So I was sitting under the tree. Police came and said I had to move back. No chairs forward of the line. An hour later. Two men are sitting exactly under the same tree I was. Not a soul has told them to move.

I’m sitting here like ain this some ish.

It’s hotter than fresh fish being fried at big mammas house on first Friday of the first of the month when those food stamps hit.

So I was sitting under the tree. Police came and said I had to move back. No chairs forward of the line. An hour later. Two men are sitting exactly under the same tree I was. Not a soul has told them to move.

I’m sitting here like ain this some ish.

It’s hotter than fresh fish being fried at big mammas house on first Friday of the first of the month when those food stamps hit.
Morning !

Later on as I was leaving. They were making everyone under the tree move. I guess it took awhile for them to circle back. I was hot as fish fry grease though for two hours watching them frolic under that tree though. But , baby I looked smoking hot. Took my butt in the house though. AC trumps everything.

Today I feel like one needs a guy for car purposes at the very least.
Girl, after I had a situation with my car when I was willing to pay the money, I decided I don’t need to bother with a man trying to help me. I went to a reputable place, got the service I needed, and it was extremely less expensive. The shop I tried to go to first was trying to rip me off. And I know if I was a man, they wouldn’t have played me like that.

Girl, after I had a situation with my car when I was willing to pay the money, I decided I don’t need to bother with a man trying to help me. I went to a reputable place, got the service I needed, and it was extremely less expensive. The shop I tried to go to first was trying to rip me off. And I know if I was a man, they wouldn’t have played me like that.
I can respect that but it’s actually very much not enjoyable to me to constantly needing to strong arm my way through life. I do bc I have to but really am resenting that I’m not further in my evolution that this is still the default. I like that I can try and resolve but it’s taxing but I know that’s not desired by all ladies.

you definitely don’t need to have a romantic male partner to get your car needs taken care of. What you “need” is a reliable repair service that isn’t going to rob you of your coins and time. I got men involved in trying to get my car needs taken care of over the years and it was nothing but problematic. I got stories! lol girl I know you want some big strong man to come and make it alright, but right now he ain’t coming, and that’s ok. That resentment will turn into anger and it may turn inwardly. If you got the money and resources to get your car serviced, then be grateful and make that ish happen.

I joined a network group and had men following me on there, and sending messages… That was disheartening… Can’t even network without someone trying to go there. It seems we just can’t be in community without someone looking to hookup..

you definitely don’t need to have a romantic male partner to get your car needs taken care of. What you “need” is a reliable repair service that isn’t going to rob you of your coins and time. I got men involved in trying to get my car needs taken care of over the years and it was nothing but problematic. I got stories! lol girl I know you want some big strong man to come and make it alright, but right now he ain’t coming, and that’s ok. That resentment will turn into anger and it may turn inwardly. If you got the money and resources to get your car serviced, then be grateful and make that ish happen.
I get what you’re saying and you have had your experiences but this isn’t empathic at all. I have done my whole life strong arming things. Yes it’s great to have resources but I’m also a human with all sorts of needs that I have silenced for fear of the you can do alone. There is choice and there is making do with what’s there. Choice is empowering bc it’s choice the other can feel ok for a while but then it feels like why can’t I have what is desired.

I’m not trying to be snippy but must be honest.

I get what you’re saying and you have had your experiences but this isn’t empathic at all. I have done my whole life strong arming things. Yes it’s great to have resources but I’m also a human with all sorts of needs that I have silenced for fear of the you can do alone. There is choice and there is making do with what’s there. Choice is empowering bc it’s choice the other can feel ok for a while but then it feels like why can’t I have what is desired.

I’m not trying to be snippy but must be honest.
i don’t think you are being snippy. I understand my delivery comes off as being not empathetic, so I get how you may feel about what I said. and even though you post and share how you feel about certain things, it is not my place to jump in and advise. You should be able to share without someone coming in to try to fix your feelings. Think of me as Dorothy from The GGs! lol

Last edited:
school has me exhausted. I have to do my exam on Thursday then get started on the new material I gotta read.

no recreational reading for me until the semester is done :cry: y'all know this is hard for me bc I liveee for a good book chile:bookworm2:. I haven't been to barnes and noble in person since at least 2019.

thank God it's over soon. I just want to get a message and go do something fun.

going on a lil vacation in the fall then it's back home to work/ school again

I’m in love with myself. It’s pretty cool here. Although if a sugar daddy offered me his pension I wouldn’t turn it down for a tummy tuck. Cause … yanno….

I gotta pack tonight and tomorrow. I still need a pair of shoes. I have two days to find something that will work.

Almost two hours to go at work. And then in turn to fight traffic.

I want a salad for dinner. A salmon house salad. With a mixed drink.

Sooooooo, no shoes so I’m going to wing the dress outfit with a pair of shoes I already have.

My girlfriend dropped some shoes off to me but they are all heels. I’m not feeling it with this knee. I need some wedges or platform type shoes.

Flo is trying to visit right now. I am not amused at ALL. :rolleyes:

grocery shopping early tomorrow morning then laundry

I gotta start cooking breakfast. my usual cereal and milk w/ side of fruit isn't cutting it. by 10am I start to feel light headed.

Greek yogurt was a no-go. I always feel bloated after I eat it smh. I do like granola though

I bring lunch to work every day and I cook dinner as well throughout the week

Girl, if you
don't have time
to cook breakfast do
what I do:
Have dinner for
breakfast or have
brunch...(aka an
early lunch). There
is no rule that
determines what
meal to eat when.
You need fuel
to get you
through the day.

Make your first
meal, whenever it
is, your largest or
most packed with
fuel to carry you
through the day.

@CoiledOrchids I love breakfast foods, but I'm never hungry in the mornings.

My breakfast usually consists of a mug of coffee and a hard boiled egg. Then around 10am I drink a protein shake to keep some calories on my stomach. Also, drink a ton of water all day.

I finally want real food around noon. Lunch is my biggest and heaviest meal. Then, I eat lighter the rest of the day and usually end with fruit at night.

I agree with @PatDM'T. I pretty much let my body guide me. I'm not a big breakfast in the morning person and never will be. I tried eating food first thing in the morning (with kids/husband) and I felt bloated and sluggish. It's so much easier to eat my way now that I'm single and kids are grown.

grocery shopping early tomorrow morning then laundry

I gotta start cooking breakfast. my usual cereal and milk w/ side of fruit isn't cutting it. by 10am I start to feel light headed.

Greek yogurt was a no-go. I always feel bloated after I eat it smh. I do like granola though

I bring lunch to work every day and I cook dinner as well throughout the week
You need protein to start the day. There is vegan Greek yogurt if you want the protein without the dairy/bloating.

Protein smoothies could be an option.

Meal prepping is something to consider as well (breakfast sandwiches, frittata, overnight oats, etc)

@PatDM'T @sunnieb @lavaflow99 thanks yall for the advice/tips. Yes i definitely need to increase my protein, especially in the mornings. I like all sorts of things but i especially love a good hearty sausage and potato breakfast skillet with eggs, cheese, onions and bell peppers. I also like western omlettes, oatmeal, and blueberry muffins, ect.

for lunches and dinners, i switch it up. today for dinner i'm making tacos and tomorrow for sunday dinner is pot roast with veggies

I’m so tired. My whole schedule is off due to the drive. 6 hours. I felt bad for Bae so I drove half. He talking about you sure ? Soon as I started driving he was as knocked out.

I barely made my son breakfast and his lunch. I ate a boiled egg and banana. Threw an outfit together for work. I feel off. Didn’t wash any clothes lolol

I can’t wait to get home.

Back