I know why I am not feeling Match.com. Going through the profiles can be sad when you get down to the, "He's looking for" section. I live in California and the majority of these Black dudes have the preference of: White/Caucasian, East Indian, Asian, Latino / Hispanic, Middle Eastern, etc. Everyone except for Black women. :rolleyes:
My sister lives in the bay area. It's extremely hard to date in that area. All the black men want anybody but a black woman. Increasingly I was starting to see the same in NYC.
As for me I had my profile open to all ethnicities.

And it's always these that are the fastest and thirstiest to try to talk to you. I will never understand it but I will always swerve, huge red flag there.

Are you against dipping your toe in interracial dating?

It's terrible. :nono: I've tried to open myself up to the interracial thing, but I am usually not attracted to them. I would give a white guy attention if he looked like Travis Kelce.

5878ee7fee14b68f7b8b5172

My sister lives in the bay area. It's extremely hard to date in that area. All the black men want anybody but a black woman. Increasingly I was starting to see the same in NYC.

I live in Los Angeles and it's really hard here too. I get the guys who either have multiple kids, want multiple women like the last guy that I was dating, or do not want Black women at all. I opened up my profile to everyone, but I get a lot of unattractive jokers. Like I told sunflora, I would be cool with dating a guy who looks like Travis Kelce. :yep:

I'm in the Bay Area. I met SO on OkCupid and I got a good amount of messages from black men but none that were interesting or they usually had some dealbreaker. I'm open to other MOC and had better luck there, and met my SO.

My college aged sister just became exclusive with a black male classmate of hers and while she's been interested in Latino, Asian and white boys before, she really wants a black man so she's thrilled. This guy is white women bait too. He's 6'5, plays basketball and super sweet.

Am I the only one who finds shirtless selfies a huge turn-off? I matched with a guy on bumble, we otherwise get along chatting and I'd have liked to meet him, but his linked instagram is like back to back to back to back shirtless selfie. What is the guy doing? Doesn't he have anything better to do? Like one or two, fine, but like 10 of them in the exact same pose in the exact same place? Get over yourself!

They look good tho :look:

It just spells so much vanity to me, he loves himself enough for two.

It's terrible. :nono: I've tried to open myself up to the interracial thing, but I am usually not attracted to them. I would give a white guy attention if he looked like Travis Kelce.

5878ee7fee14b68f7b8b5172

I live in Los Angeles and it's really hard here too. I get the guys who either have multiple kids, want multiple women like the last guy that I was dating, or do not want Black women at all. I opened up my profile to everyone, but I get a lot of unattractive jokers. Like I told sunflora, I would be cool with dating a guy who looks like Travis Kelce. :yep:

I got it I lean towards people of color when it come to dating. I went to Cali last year I was using bumble and tinder and the guys that were coming up that were white looked way different than the white guys in NYC. Some of them hit me up but Ignored it because a the time I thought that is too far for me. I was thinking to myself are some of these profiles real or are they catfish???

I'm in the Bay Area. I met SO on OkCupid and I got a good amount of messages from black men but none that were interesting or they usually had some dealbreaker. I'm open to other MOC and had better luck there, and met my SO.

My college aged sister just became exclusive with a black male classmate of hers and while she's been interested in Latino, Asian and white boys before, she really wants a black man so she's thrilled. This guy is white women bait too. He's 6'5, plays basketball and super sweet.
My sister tried OKC and met a guy that was in jail........HOW????
I don't understand she is not looking for love before, during or after lockup.

Oh I know about white women bait all to well my godson is 20 and he handsome little chocolate at 6'2" with washboard abs. His mother almost had a heart attack when he started college cause them little girls was throwing it at him. But I don't what will happen he grew up in an area where there were barely any black girls.

I got it I lean towards people of color when it come to dating. I went to Cali last year I was using bumble and tinder and the guys that were coming up that were white looked way different than the white guys in NYC. Some of them hit me up but Ignored it because a the time I thought that is too far for me. I was thinking to myself are some of these profiles real or are they catfish???

My sister tried OKC and met a guy that was in jail........HOW????
I don't understand she is not looking for love before, during or after lockup.

Oh I know about white women bait all to well my godson is 20 and he handsome little chocolate at 6'2" with washboard abs. His mother almost had a heart attack when he started college cause them little girls was throwing it at him. But I don't what will happen he grew up in an area where there were barely any black girls.
I'm curious too since OK Cupid users in the Bay Area tend to be educated professionals. o_O Was he upfront about it?

