Straighten hair the natural way!

Babycurls if your landlord did this to force you to move out, it sounds like it amounts to an illegal eviction for which you can sue for damages in small claims court -- some states award punitive damages for this type of thing.

Babycurls said:
Unfortunately, I was unable to do the henna treatment yesterday because our landlord illegally cut our power off Monday, and were freezing our bodies off and left me and my family in the dark for 2 days.

Well, here's the result: I decided to do the milk straightener first. I applied it to my hair this morning and left it on all day. I just now rinsed and shampooed my hair. Right now I'm under the cap with my mayo/oil/conditioner treatment for the next few minutes, because I have it on about 30 minutes ago.

As soon as I rinse this goo out of my hair, I'll be back with the end result. Wish me luck, Janice.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
BTW, if whole milk does wonders, wouldn't half&amp;half or heavy cream be better?

[/ QUOTE ]

BlkMane that is a good question. With my experimentin' self, I think I'll place this on my "to do" list also.

SeaMist said:
BTW, if whole milk does wonders, wouldn't half&amp;half or heavy cream be better?

[/ QUOTE ]

BlkMane that is a good question. With my experimentin' self, I think I'll place this on my "to do" list also.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd like to know the answer to that also...
smile.gif

CynamonKis said:
Is there something special chemically about the lime juice/coconut milk combo that makes it work as a straightener?

[/ QUOTE ]I haven't use it chemically except pressing.

This thread is too funny! I was having such good results with unrefined coconut oil that I actually tried coconut milk and here you ladies are on here talking about it!
laugh.gif
Well I tried it after I shampooed and poured it on in the shower. It made my hair hard and I panicked and shampooed it out! LOL

Maybe I should have let it stay on and sat under a dryer. I will try it again on dry hair and wrap it up as alot of you have done. My question is what does the lime juice do exactly??? I understand the coconut milk straightening but what's the lime juice's role? Is there a synergistic effect when used together?

Now after work I'm going to the grocery store! LOL

Sweetcocoa and Laela,
Half&amp;Half?? you guys are funny
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
I will make sure to post my results with the half &amp; half. Half &amp; half, and salad dressing, I'm glad I'm talking to a community of understanding people here. Anyone else is liable to think I'm
spinning.gif
if you know what I mean
laugh.gif

What does the lime juice do exactly???

[/ QUOTE ] It prevents or resolves oily hair.

Lilydrake said:
What does the lime juice do exactly???

[/ QUOTE ] It prevents or resolves oily hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well that would explain the dryness my hair got. The next time I do it I'm gonna skip the lime juice.... It made my curls looser but I can't stand for my hair to feel dry...

Sweetcocoa,

Do you think it was the amount of lime juice that you used. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you state that you used three limes in your mixture and all this after two hennalucent treatments. You think that may have something to do with your dryness??

I want to try with condensed goats milk and 1/2 of one lime. I'll post my results later as I just did a henna treatment last night.

nita4 said:
Sweetcocoa,

Do you think it was the amount of lime juice that you used. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you state that you used three limes in your mixture and all this after two hennalucent treatments. You think that may have something to do with your dryness??

I want to try with condensed goats milk and 1/2 of one lime. I'll post my results later as I just did a henna treatment last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually yes...that is exactly what I was thinking too. Once I get the moisture level in my hair back...I may try it again with just 1/2 a lime...I think this was one time where 'more' was not better...at least for me.

Here is a web site that supports natural products for hair. http://www3.estart.com/india/women/herbhair.html
Also: http://powder.ayurvedahair.net/
http://www.indiaessence.com/herpowsham.html
http://www.himalayahealthcare.com/herbfinder/h_sapindus.htm
Translated into state of the art technology:
http://powder.ayurvedahair.net/and you might like this information on the Lotus Roothttp://www.hurun-food.com/doce/3_7.htm
This may shed some light on the Spanish methods of natural hair care: http://www.cosmeticusa.com/spgarden.htm
You may want to add these sites to your Natural Hair Care Rationale File
laugh.gif
I will also check out some from other countries that do this so that you will know THAT WE ARE NOT ALONE
laugh.gif
drunk.gif
drunk.gif
drunk.gif
Oh yes, go easy on the lime. they function here as an acid and yes it does have a synergistic effect with the proteins and fatty acids, lactic acids and other constituents in the coconut cream and in the milk. Yes, if you want to make a buttermilk, adding lime will serve the purpose. (for your hair). You may not want to drink it....Another product that I am very fond of that is natural and is loaded with minerals, is the Sheep Sorrel, which I buy in liquid extract form. http://www.totalhealthdynamics.com/detoxify.htm. (scroll down the page)...I add it to my homemade wildgrowth oils.
smile.gif
bONJOUR.

