The BUY NOTHING for June 2008 Challenge

PassionFruit

The BUY NOTHING for June 2008 Challenge

This runs from Monday 9am... June 2, 2008 til noon Friday June 27, 2008

The May Challenge ends on Friday May 30 so that gives us fiending PJs an entire weekend to get prepared

It also gives those who werent in the last challenge (or those who gave up too soon) an opportunity to get prepared.

Make your lists & check them twice, thrice even...

I will update the thread with more details a lil later... but add your name to the thread if ya wanna take part

Last edited:
i'm in. this week alone i bought two liters of kenra mc, sabino MB, a half tub of miss jessie's baby buttercreme in the exchange forum, shea butter, chi iron guard (but returned it), 2 john frieda color glazes, emergencee, and giovanni direct leave-in.

let's not even start on the week before that :lachen:

so i have all my stuff already...all i need is a satin pillowcase cause this scarf thing ain't workin.

:confused: I'VE THOUGHT LONG AND HARD ABOUT THIS:nervous2:...

I'M IN :cantlook:.

I really need this sort of challenge coz' my PJ'ism is outta control. (I can't help but think that I honestly need everything that I buy though :ohwell:).

I have some serious shopping to do before next month!

I came in this thread to say

"hell naw not on ya life"

but then I see there is a window of opportunity.......I still have to think about it though...... I need need need to get my CHI and I know I won't get it during that time.

I'm definitely in again!!! This challenge has been possibly one of the MOST useful for me - and with the 'free' period, I don't feel TOOO deprived. :lol:

I NEED THIS!!! I paid my membership in January, and I've spent more money on products for my hair in these past few months than I have in the past 5 years. I need to slow down!

I totally agree with the last poster, this site is going to make me broke for sure. I'm definately in, and thanks for telling me ahead of time so I can have a little time to get any last minute items that I 'have' to have. :perplexed

im in 100% this time.

all i need to get this weekend is:
3 tubes of redken all soft heavy cream
1 tub of keracare humecto
1 kenra mc

and i think i'll be good.

i'm in! over the last two days i've spent about $70 on honeyquat, SAA, spirulina from PP, 2 oz mega-tek starter, MN *and* marula oil!

i need to quit.... ::nono::

I'm in. My pjism is getting under control and I think the May challenge is what nipped it. I have to get some Mega Tek for my mamma and some hair accessories for myself. I don't even want to get the stuff that is on my pj list. I have soooooooooooo much stuff it can wait. Most of that stuff isn't going anywhere anytime soon anyway.

I'm in. My pjism is getting under control and I think the May challenge is what nipped it. I have to get some Mega Tek for my mamma and some hair accessories for myself. I don't even want to get the stuff that is on my pj list. I have soooooooooooo much stuff it can wait. Most of that stuff isn't going anywhere anytime soon anyway.

I really respect the bolded, especially the last sentence. I'm going to think of this when I try to justify myself.:yep:

Wait so we can't even replenish our staples after we've run out?????

that seems kinda weird though..i only have one moisturizing deep conditioner that i use and once i run out, can i buy it again?

Wait so we can't even replenish our staples after we've run out?????

that seems kinda weird though..i only have one moisturizing deep conditioner that i use and once i run out, can i buy it again?

if you were like MOST PJs, you'd have a lot more than a month''s supply on hand at any time

one of the ideas is to BUY NOTHING... and to get rid of your product graveyard.. and to curb spending.. and to not waste anything....

so if ya run out of a staple or favorite product, you likely have something else in your closet that ya should use up ( hopefully vowing to never buy it again) to get ya thru til the end of the month when you are allowed to buy your staple/favorite again

if you were like MOST PJs, you'd have a lot more than a month''s supply on hand at any time

one of the ideas is to BUY NOTHING... and to get rid of your product graveyard.. and to curb spending.. and to not waste anything....

so if ya run out of a staple or favorite product, you likely have something else in your closet that ya should use up ( hopefully vowing to never buy it again) to get ya thru til the end of the month when you are allowed to buy your staple/favorite again

hmmm well now that i'm thinking i'm sure i can use the multitude of moisturizing conditioners for my deep condition lol
i think i will join this one..it sounds like a good idea:yep: count me in!

