~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

Here's my second day twist out puff

ae95a25e-1fdb-8820.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

@NikkiQ how do you get your puffs so big??? Is it in a loose ponytail? I love it!

Thanks! I used a knee high stocking to form the puff. I just didn't slide it all the way back or make it super tight like the last time. I couldn't. Gave me a freakin headache. :lol: I told my SO "bae! my puff is getting bigger!!" and he just looks and says "look at all that hair baby".

i like doing my hair in 4 flat twists rather than two. i'm able to moisturize all of my hair better. I think I might go to cowashing twice a week.

^^Yeah just a little. This morning I used my spray bottle with water to help the curls pop a bit and to help slick it down around the edges and added a little Eco Styler around the hairline.

Lately I've been pineappling at night and while I don't think it helps much with 2nd day hair it does keep my hair from tangling. Keeping all my hair pulled back keeps it from getting flattened and tossed around all night so now I can go days without detangling and still have an under 10 minute detangling session when I get around to it :grin:

I wore my hair in a slick donut bun for the past 3 weeks. I shampooed and DC last night and I lost lots of hair. Maybe aloe vera gel shouldn't be used so frequently...?!?! I will use a sulfate shampoo this weekend since I'm not ready to use a clarifying poo on my natural hair. My weekly shampoo is Giovanni 50:50. Any comments?

My hair using Taliah Waajid curl cream

It really gave me a firm hold on my twist out. I like it. It feels a dry compared to Shea moisture curl smoothie but I like it! This is my first time using it also.

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1305565561251.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1305565561251.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 60
I'm seriously thinking about get locs. I'm going to see how long my natural hair will be by the end of the year then I'll decide whether to lock it up or stay as a loose natural. I'm thinking about trying loc extensions first before I fully commit.

Follow up to my earlier post:

Instead of cowashing today, I shampooed with a sulfate shampoo, DC with AO GPB, used GDLI mixed with EVOO and detangled with a comb. I put in twists after detangling each section. I had plenty of hair in the comb and some matting. :blush: I believe it was due to me not detangling with a comb more often so I'm going to assume the hair lost was shed hair. I will now start detangling with a comb and putting my hair in twists more often.

Day 2 of using Miss Jessie's Quick Curls on my hair. LOVES IT!!!!!!! I believe this is one of the few products from their line that still works on my hair. My curls are CLUMPED!!!

straightening my hair today! the plan is to shampoo, cassia, deep condition, detangle, blow dry, and flat iron. i'll post pictures later! it's going to be a loooong day.

What is the best method to wash natural hair? In the shower or sink? And at what length?

Sent from my PG06100 using PG06100

@growingbrown I wash in the shower because 1) I have a big head 2) I believe my hair gets less tangled and has less frizz when I rinse my hair going straight back in the shower.

I wash in the Shower in sections. I do it all in sections; rinse, shampoo, and condition, and I twist each section when I'm done with it.

@Trini_Chutney I recently started washing in sections and it makes a world of difference. Now I feel like my scalp is finally getting clean, before I don't know that the poo actually touched my scalp. :look: My method is the same as yours.

Last edited:
growingbrown I was in the shower because 1) I have a big head 2) I believe my hair gets less tangled and has less frizz when I rinse my hair going straight back in the shower.

Trini_Chutney I recently started washing in sections and it makes a world of difference. Now I feel like my scalp is finally getting clean, before I don't know that the poo actually touched my scalp. :look: My method is the same as yours.

I feel you girl :lol:
It does help a lot doing it in sections. Before I felt like my hair was getting tangled up again right after I finished de-tangling.

I wore my hair in a slick donut bun for the past 3 weeks. I shampooed and DC last night and I lost lots of hair. Maybe aloe vera gel shouldn't be used so frequently...?!?! I will use a sulfate shampoo this weekend since I'm not ready to use a clarifying poo on my natural hair. My weekly shampoo is Giovanni 50:50. Any comments?

SherylsTresses it was probably just shed hair. You had the bun in for almost a month. It's normal. :yep:

SherylsTresses it was probably just shed hair. You had the bun in for almost a month. It's normal. :yep:

Agree 100% pook, I was about to say the same thing. When I stretch my wash n gos for a few days I always get more shed hair when I decide to redo it, but I put my hair on my shower wall :look: so I can compare the cumulative hair and it the same pretty much.

Last edited:
I have worn my hair out two days in a row! Will probably continue through the week, wearing a two day old braid out, think i'm going to put it in twists for a twist out though for tomorrow.

Got my hair in twists right now. I washed my hair on Monday I believe. Now it's already kinda itchy. I planned on not washing until the end of next week. We shall see. Trying to PS, but I miss my hair being out. But I'm trying to do a personal challenge. PS one week and out the other. Just trying to alternate so I don't get bored.

Hello ladies. Love all the updates. So I've been doing something a lil different with my hair to try to keep ssk's at bay. So basically I've decided to set my hair in jumbo twists on each wash/cw day due to my hair being longer (as oppsed to just putting it in 4 pony puffs)and I make sure to comb the ends of my twists with my denman to keep them from curling up on themselves. I still use the same products to set my twists (curl activator/ecostyler) and I'm tellin ya, I :love: the results. This will be the way I set my hair for now on.

First day of my chunky twistout

Third day hair of chunky twistout. It was soooo soft and defined.

HHG~~

Just realized that I'm 14 months post relaxer! I'm also lovin my hair. This past weekend I put my hair in minitwist. It took me 3.5 hours but I LOVE it! Hope to be able to keep them in for atleast two more weeks and also try some updoes with them as well.

DSCN1282-vi.jpg

DSCN1283-vi.jpg

Back