What Does the S in "WSL" stand for? & other questions...

Kneechay

So it's been killing me since i've been on the board and I just.dont.get.it. I figured starting a thread would be the fastest way to get an answer. Only WL makes sense to me, so I use that abbreviation.

I understand the W stands for 'waist' and L for 'length' but why are we throwing the S in there? Are you someone that uses "WSL" without knowing what the S stands for? I've been on this board for two years, and I know I should know this by now, but I don't

SO can someone clarify it for me, please?

I know this may be a short thread, but I'd like to use it as a thread to answer questions other people have, so if you have a question too, go ahead and ask here.

Thanks in advance.

I've wondered this, too. I just figured WaiSt Length = WSL, but why doesn't shoulder length = SDL or SRL or something?

I'm going to guess that since it's Bra Strap Length maybe it's Waist Strap Length?? Not sure, it seems more like it should be WBL where b=band.

:giggle: I think people just started writing like that coz if it were a car license plait WL would be WuhLuh, but WSL would be WuSLuh....which sounds a lot like wais'luh which then translates to wais'length since we know the L stands for length. :rofl:

Hey, I tried. :lol:

I personally write WL like OP.

Good question, I have wondered the same thing. I just figured they put the S in because maybe WL means whole length (as in whole length of the body). I have seen people write waist length with just wl.

I have two questions. Nichi, why are you saying good bye in your siggy? You don't really want to let your subscription expire, do you?

Nichi, here is my question: Why on earth are you leeeeaving us when you're subscription runs out, homie?? $6.95 son... c'mon son... :poke: You know you wanna show us when you get to "WSL" son... :lol:

images

Last edited:
Nichi, here is my question: Why on earth are you leeeeaving us when you're subscription runs out, homie?? $6.95 son... c'mon son... :poke: You know you wanna show us when you get to "WSL" son... :lol:

OT: DANG its 6.95 now? Wasn't it 6.50? lol MAN! and YES 45 cents is hard to come by for me these days lol

OT: 6.95? word?:ohwell: I'm glad I paid for two years when it was still $6.50

Or do I still have to pay those extra cents?:perplexed

I've wondered this, too. I just figured WaiSt Length = WSL, but why doesn't shoulder length = SDL or SRL or something?

Yeah, another poster said she thought the S represented the S in "waist". I think that's silly. The other abbreviations are three words and waist is one word. I hope that's not it.

I have two questions. Nichi, why are you saying good bye in your siggy? You don't really want to let your subscription expire, do you?

Lol. Aww ladies. It's not about the $6.50 it's just that the board has gotten a little dry and a little unwieldy to use. The new changes dont compel me to renew, at least not for now. Since the subscription is about to lapse, I'm going to chill on LHCF for a while. I may lurk in the HF. I'll probably renew in 2011 when things get back to normal around here and return with some great updates. I'm currently past bra strap but my camera broke and I dont like my BB's pic quality, so I hadn't updated since I removed my weave a couple weeks ago.

WRL - this is me

Waist Roll Length :lachen: :look: :D :giggle:

Hilarious!

I thought it was WL??? :ohwell:
Me too girl, me too. But a lot of people use WSL and I don't get it.

Well it won't be the same around here without you. I hear what you mean about not loving the changes. I'm having similar feelings but I just joined a challenge that has me all in a tizzy so we will see.

Gonna miss you!

I guess they mean WaiSt Length (?), but I use WL. I noticed a long time ago people on here do some pretty funky things when it comes to grammar and spelling. :look:

:giggle: I think people just started writing like that coz if it were a car license plait WL would be WuhLuh, but WSL would be WuSLuh....which sounds a lot like wais'luh which then translates to wais'length since we know the L stands for length. :rofl:

Hey, I tried. :lol:

I personally write WL like OP.

:rofl:
Hey Nonie! :wave:

Okay I have no idea what the S in WSL stands for, but nichi and dlewis, please please please don't turn this into a thread where everyone starts announcing that they're gonna start leaving. I look up to you guys! The changes around here lately are a little user unfriendly (to say the least), but we need ya'll here!

Awww, my sweet little Houston Homey~
U leavin', Nichi? I feel ya. I used to be addicted to this forum, now it's just 'meh.'
It almost makes a girl want to go into lurkdome...

And for the record, these new features are bazerkin' me out. And my pc keeps freezing. No fun.

My guess is that whoever started using the term WSL for waist lenght did not know that the "S" in BSL stand for Bra "Strap" Lengh. They were trying to rhyme...

I think it's time for alot of us to move on. I'll miss you Nichi.:kiss:
aww DLewis, you're one of the people I'll miss the most. I mean that. :-(

Okay I have no idea what the S in WSL stands for, but nichi and dlewis, please please please don't turn this into a thread where everyone starts announcing that they're gonna start leaving. I look up to you guys! The changes around here lately are a little user unfriendly (to say the least), but we need ya'll here!

Miss_C, thanks. You guys will be okay. The board has its cycles. New people will come and the old will move on. I feel a little out of the loop without my camera anyway and there's a weird tone on the board, i dont know...

So it's safe to assume that the S in 'WSL' doesn't represent anything & it was just a mistake that kept going. I really thought it meant something and I just didn't know and didn't like the fact I was out of the loop.

What does BSB mean? Is that the same length as BSL?

Below Shoulder Blade. Bra straps fall on different places for people so BSB is a way to measure according to your body. I like it better since it's an actual body spot like the other lengths.

Back