm so excited to be natural again! I went back to the creamy crack last August due to a bout of frustration with detangling but I promised myself this time I will just be patient and take my time and detangle. I only transitioned for 2 months, but they were the longest two months of my life! I had planned to transition longer, but I couldn't make it. I only have an inch of hair all the way around but I couldn't be happier. I just want to thank all of the ladies here, you are all so very supportive and nice and very informative and I know you will make my journey an even better experience. Here are the pics!

Congrats on becoming natural again!!!

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

I did mini twists. I will leave them in until the HYH Challenge ends. Then I'll do a roller set and take an official length check. Enjoy.

SDC10158.jpg

SDC10159.jpg

SDC10160.jpg

Skiggle I love them!!! I wish I could do mini twists that looked that great. I don't have the patience to even try.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I wonder if I can find Evony locally...I want a half wig so I can wear my hair out of my face...I just bought a coarse yaki straight lace front so that I can switch up my style more...

Been rockin' a soul sista puff all week. this will have to continue til the weekend. I plan on doing some smaller twists since it's a long weekend :)

Skiggle I'm inspired by your mini-twists. Hmmm... maybe I'll do some very soon.

mrsjohnson75 - gorgeous hair!

Loving the updates and pics!

Hi Ladies... I finally took some hair pics and will post them soon. I'm just easy with my hair, cowash and DC once a week. Moisturise as always everyday... boring.com ;)

Miss you all loads :bighug:

I'll be posting in this by the end of the summer. In the meantime, I'll be reading each and every post!

What does everyone have planned for their summer regimen??

I don't plan on straightening my hair again this year so I'm going to work on wash and go's as a fun summer "out" style. Otherwise I'll be cowashing daily with V05 or Tresemme Naturals, detangling in the shower, appying DevaCurl One Condition as a leave-in and bunning all day. At night I'll take my bun down, apply my oil mix, and baggy. On Friday's I'll use my Avalon Organics protein treatment, and then deep condition and thoroughly detangle with Deva Heaven in Hair. I'm excited to see how much growth I get!

What does everyone have planned for their summer regimen??

I don't plan on straightening my hair again this year so I'm going to work on wash and go's as a fun summer "out" style. Otherwise I'll be cowashing daily with V05 or Tresemme Naturals, detangling in the shower, appying DevaCurl One Condition as a leave-in and bunning all day. At night I'll take my bun down, apply my oil mix, and baggy. On Friday's I'll use my Avalon Organics protein treatment, and then deep condition and thoroughly detangle with Deva Heaven in Hair. I'm excited to see how much growth I get!

I keep forgettin that everyone else in America is still on Spring...we don't have spring in Florida....we go from Winter to Summer :lol:

I am rocking mainly wash n go's bc they keep me cool...and I do twists and twistouts every now and then...and braidouts.

I'm pretty annoyed with myself right now. I wrote this whole post then closed it like a ding bat. Anyway, here are some napturalversary pics. I'm too annoyed with myself to retype all the things I wrote initially...

Attachments

• 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 60
Braidout from last week. (I think I like braidouts better than twistouts now that I have more length):

You can see some color from the henna.

I decided to henna again this week. This is first time I've hennaed 2x in one month, usually I do 1x a month. Hair after henna:

#blowoutfail. I don't remember the last time I blow-dried. My technique was wrong and I took forever. I realized towards the end that my hair should be super-detangled and I should use this comb (instead of my hands)
SBS-345868
to hold my hair for the tension method. Results:

I was rushing toward the end to go somewhere and by the time I got home, my hair wasn't straight enough to trim (probably wasn't in the first place), so I still haven't trimmed. :look:

I've been wearing my hair up in a bun but since my temples are so sensitive and can't tolerate the least bit of tension, I decided to do a flat twist updo this morning. (I actually started doing mini twists last night but by row #2 I remembered that I pledged to stay away from them since they're high manipulation.)

Last edited:
Back