Mahalialee4 said:
laugh.gif
drunk.gif
drunk.gif
drunk.gif
Oh yes, go easy on the lime. they function here as an acid and yes it does have a synergistic effect with the proteins and fatty acids, lactic acids and other constituents in the coconut cream and in the milk.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I'll remember that. I hate to ask a dumb question but what exactly is 'synergestic effect'?
Also, thanks for the websites.

cutting right to the chase, I would explain it as a combination or combining of enery for maximum effect..like a group thing to get the job done. EG. Biotin, MSM, B Vitamins and Vitamin C are a synergistic combination for promoting hair growth rather than just using one of them. These are a combination of proteins, sugars, acids fats minerals that work together. Foods are little bundles of chemical energy once the chemicals that they are made of are released into the body. As they break down....you have your proteins acids etc. Just think CHEMISTRY. Hope this helps. Our general diet, should be a combination of all the food groups to enable us to have a healthy diet. That is the best I can do without a dictionary.
smile.gif

Sweetcocoa when I tried this I did 1 cup canned coconut milk &amp; 1/4 cup lime juice w/o harsh drying effect on my hair.....btw I have my 2nd application on right now as we speak...

CynamonKis said:
Sweetcocoa when I tried this I did 1 cup canned coconut milk &amp; 1/4 cup lime juice w/o harsh drying effect on my hair.....btw I have my 2nd application on right now as we speak...

[/ QUOTE ]
It may have been because I did the Hennalucent 2 weeks in a row(the 2nd one was dry cause I didn't use all the oils I used the first time)..then I did this. I'm giving my hair a rest and lots of moisture before I do it again.

Hi Mahalialee4!
wave.gif

You posted a site awhile back www.morroccomethod.com
Just wanted to THANK-YOU!
grin.gif
Awesome site, GREAT products. I get triple duty from them, body wash, skin care(face) and haircare. Triple duty....YEAH!
wink.gif

I believe these products contribute to the excellent texturizing results I've been having w/Henna.

Just wanted to post that I am currently sitting here with milk running down my neck.
laugh.gif

I combed my hair over my head, stuck my head in the bathroom sink and poured most of a quart of whole milk over my head concentrating on the new growth. I combed it thru a little, squeezed out the excess, put it up in a plastic cap.

I'm going to leave it on for a hour at least. Then I'll shampoo, deep condition, roller set.

I'll post the results later tonight or tomorrow.

This is very informative. I will definitely try the milk one. My hair is getting longer and much more curlier. It needs to be more manageable. Thank you very much Ladies.

Re: Straighten hair the natural way! (Dryness)

Sweetcoca I think I now know what you mean about the limes being drying, especially when used with these henna treatments. My coconut/lime treatment REALLY DRIED my hair out last night, so much so that I think I'll stop using this until after next week when I'm done with the henna. My hair felt so dry I had to wash w/CON shampoo &amp; deep-condition with the tropical avocado to bring it moisture. Perhaps by then I'll find a FULLY MATURED coconut to try this recipe again....

I experimented this on my sister last night. She has a full head of dense kinky 4b hair. I forgot to frigerate the coconut milk and lime. Anyway, my sister left it on for an hour and half and she said her hair was soft, 'managable' and loose-er.

Good results!

I would gently suggest that you ladies use a lesser amount of limes. Think of how you do the apple cider vinegar rinse. To 1 quart, you probably would add 1/8 cup of AVC max. So to 1 glass on milk, I cannot understand why you would need more that a tsp. or tbl. max. It is an acidic element. Since our hair naturally tends to be drier, we would not want to dry it out with natural products. The coconut lime thing is not my personal recipe. It was of course posted on the site. I use bottled lemon or lime juice, and it is just a tsp or tablespoon at max in what I do depending on what it is. It is for the sole purpose of cutting the drying effects of the protein and bring the PH balance to a greater compatability with my hair and scalp. Protein needs an acid to balance it. I agree with those who suggested that some are are using too much. I do not want to come across as a know it all, just do not want to see anyone ending up with any problems.
frown.gif
Hope this helps.
cool.gif

Hairyette: you are welcome! Please keep us updated with your results: We want DETAILS!
laugh.gif

I for one value your input on natural recipes. The next time I run across one I'd like to try, you can bet you'll get a pm from me before I try it. Thanks!

BabyCurls said:
Well, here's the result: I decided to do the milk straightener first. I applied it to my hair this morning and left it on all day. I just now rinsed and shampooed my hair. Right now I'm under the cap with my mayo/oil/conditioner treatment for the next few minutes, because I have it on about 30 minutes ago.

As soon as I rinse this goo out of my hair, I'll be back with the end result. Wish me luck, Janice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, you've got my blessing! I hope it goes well!
up.gif

Here's the verdict: After using the coconut/lime mixture, that I left on my hair today for an hour, my hair is softer, and my curls are looser than ever. The other day I just did the regular milk only. I wanted to see how it worked before doing the coconut/lime. It works like a charm.

I know for some, the mix makes your hair dry from the lime in it. It didn't dry out my hair because I have 3a/b wavy/curly hair. Just as long as I use a moisturizing shampoo, my Suave Smoothing conditioner, along with my ACV rinse, I'm all squared away. I even use Proclaim 7 Oil Mix while my hair is damp, and combed it back in a ponytail.

All in all, I have excellent results from this natural relaxer. Thanx, Janice, wherever you are!
wink.gif

Back