So This Is What Classic Length Looks Like?

:lachen::lachen:LOL. she knows about this thread and knows we're talking about her. check this message on her site to us LHCF'ers:

[SIZE=+1]Hi everyone, I signed up on your board as Cinnamon Hair but apparently I can't post because I haven't paid the user fee. Anyway, I would like to reply to the thread about my site. Here's the message I would have posted if I could.... [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]I saw the link to your message board in my website tracker and thought I would come check this place out. My internet server is probably going to freak out since it already passed the allowed views for the day/month on my images (now they are showing up as red x's, nothing I can do about it but wait), you guys are responsible for 750 visits to my hair site yesterday alone. Holy crap. :) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]A few comments: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Yes, I know my ends are far from perfect.. with my volume thick ends at knee length is just not gonna happen any time soon. I'm sure they look a little better than those pics show though, I was outside and the wind was blowing, excuses excuses you know. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Knee length isn't for everyone. I didn't think it was for me when I started growing. My goal was classiclength hence the website name. But when I got there I was so tempted to continue growing, mostly because of beautiful hair photos at the LHC (not this board, the other LHC). We seriously are a creep magnet though, which is why I don't link to them from my site. You wouldn't believe the crazy messages I get in my email and on youtube. Not saying I have anything against people with unusual fetishes (have a few myself even), just don't particularly like the ones who also enjoy stalking as a hobby. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]As for my hair being flat/stringy/etc, well it's a mixed bag. To have super long length you gotta learn to love your natural hair. There's no way chemcially dyed, permed, or regularly straightened hair could reach knees or probably even classic, it would break from damage & really look a mess. I'm actually a 1c which is slightly wavy, but if I comb too much I'm back at stick straight. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]I do plan to make updo direction videos, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Near future for sure. If you have anything else you want to ask me I'd be happy to answer. [/SIZE]

Well I guess Redhotlala and SweetCashew must be exceptions to that rule.

Well I guess Redhotlala and SweetCashew must be exceptions to that rule.

i was wonderin bout that quote myself, but since i'm bein watched:look: i didnt wanna say anything...:peek:

There are always exceptions to the rule - that doesn't make the rule(s) any less valid. :lol:

Seriously, how many black women do ya'll know with straight up butt length hair? SweetCashew, while she has gorgeous hair, is no where near that long (esp. since she just cut 8-9 inches off), and I don't think Redhotlala is classic either.

*thinks* Of the women I can remember (Camellia, Cichelle, FlowerHair........someone else) who have close to classic length hair - they are all natural.

:look:

there is SOME lady's fotki who is relaxed, and i think was classic. i forgot her username. said it took 9yrs. so it CAN be done!:yep: we can do it! yes we can!:grin:

there is SOME lady's fotki who is relaxed, and i think was classic. i forgot her username. said it took 9yrs. so it CAN be done!:yep: we can do it! yes we can!:grin:

:lachen:

Of course we can!!! And it'll be even more gorgeous and rare and valuable because of the hard work and dedication it will take to get there!

I think it's rare to see people with knee-length hair and even more rare for them to have chemically processed hair. I think she might be on target there.

I was wondering if she would come and see this thread. I think it's awesome that she wrote what she did. I'm really sensitive and might have been hurt by some of the comments here. She took it well and seems very accepting of and confident about her hair. :yep: She has every reason to be.

rare? yes. impossible? no. might take us a heck of a lot more work, but whats the motto, class? yes we can!:grin:

Dang some of you were hella rude about her hair. I mean this is "Long Hair Care Forum" key words: "Long Hair" I mean yes it looks blah, but she is white, what do you expect? She isn't going to have all the curls and such that we have.

Even those of us with super long hair, waistlength and beyond it isn't all that curly any more, it becomes more and more straight due to the weight of the hair.

Some of you really need to get those humungous sticks out of your a$$.:rolleyes:

We don't like it when people call our hair nasty but, we get on here and stick our noses up? How hypecritical is that? We should all just be glad she has healthy hair and takes care of her hair.

If I didn't hate this statement so much I would say, ya'll were hatin'. Don't be hatin! LOL

Be seriously, why all the rudeness? You would be making a post titled "I was about to whip a b$tch!" if someone called your hair nasty, and unkempt.

