TGIF August 14, 15,16.....and what are YOU Doing with/to YOUR Hair????

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Ladies: Another "Exciting" Weekend Is Here.....

TGIF What are you doing with/to your Hair?

Me: I plan to just Co-Wash, with a Protein Conditioner use a Reconstructor, probably Giovanni Nutra-Fix, DC with AO HSR & Steam and just Airdry.

I am starting my 13th week of a 16 Week Stretch (Labor Day Weekend). So, I will keep strengthing and moisturizing, taking care of the NG............Leading up to Labor Day Weekend.

AND YOU?????????????:look:

TGIF. I will be shampooing, A rinse with Colorshowers(Negro), Deep Conditioning and Rollersetting tomorrow.

I tried henna last night and cowashed with KeraCare and dc'd with Alter Ego. Not sure how I feel about the henna yet, but I'll be uping my moisture this weekend bc I heard the henna can be drying at times. I'll post my results on Sunday!

• Wash with a moisturizing poo and poo bar
  • ACV rinse
  • give my new denman a shot at detangling :wallbash:
  • protein treatment w/ ORS mayo
  • DC w/ the bootleg steaming method (turbies and the dryer)
  • PC
  • braid up and air dry
  • flat iron tomorrow and trim..
It's a lot but hey..gotta take care of the curlies!

Next shampoo (protein):

1. Prepoo with ORS Hair Mayo and an egg for about 30 mins
  2. Rinse very well
  3. Rinse with Moisture Milks
  4. Apply my deep conditioning mixture and sit under dryer for 45 mins
  5. Rinse conditioner in shower with running water, detangle each section
  6. Apply a moisturizing leave-in and silken seal
  7. Rollerset and saran wrap for 15-20 mins w/ biosilk silk therapy
  8. Moisturize as needed with Humectin and NTM silk touch seal w/ EVOO
  9. Pincurl and baggy as needed

I'm graduating this Sunday and I must look F-L-Y walking across that stage to receive my bachelors degree....

:rosebud: :gorgeous: :bling: :cool: :worship2: :spoiler: :sunshine:

Next shampoo (protein):

2. Rinse very well
I'm graduating this Sunday and I must look F-L-Y walking across that stage to receive my bachelors degree....

do you find that the ORS works better as a pre poo on dry hair vs on wet hair as a deep treatment?

&& congrats!

Hmmm, I guess I'll be doing my hair late tonight, after I go see District 9. I'll oil with CoCasta oil for a while. Then, some CPR for at least an hour, wash, then some good ole moisture.
If I can find JF Luminous Glaze in the dark red or espresso, I'll use that, too.

Braidout today... and also tomorrow.
Sunday I'll wash, DC and put my hair in box braids (no extensions) which I'll leave in for 2 weeks.

do you find that the ORS works better as a pre poo on dry hair vs on wet hair as a deep treatment?

&& congrats!

Hi CurlyBeauty!

I've never tried ORS on wet hair as a deep treatment but I'd love to know results of those who have done so. I just followed Macherieamour and Kami's regimen and use it on dry hair.

Thanks soooo much for the congrats....!!!! :grin:

I can't WAIT for tomorrow just so I can wash my hair!!

I plan to:

Wash with the Roux Porosity Control Shampoo that's been collecting dust

DC with Silk Elements Megasilk Cholesterol

Best of all, I can't wait to slap that Lacio Lacio on there and a teeny bit of KeraCare wrap lotion and flat iron!!!

The body, bounce and shine was the best ever using that Lacio Lacio. :lick: Lacio Lacio, where have you been all my life??

Today after my bf's brother leaves I will:

Hot oil treatment on dry hair with Castor Oil
Co Wash with Nature's Gate Conditioner
Deep Condition with Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol
Tea rinse
Detangle thoroughly
Twist my hair for a twistout... using nature's gate and coconut oil
Oil scalp with coconut oil/castor oil mix
Air Dry

I was supposed to do all this yesterday, but I don't want to do all this in front of company :lol:

My bf says to just do it, but I'll wait :)

Clarifying with ORS Aloe Shampoo
DC'ing with ORS Mayo and Alma Powder
Co washing with a moisturizing condish

Re-doing my fuzzy kinky twists

I going to do a hot oil treatment with olive oil on dry hair
Wash with whatever moisturizing poo I have
Deep condition with my Loreal deep conditioner (I really like this one)
Rollerset with Pantene silkener, Paul Mitchell the conditioner and Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum

Hi CurlyBeauty!

I've never tried ORS on wet hair as a deep treatment but I'd love to know results of those who have done so. I just followed Macherieamour and Kami's regimen and use it on dry hair.

