"The Good Men" ... Where are they at?

I have friends who went to all these events, one even went with her sister. Black professionals, Black Lawyers society, Black Business society. All the black networking, they went to singles events at church. Busy mingle, eventually with all the mingling, they still didn't meet partners and she added up frustrated. She screamed "God, I need a husband, why can't I find one, anyway, she and her sister found her husbands, both non-black, while they were out and about. One in the high street and another in a restaurant. Another friend, her sister and mother prayed for a husband for their younger sister, after three months, she found her husband in Glades shopping centre!
So there you go!

Exactly. I feel you have to want to step outside of your comfort zone a bit and be willing to date and possibly accept someone may not be of your own background. I know for myself my desire for companionship and possibly a family is a lot stronger than my desire to just sit back and wait endlessly for someone of my own race that may not ever present themselves.

This sounds more promising than Boston. I'm in Canada as well and well.... Ottawa sucks!

I love Boston and it feels like home. I think I might try to venture to your area.

Does anyone have any recommendation for Boston? as to where to meet good men?

I grew up in Boston. Boston is a tough area for dating. I just had such a hard time connecting with anyone up there that wanted more than just a "good time"

This sounds more promising than Boston. I'm in Canada as well and well.... Ottawa sucks!

I love Boston and it feels like home. I think I might try to venture to your area.

Does anyone have any recommendation for Boston? as to where to meet good men?

Not at all. I am here and it is hard. I meet a lot of good dudes on paper. The ones with the careers, portfolios, education etc... but that is all they have. It seems like they have never had to develop personalities, and they expect that showing up is enough. Sighhh....

I just noticed something!!!!!!!!!!! The last few days I have been paying close attention to what i might be doing that is stopping me of finding, meeting mr. right, mr.wonderful or mr.right now.

I noticed today that when I walk I dont necessarily look up or down....I look ahead a few meters ahead of me....I look at the pavement. So my head seems to look straight ahead when its not the case. So I might have passed Mr. right. I noticed this morning, that quite a few men tried to catch my eye...even leaning in as if they are leaning to look into a room. But when i do notice these men try to look into my eyes....I look away because I'm too shy and somewhat chicken to look into their eyes!!!!

See I can be around people and talk. But I'm shy around men...I just noticed that.!!! I was not like that before ( as in high school junior high and university.)

Next week, I will slowly try to work my courage and not look a way when a man tries to look into my eyes.

Lots of men open the door for me and I say thank you but never look into their eyes.:nono: I just noticed that TODAY!!!!!!

im the EXACT same way! only thing is i was always like this, except 10x's worse. i used to be scared of men. i'm not really any longer, but i am scared to look them in the eye, or maintain eye contact. i'm trying to change but its too hard.

and also when im w. another gf they always point out guys that r scoping me out. but its something i never notice for myself, and would never have seen had they not told me.

im the EXACT same way! only thing is i was always like this, except 10x's worse. i used to be scared of men. i'm not really any longer, but i am scared to look them in the eye, or maintain eye contact. i'm trying to change but its too hard.

and also when im w. another gf they always point out guys that r scoping me out. but its something i never notice for myself, and would never have seen had they not told me.

I'm slightly not scared as well...I really need to work on that.

Back