The Best Baggy Challenge EVER!!!

This is day 4...I think (I've lost count). I think tonight I'm going to do a full head baggy with coconut oil, castor oil, and V05 Split Ends conditioner. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this!:grin:

Baggied last night with Alter Ego Garlic - whole head. Think I've devised a plan to do ponytail baggying during the day. I'll try it tomorrow.

baggied last night with ntm silk and sealed with jbco.. my dh is using up all my coconut oil and MT, please dont ask.. he has a spot on his hairline that was thinning, and he saw me doing all these new things to my hair, and boy oh boy once i explained i caught him using my products!! btw - his thinning hairline has filled in, he's hooked on the MT.. I am really shocked too be honest, but its hysterical.. I told him he will be paying for the next round..

baggied last night with ntm silk and sealed with jbco.. my dh is using up all my coconut oil and MT, please dont ask.. he has a spot on his hairline that was thinning, and he saw me doing all these new things to my hair, and boy oh boy once i explained i caught him using my products!! btw - his thinning hairline has filled in, he's hooked on the MT.. I am really shocked too be honest, but its hysterical.. I told him he will be paying for the next round..

That is hilarious!!! You've really started something now!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I haven't checked in in a week or so but I've been baggying everynight except for 2 nights ago w/ NTM leave in and shea butter +/- coconut oil.

I, too, haven't checked in, but I've been baggying whole head daily/nightly 6-7 days a week consistently, using BWC leave in conditioner and sealing the ends with castor oil.

I know I'm super duper late, but I'm in!

How many times a week will you be baggying?
What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using?
Coconut oil, castor oil, V05 Strawberries & Cream, or nothing! Depends on how I feel that night.
Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying?
Whole Head.

Okay, so I decided to baggy with Taliah Waajid Herbal Condition, castor oil and jojoba oil. Tomorrow I go to the salon for a trim!

Whole head baggied last night -- I think I still have the problem of using too much product on my hair. My hair felt really dry, so I put in a lot of product, then when I woke up, my hair was damp and mushy. I'm going to try it with less product for a few days. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try reducing the number of days I baggy each week.

I'm also wondering if I've got moisture overload...but, I started using Megatek this week (every other day), so shouldn't that be enough protien? Or, should I get some Aphogee leave-in as well (or I could use my Infusium 23...doesn't that have protien?)?

Whole head baggied last night -- I think I still have the problem of using too much product on my hair. My hair felt really dry, so I put in a lot of product, then when I woke up, my hair was damp and mushy. I'm going to try it with less product for a few days. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try reducing the number of days I baggy each week.
I'm also wondering if I've got moisture overload...but, I started using Megatek this week (every other day), so shouldn't that be enough protien? Or, should I get some Aphogee leave-in as well (or I could use my Infusium 23...doesn't that have protien?)?
It all depends on your hair. If your hair likes more protein, incorporating the Aphogee leave in would be a good move. How does your hair usually respond to protein? Does it make your hair soft and silky or hard and stiff?

Do you use MT on the length of your hair or just the scalp?

How'd your trim turn out? :)

Get this! She said my ends weren't bad, so she didn't trim much. Now here is the killer, before I joined this challenge my ends were brittle. But I've been baggying since Sunday. I am SOOOOO loving this challenge!!!

When I get home I'll take some pix and upload them.

It all depends on your hair. If your hair likes more protein, incorporating the Aphogee leave in would be a good move. How does your hair usually respond to protein? Does it make your hair soft and silky or hard and stiff?

Do you use MT on the length of your hair or just the scalp?

I don't know if I can speak on "usually" yet since I just really started paying attention recently, but I think my hair likes protein at least a little. The reason is because a few years ago, my hair had grown to almost APL. Thinking back, I had gotten braids for about 6 or 8 weeks, then I went to the salon every single week for about 2 years where they used Salerm 21 (not sure if this has protein), and I would bring my own Infusium 23 for them to also use (which I understand has protein). My hair grew and seemed pretty healthy.

When I moved to ATL, I had a hard time finding a good stylist, and a few times, had ones that were scissor-happy -- completely cutting my hair to right above my shoulders (claiming they were trying to even it out......:smirk:..yeah right). Anyway, so since I used to use the Infusium every week, and things were really good, I think I can tolerate at least that much protien. I still have some Infusium, but haven't been using it since I started my HHJ (because I've bought tons of new products I've been wanting to try). Oh, I also think my hair likes protein because a few months ago I was having lots of shedding and breakage and I went to a salon and they gave me a protien conditioner steam treatment. My hair was strong and did not shed or break for the next two weeks. I could tell that made a difference. I think the texture was soft and silky because my new stylist commented on how good the texture was.

I'm just using the MT on my scalp.

Get this! She said my ends weren't bad, so she didn't trim much. Now here is the killer, before I joined this challenge my ends were brittle. But I've been baggying since Sunday. I am SOOOOO loving this challenge!!!
When I get home I'll take some pix and upload them.
That's WONDERFUL, wow!!!!! :band:

I can't wait to see the pics, I'll bet your hair (and ends :grin: ) look great!!!

I don't know if I can speak on "usually" yet since I just really started paying attention recently, but I think my hair likes protein at least a little. The reason is because a few years ago, my hair had grown to almost APL. Thinking back, I had gotten braids for about 6 or 8 weeks, then I went to the salon every single week for about 2 years where they used Salerm 21 (not sure if this has protein), and I would bring my own Infusium 23 for them to also use (which I understand has protein). My hair grew and seemed pretty healthy.

When I moved to ATL, I had a hard time finding a good stylist, and a few times, had ones that were scissor-happy -- completely cutting my hair to right above my shoulders (claiming they were trying to even it out......:smirk:..yeah right). Anyway, so since I used to use the Infusium every week, and things were really good, I think I can tolerate at least that much protien. I still have some Infusium, but haven't been using it since I started my HHJ (because I've bought tons of new products I've been wanting to try). Oh, I also think my hair likes protein because a few months ago I was having lots of shedding and breakage and I went to a salon and they gave me a protien conditioner steam treatment. My hair was strong and did not shed or break for the next two weeks. I could tell that made a difference. I think the texture was soft and silky because my new stylist commented on how good the texture was.

I'm just using the MT on my scalp.
It definitely sounds like your hair likes protein! :D Try baggying with a creamy moisturizer topped with Aphogee Green Tea and see how your hair likes it. Or you can try baggying with the Infusium since it's already in your arsenal, I'll bet your hair will love it! Remember a little goes a long way :)

It definitely sounds like your hair likes protein! :D Try baggying with a creamy moisturizer topped with Aphogee Green Tea and see how your hair likes it. Or you can try baggying with the Infusium since it's already in your arsenal, I'll bet your hair will love it! Remember a little goes a long way :)

Do you mean use the Infusium by it self..or a moisture cream and Infusium together?

Back