Spinoff: Naturals, Would You Relax Your Hair For $1M??

Would you relax your hair for $1M?

• Heck yes, it's just hair! Gimme the money!

Votes: 291 92.4%
  • No, I love my natural hair too much to do that.

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • Other (explain in thread)

Votes: 11 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
*Super side-eye* @ the completely ridiculous sub-question that was posed and the negative implications along with it. For those that can't understand the NO's..I will simply add that some people deem their self worth a little more valuable than money. Money that could be there one day and gone the next. Money that can only buy you a massive amount of stuff that's totally meaningless in the grand scheme of things. There isn't a thing one could acquire that can accompany them in their grave. And you cannot buy a blessing. I put money in it's proper place. I'm thinking of ways I could help those around me once I get my money right, on a daily basis. How about I make my million by starting my own business? If I gain any fortune it will be because I earned every dime, not because someone double dog dared me to compromise a standard that I choose to hold myself to. I would still be able to help "Big Mama" and have my dignity in tact. I don't know about the other "nay sayers" but this is where I am coming from.

idk if this was asked, but would any of you relaxed heads go natural and STAY natural (without the option to straighten or get straight weaves/wigs) for a mil?

Why, yes i would! lol! I'm no stranger to natural hair. I was natural for 8 years & could EASILY do it again :yep: I texlaxed because I wanted to, not because I have any issues with being natural.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

*Super side-eye* @ the completely ridiculous sub-question that was posed and the negative implications along with it. For those that can't understand the NO's..I will simply add that some people deem their self worth a little more valuable than money. Money that could be there one day and gone the next. Money that can only buy you a massive amount of stuff that's totally meaningless in the grand scheme of things. There isn't a thing one could acquire that can accompany them in their grave. And you cannot buy a blessing. I put money in it's proper place. I'm thinking of ways I could help those around me once I get my money right, on a daily basis. How about I make my million by starting my own business? If I gain any fortune it will be because I earned every dime, not because someone double dog dared me to compromise a standard that I choose to hold myself to. I would still be able to help "Big Mama" and have my dignity in tact. I don't know about the other "nay sayers" but this is where I am coming from.
A woman after my heart. I think you said what I wanted to but better lol.

Without second thought! When the summer humidity comes in a few months, I'll have thoughts of relaxing anyway. (the thoughts come every summer, but I never do it.)

I would relax for a thousand. For a hundred thousand, I would shave my head bald! It's just hair. It grows back.

The Seaborne hairstyle would be a no. Well it might be a yes but I could not visit my precious NYC lol. My dignity would be lost. I'd do it here upstate for one year then go back home with my 1mil lol. I'm not entirely sure what a Seaborne is but without googling I'm fairly sure it's those horrid weaves on youtube lol.

I'd do the Indecent Proposal thing if my husband approved it :look:. I'd sooner kill myself than be a prostitute as a profession though. I wish some rich guy would approach me with a proposal like that lol :look:.

asked every natural in my world (which are many) if they would perm and they said yes without a question, even the most die hard. They also agree if this was a no strings attached proposition in real life none would turn it down. One or two did state they wouldn't admit that on a hair forum, especially one that is natural oriented. Most said they would keep it real.

idk if this was asked, but would any of you relaxed heads go natural and STAY natural (without the option to straighten or get straight weaves/wigs) for a mil?

Transitioning so I have to retreat to my totally relaxed state of mind and also took a quick poll of a few relaxed friends. We all would go natural without a second thought. You can always keep your hair straight if your thing isn't to wear a natural texture.

These are easy propositions for myself and people around me. None of us, natural or permed attach morality or self worth to our hair.

^^A lot of people don't consider wearing your hair straight all the time natural, so I would imagine that wouldn't count. It would be interesting to see if the women on this board would wear their natural texture for $1M (I hope they would, lol, that's a lot of money!).

Who's starting the spin off?! It is Sunday...

I'm amused.

We ingest and partake of all kinds of chemicals for FREE and now folx are getting uppity about relaxing FOR a milli? :lachen:

LMAOOOOOOO y'all play too much. If $1,000,000 was on the table in front of you, I assure you these 'No' answers would be different.

Hair? The dead protein growing out of my scalp? Is so sacred that it can't be besmirched for GENERATION-CHANGING money? Oh okay. :lachen:

(yeah yeah, I'm tex/relaxed, so I know this ain't for me. But if I was natural? Psssh. I wish I might make some hair that I won't even HAVE in seven years that deep.)

:goodpost:

So the answer is hell year!!! Show me the money!! I wish someone would give me that offer right now. I need the money.

^^A lot of people don't consider wearing your hair straight all the time natural, so I would imagine that wouldn't count. It would be interesting to see if the women on this board would wear their natural texture for $1M (I hope they would, lol, that's a lot of money!).

Who's starting the spin off?! It is Sunday...

i will! lol

Sure would

With a bigger hair budget and the time a mill could buy, I'd find a cure for my own single strand knot issue.

I'd do it. Gimme that dough then I'm cutting down to a baldie and growing out ;)
Shoot, I'd do it for WAY less.

how come so many people are saying that they would go bald/BC right after they got the money?like relaxed hair is such a burden that it must be cut off asap..... i would enjoy my million dollar relaxer:lol:

how come so many people are saying that they would go bald/BC right after they got the money?like relaxed hair is such a burden that it must be cut off asap..... i would enjoy my million dollar relaxer:lol:

↑ Right. :lol:

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Yeppers, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
What I'd like to see is for someone to post this same question on nappturality.com.:sekret:

Relaxed hair isn't a burden, but neither is natural hair. I just like my natural hair better. Plus, paying for touch ups is cutting into the money.

Back