Thanks soooo much for the congrats....!!!! :grin:
I have done both, and I can't say that i remember any drastic differences..for my new and improved regimen, i do the same pre poo deal on dry hair but this time, i might just add that egg to it! but regardless, i spray a little bit of my CHI keratin mist on the strands as well...

:perplexed Not sure. I'm going to be reassessing things and experimenting. I'm experiencing breakage, and I've been working so hard on my hair for the past two months. So, I need to figure out the cause (baggying, overnight dc'ing every other day, bunning daily with ouchless band, one of the moisturizers or oils, too much moisture or too much protein). I don't know. I honestly don't want to do anything else to my hair except moisturize, seal and pin up using a good day hair pin. But then, I'd be missing something. :wallbash:

I'm going to six flags tomorrow so I dont wanna wear my half wig. I'm scared it will fall off the ride:lol:

I either need to relax my hair tonight OR try to blow out/flat iron the edges and wear an updo.

I bought this pet sprayer to help me rinse out the relaxer better but I dont think I can attach it to my faucet. Big waste of money:perplexed

I wanted some type of shampoo hose to rinse out the perm better. I had a setback from not rinsing it properly in the shower.

Oh and I need to put a rinse my hair but I'm hesistant to apply a rinse and relaxer the same day. I mean I can but it would be too many steps: relax, rinse out, 5 min protein step, neutralize, color rinse, deep condition, rollerset, sit under dryer.

I'm SO lazy ya'll. I dont feel like doing my hair.

I'm going to six flags tomorrow so I dont wanna wear my half wig. I'm scared it will fall off the ride:lol:

I either need to relax my hair tonight OR try to blow out/flat iron the edges and wear an updo.

I bought this pet sprayer to help me rinse out the relaxer better but I dont think I can attach it to my faucet. Big waste of money:perplexed

I wanted some type of shampoo hose to rinse out the perm better. I had a setback from not rinsing it properly in the shower.

Oh and I need to put a rinse my hair but I'm hesistant to apply a rinse and relaxer the same day. I mean I can but it would be too many steps: relax, rinse out, 5 min protein step, neutralize, color rinse, deep condition, rollerset, sit under dryer.

I'm SO lazy ya'll. I dont feel like doing my hair.

Girl, get a hat! :lachen: or a scarf! Do your hair when you get back.

Yesterday I deep conditioned overnight with GVP Biolage and a mixture of conditioners I'm trying to get rid of (mixed with amla, kalpi tone, and brahmi powder). Today I washed with a conditioner mix with aritha powder, rinsed with kalpi tone tea, and airdried.
After airdrying, I conditioned with Herbal Essences LTR.

I applied my Henna/Indigo treatment yesterday and applied my Joico Intense Hydrator overnight.

I will steam in my newly purchased raw shea butter so that I can then ....

Put my hair in a bun (sigh) :look:

I applied my Henna/Indigo treatment yesterday and applied my Joico Intense Hydrator overnight.

I will steam in my newly purchased raw shea butter so that I can then ....

Put my hair in a bun (sigh) :look:

:lick: Sounds yummy! AND :lachen:at putting your hair in a bun 'cause that's what I'm usually do and plan on doing too! :lachen: I've been wearing my hair out more than ever the last several weeks, but now I have to get back to reality. :yep:

I'm going to steam after my treatment too and I have some of the Joice Intense Hydrator too that I was eyeing possibly as a pre-henna treatment but decided to use up the Kenra I had.

This is my regi for tomorrow:

1. take out this oily weave:lachen:
  2. DC on dry hair for 30 mins with Alma Oil, Shakti Oil, Coconut Oil, and my new QP INTENSE FORTIFYING CONDITIONER [http://www.elastaqp.com/womenconditioners.htm]
  3. Co-Wash with my VO5 Moisture Milks
  4. DC for 1 hour with a conditioning cap with Emergencia (Dominican condish), EVOO and honey (which i love to heat in the microwave for 30 sec):lick:
  5. Spray my aloe vera juice and glycerin mix and air dry
  6. Apply pure coconut oil to hair and cornrow with extensions because my new growth is killing me (OT: I'm 8 weeks post and i can't control my new growth...i have 7 more weeks till i relax and i'm itchy for that creamy crack!)
  7. Oil scalp with my MN, Castor Oil, Peppermint oil mix
  8. Tie hair down and take a nap because its gonna take me at least 5 hours to complete this whole regi!

DCing and detangling then debating about if I want to do double strands twists or just put it back in a bun untill my joico PC gets here..I'll prolly just do the bun because I have a ton of other crap to do this weekend

Next shampoo (protein):

2. Rinse very well

Congrats on you degree!

I would like to do a henna/coconut milk&lime treatment, and DC with a condish mix then braid it up...I would like to. But my steamer is scheduled to be delivered Monday...can you steam in braids?

Back