So, uh, what if I no man approaches you . . .

Which do you think is more true?

• Every pot has a lid.

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Some of us will just end up alone.

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:lol:
With my last long term relationship I indirectly offered him my number and he called the same night (I thought I had lost an item and asked him to call me in case he found it :grin:). I never did find the shirt but we dated for 6.5 years.

You lost a shirt, and found some love :love:

With DH when we first met I told him that he needed some chapstick and proceeded to give him some. He's been stuck since :lachen:

What?!! :lachen:

i missed dis memo. there are a lot of places to go in da dmv. i've met men at the Safeway (Clinton, MD)(late night). Neva go on a early sat or sun. NEVER. Fish Market in Clinton, ummm.....there are a ton of places that I go to. In fact, a friend of mines (him and his wife) are having a Christmas Party at his mansion in Fort Washington Maryland and there will be tons of men there, cuz trust n believe, where there are men, I'm there lololol.. he has this party every year.

i really don't think there is a specific place to go to get approached. it could be anywhere. the car wash, home depot, gas station, da licka sto, U Street in da summer time...(that outdoor flea market), Adams Morgan, you'd be surprised.

for example, this morning, i was buying my coffee at the 7-11, and was short $.69. I knew I had it, but had to dig down my bottomless pit bag to find it. This nice looking brother (blue collar) said do you need some change. I said yes, I sure do. He said here you go sweetheart, and I looked him in his eyes (eye contact) and said thank you, you're a lifesaver and a sweetheart :) He smiled, we chit chatted out the door. his car was parked next to mines, and we exchanged numbers.

oh, and for da record, i was lookin a hot mess. da wig was on crooked (wasn't pulled down all da way in da back cuz i felt a draft), i had on my "runnin to da 7-11 right quick to get coffee" jeans n sneakers on.

men love to feel needed. even tho it was only 69 cents, he offered, which was nice of him. it was the thought that counts. now just because i have his number and vice versa doesn't mean we will become intimate friends. i look at it as i met a nice man today. das it n das all.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

:perplexed

Celina, we are going to have to stage an intervention for you. This is getting out of control. Do any LHCFers live in your area?

I believe there is someone out there for anybody however, some people will never get to meet/be with that person.

@Celinastar: where are you located?

I'm in the midwest. I don't live around any member that I know of. People really keep to themselves in my area and it's highly segregated.

that OP is my life... ugh bah hum bug

I'm very shocked. I've seen your pictures and you're absolutely beautiful.

OP, how much do you get out?

I have a demanding job (as I have mentioned before) that means sometimes, I don't get to go out in the daytime at all for weeks on end. Needless to say, I don't get approached when I am at my desk, except to do more work. During those dull periods, I can really get myself down wondering why I am single. I used to be such a magnet when I was younger.

And then I get to go to a party or event, get approached, and realize that, duh, this is the longest I have been single because in this period of my life, I am simply not getting to go out at all for the most part. :( I was a magnet when I was younger because I got out when I was younger. Short of God sending me a cat burglar or washer of skyscraper windows (because heaven knows I stare wistful out of my office window often), I am probably not going to be able to couple up at this point in my life until I can have an actual social life.

Every pot has a lid, but unless the lid is a criminal, odds are, it won't come to cover you until you step outside. Ok, that sentence just killed the pot/lid saying.

Last edited:
I think some women will end up alone.

Women today don't need to get married like they used to. We are able to provide for ourselves so marrying isn't a necessity. With this in mind, women are able to be very picky (which is a good thing). And let's be honest, some women see all the screwed up relationships and men out there and just take themselves out of "the game".

Others want to be married and make themselves open to that. If these women aren't getting approached, I honestly don't know what they can do. The ladies above have given some great advice though.

OP, how much do you get out?

I have a demanding job (as I have mentioned before) that means sometimes, I don't get to go out in the daytime at all for weeks on end. Needless to say, I don't get approached when I am at my desk, except to do more work. During those dull periods, I can really get myself down wondering why I am single. I used to be such a magnet when I was younger.

And then I get to go to a party or event, get approached, and realize that, duh, this is the longest I have been single because in this period of my life, I am simply not getting to go out at all for the most part. :(

this is partially my problem . . . I also work a demanding job and sometimes get so caught up in work that not only do I not go outside (except to grab some lunch) then then also I let my appearance slip and walk around looking busted :nono: In my experience, though, I don't get approached at parties and clubs . . . too much competition. I'm more likely to be approached walking down the street. (Which goes back to the first problem you noted . . . gotta go outside more - literally!)

I believe every pot has a lid, but you have to learn to recognize "your" lid when you see 'em.

approach them the sweet nice guys are usually always shy and get out there! like the library or volunteer program etc.

Good thread and responses. :yep:
@LoveIsYou, that's great advice-definitely something i wanna try more often. I'm not really a shy person anymore, but when it comes to approaching an attractive guy, I falter. maybe this is something to try tonight when i go out....

u have da cable guy, the verizon guy.... that is how my friend met her husband. he came to her house to hook up her cable. and he is FIONE!!! she? ehhh....but anywho, she has a good heart. meanwhile, they dated for a year and married. he's a good man to her too. so see, it's not about looks.

there should be a meet a man challenge....just do and compare stories... challenge urself, step outside of the box and try it. what can it hurt?

i pulled up on a guy who was pushin this nice red corvette as soon as we came out of the 3rd street tunnel in DC. he was layed back chillin...i blew my horn and i rolled my window down n was like....can i park my car and ride witchu? lolololol..... he smiled....and was like sure....we chit chatted til da light turned green. met up at da next light. exchanged numbers. he called me and we talked....he's a cool guy. i don't have any expectations cuz i was just doin it for "shyts n giggles".....BUT IT WAS FUN... hell they do it, why can't we.

Back