~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

So I have these twists in my hair and one by one they're slipping out. The good news is if I twirl my hair around my finger they look exactly like the twists. The bad news is MY hair is short, the twists aren't.. Oh and I paid a pretty penny for these bad boys

even though it gives me MAXIMUM shrinkage, i love HE LTR Leave-in. its amazing. it smells great and it moisturizes and gives me so much slip. i really want to try the conditioner now. this is on HE product that i really love. ♥

So I have these twists in my hair and one by one they're slipping out. The good news is if I twirl my hair around my finger they look exactly like the twists. The bad news is MY hair is short, the twists aren't.. Oh and I paid a pretty penny for these bad boys

Girl how old are they? Go back and have them put those puppies back in!

even though it gives me MAXIMUM shrinkage, i love HE LTR Leave-in. its amazing. it smells great and it moisturizes and gives me so much slip. i really want to try the conditioner now. this is on HE product that i really love. ♥

That's one of my all time faves! :yep: I love the way it smells. The condish is good too. (and in a pinch you can use it lightly watered down as a leave in)

What brand of activator are you using?

I use quite a few actually. Long aide, Smoothe and Shine, Blue Magic, S-curl. Doesn't really matter. They are all glycerin based and pretty much do the same thing. My favs for now are the first two though.

My twists were slipping out like crazy too, but it was mostly on the nape where the hair is finer. When they start to slip, they then started twisting. Got to a point where I had to take them out cause it was twisting too tight on my roots. But yeah those suckers are not cheap. I attempted to put mine back in but I had a hard time getting it really close to the root so I ended up leaving them out.:ohwell:

Aaaaand here I am to join you guys as some of you may know lol http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=467552

I'm too impatient for long term transitioning. Has anyone had any luck finding a product that gives good curl definition without leaving the hair feeling crunchy? I tried using just conditioner but that has my hair feeling a bit crunchy, good definition tho.

I use a very moisturizing condish (Bedhead Moisture Maniac, Victoria's Secret So Sexy Nourish, Herbal Essence None of Your Frizziness) with some SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie & my Denman brush to brush it through in big clumps. I let it dry in the ringlets and finger coil later once dry. I also use Eco-Styler from time to time.

My tip would be leave a good amount of condish in and brush through in ringlets with the Denman. Add a curl butter or gel on top and curls pop! At least it works for me. Cheaper than KCCC and no flakes!

Update time!!!

Okay ladies, I am now 3 months post chop!!!

Here are pics of my freshly deep conditioned and moisturized hair which is super thick and about 2 1/4 inches long now!

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2500.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

As you can see, shrinkage is killer!

I wanted to try something different for moisture because my hair has been really dry lately. I cowashed this morning, used my Worlds of Curls activator and Ecostyler Olive Oil gel and all I can say is WOW!:thud: So far so good. If this holds up, this will be a staple. I also noticed an added bonus. I was under the impression that my 4b curls wouldn't "pop". Boy was I wrong! I love it! I'll try to post some pics soon.

Thank you, StephElise!:kiss:

Hows the crunch factor? Are the curls more crunchy or soft with the eco?

I wanted to try something different for moisture because my hair has been really dry lately. I cowashed this morning, used my Worlds of Curls activator and Ecostyler Olive Oil gel and all I can say is WOW!:thud: So far so good. If this holds up, this will be a staple. I also noticed an added bonus. I was under the impression that my 4b curls wouldn't "pop". Boy was I wrong! I love it! I'll try to post some pics soon.

I will be trying this the next time I wash n go! :yep:

Believe it or not, there's no crunch. My curls are soft and "springy". It kind of reminds me of my jheri-curl days (soft and moisturized but not greasy :yep:)

I'm so glad this worked for you! I'm tellin ya'll, I have had really good soft moisturized hair days using these two prodcuts. Normally when others were having issues with dry hair after their BC, I didn't because my hair was nourished and defined. Curl activators are like my best friend!!:lick:

Hair is currently in a braided updo--did a little 'wash and go' this morning after a MAJOR FAIL attempt at doing a twistout on the updo......wet the hair, added some olive oil, and left the bldg. My little curlies are there! I'm so happy.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo in love :love: with Victoria's Secret So Sexy Nourish Condish!!!!!!!! So thick, softening and makes my curls POP like no other! I do a variation of the Curly Girl method with this condish and my hair has never been more defined! Love it!

On sale 3 for $24 right now @ VS! Plus, you get a cute umbrella with a $60 purchase! Love it! And the scent...DIVINE! :drool:

I've been getting compliments like crazy!