I'm in! I recently changed to using more organic and natural products and since my PJism days I have cut right down to the bare minimum, so I should be able to accomplish this!

Good luck ladies.

[/i]
I really respect the bolded, especially the last sentence. I'm going to think of this when I try to justify myself.:yep:

To be very honest (getting a bit deep for a second) I think that I buy products looking for the next great miracle. My hair is healthy, thick and growing - I need to just leave it alone. I have 50-11 things and I don't think I will ever use them all. I've spent thousands ok (maybe not thousands but def. close to a thousand) on my hair since deciding to go natural. Now that I think about it if include the times that I got my hair braided during the transition then yeah its well over a thousand. My hair is what it is...it's frizzy and poofy. I don't think that will change. I have random pieces that dont behave and I have a bunch of textures. I am trying to focus on health than what it looks like. I have three different mousses at home - I don't like mousse so why did I keep buying them. What am I going to do with the ones I have now? It's just madness at times.

I also know that I buy just because I can. I need to save that money for real. I'm a shopper and an impulse one at that. If I give it a few days then the impulse dies down. If I still want it then it's a good deal to get it. I have stuff under the bed, in the bathroom, under my dresser, and two small bins filled with my daily stuff. I just gave a bunch of stuff away to my mom and sister. I know what works and what doesn't I need to stop experimenting with new things. I'm tryin to stop all of that with these challenges.

I also know that I buy just because I can. I need to save that money for real. I'm a shopper and an impulse one at that. If I give it a few days then the impulse dies down. If I still want it then it's a good deal to get it. I have stuff under the bed, in the bathroom, under my dresser, and two small bins filled with my daily stuff. I just gave a bunch of stuff away to my mom and sister. I know what works and what doesn't I need to stop experimenting with new things. I'm tryin to stop all of that with these challenges.[/quote]

@ the above...so totally true.

I am already on a "use up what I have" challenge. I was my hair 2x a week so that is 8 wash/DC sessions in June so I should actually have finished all the stuff that I hate and don't want anymore just in time for July 4th splurge.
Count me in!!

To be very honest (getting a bit deep for a second) I think that I buy products looking for the next great miracle. My hair is healthy, thick and growing - I need to just leave it alone. I have 50-11 things and I don't think I will ever use them all. I've spent thousands ok (maybe not thousands but def. close to a thousand) on my hair since deciding to go natural. Now that I think about it if include the times that I got my hair braided during the transition then yeah its well over a thousand. My hair is what it is...it's frizzy and poofy. I don't think that will change. I have random pieces that dont behave and I have a bunch of textures. I am trying to focus on health than what it looks like. I have three different mousses at home - I don't like mousse so why did I keep buying them. What am I going to do with the ones I have now? It's just madness at times.

I also know that I buy just because I can. I need to save that money for real. I'm a shopper and an impulse one at that. If I give it a few days then the impulse dies down. If I still want it then it's a good deal to get it. I have stuff under the bed, in the bathroom, under my dresser, and two small bins filled with my daily stuff. I just gave a bunch of stuff away to my mom and sister. I know what works and what doesn't I need to stop experimenting with new things. I'm tryin to stop all of that with these challenges.
i feel the same way you do. i just buy because i can. but heres the real problem. everything i buy works for me so i try to make it seem like "ok, because it works then its not a waste of money." but i use almost everything from keracare, i use and love paul mitchell the wash, redken all soft complete line, and mizani. i also have dominican conditioners and leave ins that i love. nothing that i have is bs:look:. so am i wasting or not? i have no idea.

Back