Tell me you wouldn't have got arrested to!

Yes, that stylist knew what she was doing; and she was jealous of your friend. She purposely tried to break off her hair. She put the relaxer, and put her under the dryer so that the perm could penetrate and break off her hair. That is so wrong! :wallbash:

Yes, I would have whooped her butt too. I dont' blame you. And yes, it's worth getting arrested for!!

What happened to your friend's hair? Did you report the stylist?

That was some neglegent ishh right there!! I don't know what I would have done, I would have been more concerned with my friends hair, making sure she didnt loose it all, then handle ol' girl and the shop later. That's crazy, too many evil minded people. Do your damn job with some pride and respect. That's some wicked mess.

That was some neglegent ishh right there!! I don't know what I would have done, I would have been more concerned with my friends hair, making sure she didnt loose it all, then handle ol' girl and the shop later. That's crazy, too many evil minded people. Do your damn job with some pride and respect. That's some wicked mess.

hi there,

who is the person in the left picture? her hair is pretty.

I'm a really nice til you mess with me and I slapped a lady in Walmart for touching my hair after I told her NO!!! So imagine how this ***** would have been carted off to the hospital in an ambulance and she'd still be in a coma. And I would gladly went to jail for it.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I'm sorry for the original lady Char in the story(if this is actually true) but these responses are too funny!:lachen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: If I ever do go to a stylist Im going to be the same way watching and questioning everything lol, most likely the stylist will be thinking "she is a pain... I cant wait to get this b up out my chair."

This is me too. I had pretty good stylists for years but since becoming a DIY'er, I am sooo paranoid now. I probably wouldn't be able to sit still long enough to even get my hair done and the stylist would just say, "Please get out.":lachen:

OMG! WTF! I feel so bad for this girl.. my chest hurts just imamgining it...THIS IS A BIG FEAR OF MINE! and the reason I do my own hair.. Everysince the time a friend of mine was growing his hair out and his mother put Nair in it so that he would cut it I have been on alert!... This makes me nervous. I don't even allow my friends to joke about perms and my hair in the same sentence!

I don't believe violence solves anything but damn it, It would have made me feel better. To not only make a mistake like that but threaten to do it again :nono:

Nair in hair on purpose? By his own mother? That is disgusting.

Damn, at first I thought this was a story of a trim gone wrong when I was directed to this thread from its spin-off thread and my initial reaction was "it's just hair...i wouldn't go to jail for that." However, after reading this, I would've either done the same thing or I would've started howling, cursing the day the stylist was born, and threatening the woman. That's crazy. How can she 'mistake' conditioner for relaxer?! I hope her license is revoked. She was being malicious.

What's the spin-off thread?

I also think b/c he's a man, he's probably not as understanding. My boyfriend has very little understanding of what a relaxer does. He just knows it makes it straight, but I'm not sure if he knows that it's permanent and/or my natural texture is not this texture. Mind you, he's Black. Also, men, even Black men, don't realize how much Black women obsess over our hair, so perhaps that's why the Dad wasn't as sympathetic. I wasn't allowed to perm my hair till I was 12 and I know if I returned from the beauty shop with a perm instead of a press before the age of 12, the stylist would've gotten a strong 'talking' to by my mom, whereas my dad would've just shrugged and kept it moving, lol.

I can agree with this. Most men really have no clue about hair or most "women things" in general.

My friend, a 30 year old man, said to me not long ago "Doesn't perm just WASH OUT?":perplexed

Seriously, they just don't know any better.

I can agree with this. Most men really have no clue about hair or most "women things" in general.

My friend, a 30 year old man, said to me not long ago "Doesn't perm just WASH OUT?":perplexed

Seriously, they just don't know any better.

What's the spin-off thread?

Nair in hair on purpose? By his own mother? That is disgusting.

This is me too. I had pretty good stylists for years but since becoming a DIY'er, I am sooo paranoid now. I probably wouldn't be able to sit still long enough to even get my hair done and the stylist would just say, "Please get out.":lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I'm sorry for the original lady Char in the story(if this is actually true) but these responses are too funny!:lachen:

OK!! A personal A$$ whopper!:lachen:

My feelings exactly. I am steamed just reading this.

I love Taral and really wish her career would get more attention. She is sooo underrated.

You seriously need to learn how to multiquote. :lachen:

I would have been so pissed if this happened to me, but like a few others said relaxers have a distinctive smell that I definitely would have recognized for one and for two, I have never seen anyone put in a relaxer like they put in a conditioner...I never had anyone take twenty minutes to put in a conditioner so that would have been another thing that would have made me thought something wasnt right.

I would have been so pissed if this happened to me, but like a few others said relaxers have a distinctive smell that I definitely would have recognized for one and for two, I have never seen anyone put in a relaxer like they put in a conditioner...I never had anyone take twenty minutes to put in a conditioner so that would have been another thing that would have made me thought something wasnt right.

She would have probably would have put in the relaxer as if she was putting in a conditioner (but probably with a brush) and she probably wouldn't take twenty minutes to put it in; she'd just slather it on since her main goal was to ruin the girl's hair.

Back