I'm out!

~Liyah:blush:

Wow...her updos are stunning! I'm definitely bookmarking her site for when I reach waistlength.:grin:

On another note...I hate that she read the comments here. I'm not saying yall are wrong for your opinions or anything, but it must have been hurtful to read some of it.:sad:

i hope my comment wasn't offensive... it wasn't meant to be. I thought her hair looked fine, but could have looked better with some type of of style or something (based off the two pics ~plain back length shots~ that i saw... for some reason i cant see her other hair pics)... i used the word nasty (stringy and flat) in a hypothetically sense, and wasn't directing it at her. (i think long hair is beautiful, but i dont like hair to just hang and look plain or unhealthy ~ not that I'm saying hers is) I wouldn't want to be knee length, but i'd love to be tailbone (dont know if i'd like classic on me or not, i'll have to wait til i get to tailbone to make that decision :) ). To keep it from looking boring on myself, i'd have to keep it interesting... i dont know...

anyway, if you are reading, and were offended by my post, then i apologize...

i hope my comment wasn't offensive... it wasn't meant to be. I thought her hair looked fine, but could have looked better with some type of of style or something (based off the two pics ~plain back length shots~ that i saw... for some reason i cant see her other hair pics)... i used the word nasty (stringy and flat) in a hypothetically sense, and wasn't directing it at her. (i think long hair is beautiful, but i dont like hair to just hang and look plain or unhealthy ~ not that I'm saying hers is) I wouldn't want to be knee length, but i'd love to be tailbone (dont know if i'd like classic on me or not, i'll have to wait til i get to tailbone to make that decision :) ). To keep it from looking boring on myself, i'd have to keep it interesting... i dont know...

anyway, if you are reading, and were offended by my post, then i apologize...

ita. :imsorry: in the utube clip you could tell it was healthy so it wasn't like she had those raggedy thin ends, just those regular thin...if that makes any sense. guess i got caught up in how to make it look more perfect than foucusin on the fact that she took the time and effort to get it that long in the first place.

To each her own, but I will just stick with wanting BSL- MBL. That length is really nice for a lot of women, buy for me and my thick 4a/b natural hair, I definitely need something shorter that I can control. I like simple and that length would not be simple for me. But I really like that color of her hair and it looks really nice in those buns!!

rare? yes. impossible? no. might take us a heck of a lot more work, but whats the motto, class? yes we can!:grin:

I'll be happy to see anyone with relaxed hair at classic length or longer. Heck, I like to see classic length hair no matter what. I say go for it if that's what you want. Why not?

Wow...her updos are stunning! I'm definitely bookmarking her site for when I reach waistlength.:grin:

On another note...I hate that she read the comments here. I'm not saying yall are wrong for your opinions or anything, but it must have been hurtful to read some of it.:sad:

To the bolded: Me too. I cringed when I read some of the comments and it wasn't even about my hair.

I don't care what anyone says, though. I LOVE her hair. I think it's beautiful.

To the bolded: Me too. I cringed when I read some of the comments and it wasn't even about my hair.

I have to agree some of these commens were a bit spiteful.:sad: I applaud her for the hard work she put in to getting healthy hair.

Dang some of you were hella rude about her hair. I mean this is "Long Hair Care Forum" key words: "Long Hair" I mean yes it looks blah, but she is white, what do you expect? She isn't going to have all the curls and such that we have.

Even those of us with super long hair, waistlength and beyond it isn't all that curly any more, it becomes more and more straight due to the weight of the hair.

Some of you really need to get those humungous sticks out of your a$$.:rolleyes:

We don't like it when people call our hair nasty but, we get on here and stick our noses up? How hypecritical is that? We should all just be glad she has healthy hair and takes care of her hair.

If I didn't hate this statement so much I would say, ya'll were hatin'. Don't be hatin! LOL

Be seriously, why all the rudeness? You would be making a post titled "I was about to whip a b$tch!" if someone called your hair nasty, and unkempt.

I'm out!

~Liyah:blush:
This is so true maybe some of us will be a little more mindful with our comments.

