Spinoff: Ask a WSL and Beyond Lady

Questions about supplements~

Prior to becoming WL, did you take supplements? If so, do you believe they contributed to your growth? If so, how long was it before you noticed a significant difference?

Are you taking supplements now?

What supplements do you recommend?

Yes I did, and I still do. I believe that you have to be healthy to get max growth and since no one eats perfectly all the time I take the vits. The list is in the about me section with my regime hth

Questions about supplements~

Prior to becoming WL, did you take supplements? If so, do you believe they contributed to your growth? If so, how long was it before you noticed a significant difference?

Are you taking supplements now?

What supplements do you recommend?

Yes. I believe that this contributed to me having stronger hair, so this helps from shedding and breakage. I really did not monitor the time difference, but I do believe that supplements have helped me grow to my fullest "monthly" potential which is nomally .5" . I feel that when I do not take vitamins - my hair grows slower:rolleyes:.
Personally I take womens multivitamins, and "hair skin & nail", sometimes follicure, or biotin. I alternate b/n the "hair" vitamins, but always take a multivitamin.:yep:

Repost:
Just around shoulder length when I found the boards, I had 2 major set-backs when I was at BSL 2x approaching mid-back that put me back @ Shoulder/APL. If that hadn't happened I would have been WSL in 3-4 years. So it took me longer b/c of that.

What was yout set back Lucia?

What was yout set back Lucia?

To sum it up: I was at BSL once but it was dry and damaged so I had to cut back a little to APL. Then I got to BSL again and I went for a small trim I wanted 1-2 inches off and the stylist took off 6 inches taking me back to SL, to make the front even with the back (like thats the only way you can have healthy hair) well my hair grows in natural layers and a V-shape in the back so she pretty much chopped off all my progress for that year. That's why no one trims my hair but me.

If natural: by how much has your texture/curls loosened, if you started out with wayy shorter hair?

My hair isn't really wavy (except in my crown area). But I have noticed that my curls have loosened some as my hair has gotten heavier.

If you're natural what length is your hair in it's curly state and when did it start growing downwards instead of outwards? Also at what length did your hair get to SL in it's curly state?

How often do you trim?

My hair is shoulder length curly. It's almost unbelievable how much my hair shrinks up with curly. My shrinkage is at least 50-60%.

Also, haven't trimmed my hair in years. Though I think I could do with one now. It's not noticeable until my hair is straight and I'm not that bothered by my ends.

What has been your shortest length?

I cut my relaxed hair off in stages, and the shortest I got it cut was up to chin length.

1) How long was your hair when you started out?
2) How long did it take you to get to waist length?
Thank ladies!

My hair was shoulder length relaxed when I started my hair journey. And I think it probably took me about three to three and a half years to reach waist length.

What's your hair type? Are you relaxed or natural?

I'm natural and 3c/4a.

Any special care taken with the ends that really helped you ladies retain length? Like when washing, leave-ins, protective styling, straightening, etc....
Subbing to this thread. :grin:
I'm aiming for WL this year and am currently transitioning long-term.

I wash in the tub with my hair lose. Even though it's easier in the shower, I prefer baths. Lately I've been putting a band around the very end of the hair and washing the scalp. When I'm done washing, conditioning and rinsing I take the band off and swish the ends of the hair around in the tub. Wrap with a towel. It's help to cut down on tangles.

I wash my hair in the tub too, but under the faucet. My question...how do you prevent your hair from going down the drain? I'm not WSL yet, but I wonder how I will handle that when I am.

Was WL and beyond your goal?

If so, did you ever feel defeated(discouraged) in obtaining your goal?

If not, did you just grow and grow and happen to become WL or longer?

Ok I just read this whole thread just so I don't repeat anyone's question.

1. For relaxed WL ladies, do you strecth and if so for how long?
2. For natural WL ladies what was the reason you went natural?
3. For relaxed ladies, did you go natural for a while and if so for how long before you decided to perm?
4. For the all WL ladies how long did it take you to get pass APL and( why the hell is it taking me so long) alright I'm back, lol please tell us what u did to get pass APL it is just taking me way to long.

If not, did you just grow and grow and happen to become WL or longer?

1) I initially wanted apl. Once I made it, I decided to continue growing.

2)I felt discouraged many times, because I found so little information about "Ethnic" -"afro" hair. I would read "...african americans can't grow hair long" ect. ....so, it took lots of trial and errors on my part initially
I began to feel "defeated" last fall, before joining this forum, and was going to cut my hair out of discouragement. But, finding others that share the same interests has encouraged me to continue.

Ok I just read this whole thread just so I don't repeat anyone's question.

1. For relaxed WL ladies, do you strecth and if so for how long?
2. For natural WL ladies what was the reason you went natural?
3. For relaxed ladies, did you go natural for a while and if so for how long before you decided to perm?
4. For the all WL ladies how long did it take you to get pass APL and( why the hell is it taking me so long) alright I'm back, lol please tell us what u did to get pass APL it is just taking me way to long.

2)I have trasitioned from a perm perhaps 3 -4 times. (tex-laxed 2
times) My natural hair retains length, and stays moisturized better. I had breakage, where I don't have that issue natural (unless heat is overused)
4)Protective styles help me get pass these difficult growing stages.

Relaxed ladies - at what length did your hair start to feel "heavy." In other words, you felt it weighing on your back in the shower etc. May seem like a strange question but I ask cause I want that "heavy" feeling - I feel like only then I'll really think I have grown some hair :lachen:

What has been your shortest length?

my shortest length was ear length.

yes i have always wanted WL or longer hair since i was a little girl.

no,i have never got discouraged or felt defeated. i alway new i would have mad long hair if i stuck to it.

If not, did you just grow and grow and happen to become WL or longer? .

in the past year it happend for me kinda by accident becuase i really wasnt

paying attention to my hair until about 3 months ago, but i always kept ends

protected and moisturized while not paying attention.

For the all WL ladies how long did it take you to get pass APL ?

from shorter then SL to pass APL mmmm maybe 8 or 9 months, im quessing

becuase i never really looked at my hair, i just let it grow and let it be:ohwell:

ETA:

how do I DC?

on dry hair only for 4 hours or more with silicon mix, cholesterol and ors replenishing pak, all mixed together, I DC every 3 days.

Do i PS?

NO, not really anymore.

Last edited:
Back