Spinoff: Relaxed Ladies would you Go Natural for $1M??

Would you go natural for a mil?

• hecks yeah! :yep:

Votes: 63 86.3%
  • nah, son...:nono:

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • other (explain in thread)

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters

iri9109

If someone were to give you a million dolllars, would you go natural?

-no flatironing/pressing
-no straight weaves/wigs
-no keratin treatments
-no growing it out and relaxing again

you can choose a check or cold hard cash, one lump sum...as long as you keep your natural texture...

would you do it?

eta: you can big chop/go bald/get a ceasar cut/ or transition for a maximum of 1 yr, but you dont get any money until all the relaxer is out of your hair.

Last edited:
Of course I would.

It's just interesting how in real life you can do all the things listed in the OP and still be natural.

For a million bucks I would go bald.

Sure would. To take it a step further, I would cut it all off, leave a square patch at the crown, braid that piece, put a barette on it, grab my big earrings and werk it.

Why are there so many restrictions? The thread directed towards naturals didn't have that many requirements. My answer is yes.

Last edited:
Why are there so many restrictions? The thread directed towards naturals didn't have that many requirements. My answer is yes.

relaxed hair cant truly mimic natural hair, so you cant make your natural hair mimic your relaxed hair if you want the milli...rules are rules:lol:

I think there are more restrictions because there's no point in the question if you can mimic the look of relaxed hair, and when you get a relaxer you can't mimic your natural texture, so the "rules" weren't necessary. Most said they would stay relaxed for a mill too!

I usually keep a press, so can I answer?
If so, (because I don't see why not :lol:)
Yes. Again, no hesitation.
The only variation that would warrant hesitation from me was if the deal would be to rock a shrunken fro (with no stretching twisting, or manipulation) for life...
(I have mad shrinkage regardless of length, by the way)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Look, I would do just about anything to my hair for 1 million. It's hair, it's dead and it will grow back.

I was waiting for this thread to come. Yeah I would do it - I wouldn't hesitate! But wait I can't even throw on a wig while I transition? Well damn! :lol:

I'd still do it though!

relaxed hair cant truly mimic natural hair, so you cant make your natural hair mimic your relaxed hair if you want the milli...rules are rules:lol:

I disagree. I'm texlaxed & when I let my hair dry w/o any product, I can rock a hawt poofy, natural-like look. When I wear my hair this way, many ppl assume I'm natural.

ETA: As I said in the natural thread, Yessss! I would do it & take the money! :yep: I was natural for 8 years and could very easily do it again.

This is a good thread! Many (not all) naturals assume that most relaxed heads are scurrred of having natural hair lol (even though many of them haven't been natural themselves for very long :look:). This is not always the case. Many relaxed women absolutely can (and have, obviously lol) go natural & be totally fine with it :yep:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I disagree. I'm texlaxed & when I let my hair dry w/o any product, I can rock a hawt poofy, natural-like look. When I wear my hair this way, many ppl assume I'm natural.

That may be true but it's not your natural texture. People are ignorant enough to believe that anything that isn't silky straight is natural. I used to do braid outs on my relaxed hair and would brush them out and they would look like a natural blow out, but my blow outs on my natural hair look completely diff.

Just sayin. Anyway, I hope this thread doesn't go off the deep end b/c it's all in fun. :yep:

if you were relaxed fully straight (which most ppl tend to think of when you say relaxed) you couldnt...and even though you are texlaxed im pretty sure it doesnt look like YOUR natural texture, because if it did then whats the point?

That may be true but it's not your natural texture. People are ignorant enough to believe that anything that isn't silky straight is natural. I used to do braid outs on my relaxed hair and would brush them out and they would look like a natural blow out, but my blow outs on my natural hair look completely diff.

Just sayin. Anyway, I hope this thread doesn't go off the deep end b/c it's all in fun. :yep:

you gon stop sayin what im sayin when i say it Elle!

Yes, but in that thread the naturals had the option to go back to natural whereas the relaxed heads have to stay natural.

if you were relaxed fully straight (which most ppl tend to think of when you say relaxed) you couldnt...and even though you are texlaxed im pretty sure it doesnt look like YOUR natural texture, because if it did then whats the point?

Just as flat ironed natural hair isn't the same as relaxed. Even if you get a hard press, it's not lasting very long.

The definition of "mimic" is to imitate... Not be EXACTLY the same.

You should add, that they would have to go natural RIGHT NOW. Meaning, How ever many weeks post you are...THATS your new growth lol. So if you just got a fresh relaxer today. Yup. Gone shave it off lol.

You should add, that they would have to go natural RIGHT NOW. Meaning, How ever many weeks post you are...THATS your new growth lol. So if you just got a fresh relaxer today. Yup. Gone shave it off lol.

Even though I have about 2.5 inches of NG, I'd go BALD right now for a million. I'd do it for 100 thousand :look: :lol:

lol thats harsh!
eta: plus this is more about texture, not length lol

Last edited:
Just as flat ironed natural hair isn't the same as relaxed. Even if you get a hard press, it's not lasting very long.

The definition of "mimic" is to imitate... Not be EXACTLY the same.

My flat ironed hair looks exactly like my relaxed hair (well, it looks better actually). I can keep my hair straight until wash day :yep:

My flat ironed hair looks exactly like my relaxed hair (well, it looks better actually). I can keep my hair straight until wash day :yep:

That's awesome :yep: ... but mimic still doesnt mean that it has to be EXACTLY the same lol. Everyone is different. I was natural for 8 years and my pressed hair was never the same as when I used to be bone-straight relaxed. And it sure as heck wasnt lasting until the next day, let alone wash day :lol:

I have seen some natural hair that looks exactly like my shrunken texlaxed hair. It's all relative :yep:

lol thats harsh!
eta: plus this is more about texture, not length lol

you are still limited by length because you only can grow so much in a year. even with supercharged growth from a growth aid:lol: it would be more fair if you were paid to go to natural and the hair would be the same length as you have currently....

Back