I like her updo’s, her hair overall looks fine to me, a little trim wont hurt but her hair doesn’t look jacked or anything. :lol:

Although her hair is pretty!...I dont think I could take care of my hair properly if it was that length....The damage on my ends would be deadly....sitting down, rubbing on the back seat of my car, the snaggs, not to mention all of the detangling I would have to go through especially when wet:nono:...I would have to wear it in protective styles like ....forever and a day....but you know what I am still going for wl and that is my story...!:yep: :lachen:

Wow, her hair is :lick:! I wouldn't like for mine to be that straight, but I could definately go for that length! So feminine!

I think it's beautiful as well. :yep: And some of the comments that were made make me dread what people will say when my hair gets to classic. . .:perplexed

I think it's important to keep in mind that while some people on here may prefer more texture/curl what ever- very few people have natural hair close to our own personal ideals; most people idolize the hair that has be altered in some way (rollers/chemicals/flatirons, etc). So yes while her hair is straight, and may not be some people's ideal, it's health and length are a testiment to her commitment and dedication- that in itself is beautiful.

there's actually a picture on the second page of the updos of her browsing LHCF!

at least, that's what the site looks like to me.

It does look a lot like this forum, but I think it was the LHC forum before they changed the color. Their background used to be green also.

Her hair was classic length in 2003, now it's kneelength.
I think her ends are too stringy...she should cut off the thin ends and then it would be beautiful! :yep:

I'm going for Tailbone length...then I'm done! :grin:
But you never know....

:lachen::lachen:LOL. she knows about this thread and knows we're talking about her. check this message on her site to us LHCF'ers:

[SIZE=+1]Hi everyone, I signed up on your board as Cinnamon Hair but apparently I can't post because I haven't paid the user fee. Anyway, I would like to reply to the thread about my site. Here's the message I would have posted if I could....

I saw the link to your message board in my website tracker and thought I would come check this place out. My internet server is probably going to freak out since it already passed the allowed views for the day/month on my images (now they are showing up as red x's, nothing I can do about it but wait), you guys are responsible for 750 visits to my hair site yesterday alone. Holy crap. :)
A few comments:
Yes, I know my ends are far from perfect.. with my volume thick ends at knee length is just not gonna happen any time soon. I'm sure they look a little better than those pics show though, I was outside and the wind was blowing, excuses excuses you know.
Knee length isn't for everyone. I didn't think it was for me when I started growing. My goal was classiclength hence the website name. But when I got there I was so tempted to continue growing, mostly because of beautiful hair photos at the LHC (not this board, the other LHC). We seriously are a creep magnet though, which is why I don't link to them from my site. You wouldn't believe the crazy messages I get in my email and on youtube. Not saying I have anything against people with unusual fetishes (have a few myself even), just don't particularly like the ones who also enjoy stalking as a hobby.
As for my hair being flat/stringy/etc, well it's a mixed bag. To have super long length you gotta learn to love your natural hair. There's no way chemcially dyed, permed, or regularly straightened hair could reach knees or probably even classic, it would break from damage & really look a mess. I'm actually a 1c which is slightly wavy, but if I comb too much I'm back at stick straight.
I do plan to make updo direction videos, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Near future for sure. If you have anything else you want to ask me I'd be happy to answer.
[/SIZE]

I didn't see this message! I happen to agree with her on the natural thing...
Well we all have things to work on when it comes to our hair, so the ends are not a big deal. At least she can cut off the ends and still have super long, pretty hair :)

Thanks Cinnamon for writing a message to us :D We love looking at long hair so I hope your website won't crash.

Some people would resurrect their ancestors and kill them again for her hair. She didn't seem offended at all, although she certainly could've been. :ohwell: Obviously she likes her hair and it's on her head so, that's all that really matters.:yep: The only thing she should do is w/e she's been doing all this time because apparently it's working! :lick: Do you CinnamonHair. Murch love...yes I said murch.

*gives all the rude peeps the seod*

Ciao Bellas

I was thinking the same thing!

I think that curly and/or wavy hair looks much better than straight hair after WL

so i do , after tailbone length , id stop flatironning. and just wear it natural, it it wanted to be classic length stretched at that point i wouldnt care as long as i wore it curly.

Back