Some of these profiles and preferences makes me wish that I met someone years ago in school or out and about on the streets instead. It's hard out here online dating nowadays. :nono:

what girl? I can't go that far. There's all kinds of men in this city and yes there are white washed ones, but I've never seen it that bad here

I'm curious too since OK Cupid users in the Bay Area tend to be educated professionals. o_O Was he upfront about it?
So basically they liked each others profiles, spoke back and forth then traded numbers like normal. The first and only conversation over the phone she he asked her general question what did she do for a living, she asked it back he told her he was currently incarcerated:dighole:. She hung up on him and blocked him. Men will not put on there profile that they are or were incarcerated that's a skeleton you have to ask about and hopefully they tell you the truth. I have heard other stories about guys doing this so anything is possible. This is also why I use a google number and men get salty about it. I do not care because once you have my number it is attached to all social media that I am attached you and you can bother me there even though I blocked you from my phone.
what girl? I can't go that far. There's all kinds of men in this city and yes there are white washed ones, but I've never seen it that bad here
It's not as bad as Cali but yeah I started seeing a number of guys who's preference do not include black women. Usually before you set your preferences they come up in your feed but they disappear once you set your preferences because you don't fit their criteria. You don't think anything of it because it doesn't come up in your feed. Meh to each their own.

I put out a plea on ig stories for someone to pick up my library book for me. Today was the last day to get it but I dont have time.

I gave up hope and asked my neighbor, who is my new bff. (I met him 2 weeks ago lol) And he's going to do it for me.

10 mins later I get a text and a dm from the guy I went out with on Tuesday saying "I got you."

I am so happy lol.

That's unfortunate. I haven't experienced that here in this city at all. Not to the point where I can make a wide generalization like that for the BM in this city
I don't think anyone here is making wide sweeping generalizations, especially myself. Majority of BM are not giving BW preferential treatment in dating selection the same way BW do for them.

Anyone else ever had a conversation with a guy get hella dry after they find out you have a higher education level than them? Alright then, sir. Byeee :laugh:
Yeah. That’s why I stopped telling them. A guy I’m still seeing, his friend (I know her, just stopped talking to her years ago) told him I have a Masters. I won’t go into details, but currently, if I speak on my education, it minimal.

I do not think anyone should have to hide their level of education though. I would be thoroughly turned off by a guy who could not handle my level of education.

I am not boastful nor condescending though, so I have never had a problem with anyone I talk to (people in general not just guys) because I don't think higher level education makes one superior. There are so many types of intelligences, and I feel everyone has something to offer whether they know it or not.

But back to dating specifically...it is not a good sign if you have to hide who you are just to make the partner or potential partner comfortable. No way.

I used to feel I had to hide certain parts of myself, but I have learned that is not the way.

I do not think anyone should have to hide their level of education though. I would be thoroughly turned off by a guy who could not handle my level of education.

I am not boastful nor condescending though, so I have never had a problem with anyone I talk to (people in general not just guys) because I don't think higher level education makes one superior. There are so many types of intelligences, and I feel everyone has something to offer whether they know it or not.

But back to dating specifically...it is not a good sign if you have to hide who you are just to make the partner or potential partner comfortable. No way.

I used to feel I had to hide certain parts of myself, but I have learned that is not the way.

Exactly @ the bolded. No one should have to hide their education level and I don't think higher education makes anyone superior either.

But if someone asks me/it goes to that topic of conversation, I'll tell them. If they don't like it for whatever reason then....*shrug*. The guy's attitude immediately changing hinted that maybe he had some type of hang-up about it and he was the one that brought it up :laugh: .

Yes, that is me. I usually only think to mention it if someone asks me . The fact that he brought it up and then acted weird over it definitely suggests he has a personal hangup/insecurity over it. What is his level of education?

Exactly @ the bolded. No one should have to hide their education level and I don't think higher education makes anyone superior either.

But if someone asks me/it goes to that topic of conversation, I'll tell them. If they don't like it for whatever reason then....*shrug*. The guy's attitude immediately changing hinted that maybe he had some type of hang-up about it and he was the one that brought it up :laugh: .

There is a difference between hiding and keeping the talk about it minimal. I guess I just take my experiences on this topic differently.

Back