When you BCd...Feb 2010 while watching the Oscars

How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd...5 months post (My last relaxer was Sept. 9 2010)

Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics...I believe that I am a 4a/b. My hair is thick in its natural state however it is easily straightened and becomes considerably less thick in its straightened state. My individual strands are thin no shine or sheen. My curls range from pencil size to pen spring. My hair grows out.

Your current regimen... My regimen is simple because I am in a sew in. I wash my hair every two weeks and deep condition my hair as well. I also spray my braided hair with Hawaiian silky for moisture.

Your favorite styles...Right now I'm in a sew in, but I hope that I will be able to wear wash and goes when I acquire more length

Your current length and goal length...My hair is 4 inches long right now , My goal is to be (full) BSL

Last edited:
Hey Ladies,

Have any of you tried Tea rinsing? I just tried it on Saturday and I am in LOVE (yes bolded and all caps). I wanted to try something that would give be similar benefits to henna (stronger and thicker hair) but without loosening the curl. I heard about tea rinsing, researched it, and decided to try it. There are several different herbs/teas that may be used. (rosemary, horesetail, peppermint, green tea, etc) I used nettle tea during my deep conditioning routine.

I first did a protein treatment, and rinsed out with conditioner. Afterwards, I used a spray bottle filled with the nettle tea (it was cooled down of course), sprayed it all over my head, put a shower cap on an left it in for a hour. I rinsed the tea out and immediately my hair felt so SOFFFFT. I then deep conditioned overnight with a mixture of Lutrasilk Shea/Mango cholesterol, castor oil, aloe vera juice and honey. My final step was to doing an ACV rinse in the morning.

I've noticed that my hair feels stronger, and there is less shedding during cowashing as well. The best benefit was how soft my hair feels. I just can't get over it! Never has my hair felt as soft as it is now. This is definitely a staple for me. I've also put a bit of it in my moisture spray mix that I used on second and 3rd day wash and go's.

I would definitely recommend this! However before trying tea rinses, do your research and see if it is for you and which type of tea would benefit your hair the best. I just thought I would share since I had great results!

^^^I tried tea rinsing last summer after reading a thread on it. I like it but I didn't keep up with it. Glad it's working for you!

Update time!!!

Okay ladies, I am now 3 months post chop!!!

Here are pics of my freshly deep conditioned and moisturized hair which is super thick and about 2 1/4 inches long now!

IMG_2503.jpg

IMG_2500.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

As you can see, shrinkage is killer!
:lovedrool: Your hair is so lush and pretty, evallusion! You're making great progress! :yep:

I've been so busy and my hair has been in the same bun since Sunday. At night I spritz it with water and baggy, and my hair still feels moisturized. I'm on my way home from school tonight, so tomorrow I will stock up on my supplies and have my wash day on Friday as usual.

Hi all how's it going
So I think I'm putting in tree braids for graduation. I've never been a weave person and regular braids would take too long to take out. I probably won't get them for another couple of weeks. I'll post pics when I get them done

Even thought it's been 2 weeks since I BC'd, I still can't believe I did it!:lol: I love my hair! For the first time in my life, I believe I have truly found a style that suits me! I love rocking my afro and my wash and go puff. No more headaches about what to do with my hair and I don't have to spend a fortune on maintenance! I miss my Senegalese Twists sometimes but I can look in the mirror and say that Natural hair is ME, MY STYLE. Sometimes I wonder, what was I so afraid of? I wish I could have made the effort to become natural years ago! I don't think I'll ever go back to relaxers again!

I'm glad you're doing well Platinum! I'm almost 2 months post BC and every time I look in the mirror I'm surprised that I cut my hair too!

Hi everyone! Just got my BC and would love to join the thread.

When you BCd- Tuesday, May 11th.

How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd- 3 months.

Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) -
4a/4b? It's really, really short so I really can't answer the other questions except it looks like some of my hair on my crown are more coils than s-shaped. I have a lot of frizz though, especially on the sides.

Your current regimen- Ok, it's only been a few days so it's changed everyday. But what remains consisitent is I've been co-washing with a conditioner (my leftovers include Trader Joe's Tea Tree, Keracare for Itchy scalp, and Joico Hydrate), or shampooing with CON.

I just started DC with Shea Moisture Raw Shea Masque and then add a leave in like Giovanni Direct Leave In or Shea Moisture Coconut Milk and following up with almond oil.

Your favorite styles- Just one, TWA.

Your current length and goal length- A half an inch? And I have no goal in mind except having healthy hair.

Your photo album, if any- http://www.longhaircareforum.com/album.php?albumid=5692

Last edited:
Back