Story Time

larry3344

Second part: I am 28 and unmarried/no official broyfriend. Still living at home to save money while I climb the corporate ladder. And now they are all on me about it, chastising what I wear to this that and third. I was chastised for wearing a comfortable shirt and capris jeans to go to a sporting activity. Like I get it they want me to meet someone but like it’s gettjbg now suffocating. I am not opposed to meeting anyone, but it has to be the right person for me.
Many of my relatives have horrible marriages/relationships or are divorced.

My own aunt married some old infertile white trash man for Quebec with whom she had to get fertility treatments to have her skin (no disrespect her). And she tells me that having children won’t prevent me from advancing professionally and it doesn’t matter if the guy is a jerk because kids honours a woman. Now, I may seem like a loner but once I am ready to settle down I don’t want to live that struggle relationship I see so many black women living.

I do date just none of them are worth reporting about. And I am not about to rush to get someone just because. I think what bothers them is. My brothers who is 5years younger than I has a girlfriend and I don’t have a boyfriend to show them. What they don’t see it’s ghat the dating dynamic for Boys and girls are different.
Also the dating market is different for us now than it was for them. And I am not someone to be with anyone just because.

Anyway just needed to vent!!!

My advance is to live your life unapologetically for you. However, do realize that this dating world is crud. To increase your chances I DO think you need to look GOODT and look GOODT at all times.

Take this with a grain of salt but Even at a sporting event it's always a cute outfit to be worn. You never know who you will meet. :) PLUS no man ever says..."Man I started talking to her because of her personality." They are soooo visual.

Beauty is what opens up the door. Your personality is what keeps it open. Sooooo....Never leave the house without a cute dress/outfit and a smile. Have fun. Live Life. Do you....not someone else's ideas of what "you" should look like.

Second part: I am 28 and unmarried/no official broyfriend. Still living at home to save money while I climb the corporate ladder. And now they are all on me about it, chastising what I wear to this that and third. I was chastised for wearing a comfortable shirt and capris jeans to go to a sporting activity. Like I get it they want me to meet someone but like it’s gettjbg now suffocating. I am not opposed to meeting anyone, but it has to be the right person for me.
Many of my relatives have horrible marriages/relationships or are divorced.

My own aunt married some old infertile white trash man for Quebec with whom she had to get fertility treatments to have her skin (no disrespect her). And she tells me that having children won’t prevent me from advancing professionally and it doesn’t matter if the guy is a jerk because kids honours a woman. Now, I may seem like a loner but once I am ready to settle down I don’t want to live that struggle relationship I see so many black women living.

I do date just none of them are worth reporting about. And I am not about to rush to get someone just because. I think what bothers them is. My brothers who is 5years younger than I has a girlfriend and I don’t have a boyfriend to show them. What they don’t see it’s ghat the dating dynamic for Boys and girls are different.
Also the dating market is different for us now than it was for them. And I am not someone to be with anyone just because.

Anyway just needed to vent!!!
I fully get where you're coming from, you're in Toronto as well, right?

@larry3344, living with them, you're never going to be your best self. You need to turn your own key and experience that freedom again. I never knew how much I'd given up when I moved back home, trust me, you'll be glad to be out on your own again, even if you have to pay the rent all by yourself.

Kindly explain to them that you would rather wait. Don't move out just yet, it's hard to save for a home while paying rent as well. Use their comments as fuel to save even more so you can get out of there quickly. Also, once you do move out in a home of your own, keep a low profile and be vigilant, some men are leeches for women who own their own home.

Kindly explain to them that you would rather wait. Don't move out just yet, it's hard to save for a home while paying rent as well. Use their comments as fuel to save even more so you can get out of there quickly. Also, once you do move out in a home of your own, keep a low profile and be vigilant, some men are leeches for women who own their own home.

THIS!

Enjoy being single. Misery loves company.

Back