it's a permanent block for me. Men really have the audacity to write crap like this. I would never in a million years entertain anything like this.

Why do men think we owe them sex if we go on a date with them? I've experienced this years ago and in high school. I'm glad I refused to do anything. I respect myself way too much for any of this.

I have faith that one day the right person will find me and make me glad to realize I never settled for less.

and on a side note, Chili and Matthew Lawrence are cute together. I'm glad to see they are still going strong
I believe entitlement is the deep issue which is to cover up deep wounds on both sides. I feel both men and women have deep issues that society needs to correct but by design there is no incentive to correct as the old saying what one person won’t someone else will but it’s often about behavior that shouldn’t be ok.

I was actively looking up to 2022 and last yr I wasn’t losing enough weight to feel like yes I’m at my best so I can be seen by the equal of caliber.

Now I’m more or less neutral esp as my reality doesn’t really open me to connections.

I'm not knocking this woman because she's a beautiful girl but she looks sad in the first three pictures and the mile looks forced in the lingerie pic. I'm on board with the concept of take yourself out but go do the stuff you want to do not what you think will look good for the gram.

I'm not knocking this woman because she's a beautiful girl but she looks sad in the first three pictures and the mile looks forced in the lingerie pic. I'm on board with the concept of take yourself out but go do the stuff you want to do not what you think will look good for the gram.

The women on the pictures are all random women in different counties from Instagram :)

Anyone else with an online dating profile seeing an uptick of attention from others after this whole black wife/black GF effect trend hit social media?
You mean more non black suitors wanting to try something new? I wouldn’t be surprised. I don’t have a profile anymore as it didn’t yield.

did a cute twistout today using mousse def for the kids kindergarten moving up ceremony.

I actually really like the mousse def for twistouts. It's the only mousse that didn't leave flakes.

I got a new yoga mat so now I can do yoga and pilates yasssss

I also want to take a dance class but I'm scared

I'm looking into which one to buy- a weighted vests vs. rucking weights for a backpack.

I think I'm ready to take this 'walking life' -up a notch.

Next will be at home youtube video workouts.

Who knows, maybe by the winter I'll be deadlifting some weights in a gym (who me??) lol.

I’m really trying to build the life I would like without a partner. Trying to figure out the type of lifestyle I would want if I never found someone. It is really disappointing.

I thought dating would be fun and exciting as a young girl. I thought it would be filled with wining, dining, and romanticism. I can barely even find one date, much less a second. It’s been almost a year since I’ve been on a date, and no prospects nor have any men approached me.

I feel as though men have so many more options in dating. They are the choosers. Guys who are unaccomplished with nothing to go for them will still have choices in women. I feel like a decent person but I have almost no choice, so I always feel as though I have to make due. Mostly due to my appearance.

I get so insecure when I go out and see other women. I always compare myself and wish I could look like them. I’m really trying to lean myself off of the pressure to spend hours and hours on my appearance when I go to bars and clubs. I spend like 2 hours or more on my hair and make up before going out. Then, if no men approach me or ask me for my number, I feel worthless. I go to the gym 5x a week. I pray for God to release me from my insecurity of not feeling attractive.

I’m more focused on my career, making money as well as taking care of my rental property.
Such is life… I just have to make peace with it. I still feel sort of desperate.

I'm jumping back onto fitness as well. I'm not happy with the way I look at all. I want to work out consistently starting today.

I just need to really increase my water intake and eat clean.

I got a couple gallons of alkaline water last week. I just gotta figure out lunch.

I purchased a 10lb rucking weight. It arrived last night.

I'll add an additional 10 when im ready and go from there.

I saw this online and I agree with the lady that made this response.

I don't want any one adding unnecessary stress and insecurities to my peaceful life... and I will continue to do the work to be my best, most authentic, healed self.

Full happy life before a partner.

1000030721.jpg

A lot of folks will not be ready then. But let me mind my biz.

of course!

There are people that are "ready" based on the criteria she provided at 25+/- years of age, others at 45+ yrs old.

Some it takes longer.. some will never be in a solid position to be anyone's husband or wife.. yet they are ready to jump into it.

And some turn lemons into lemonade with their pairing situation.

..*and of course - divorce, mediore and/or unhappy marriages are always an option.

(no thanks for me on anything that resembles struggle, but everything is not for everyone)

Last edited:
of course!

There are people that are "ready" based on the criteria she provided at 25 years of age old, others at 55+
Some it takes longer.. some never.

And there are those that turn lemons into lemonade with their pairing situation.

..*and divorce, mediore and/or unhappy marriages are always an option.

(no thanks for me on anything that resembles struggle, but everything is not for everyone)
Struggle is an allergic reaction for me. I love love but trauma so distorts folks view which is sad.

I saw this online and I agree with the lady that made this response.

I don't want any one adding unnecessary stress and insecurities to my peaceful life... and I will continue to do the work to be my best, most authentic, healed self.

Full happy life before a partner.

View attachment 497197
Well dang. I went 0/3 on this list lol but I agree it's a good goal.

yall. I'm so annoyed right now.

I tried to register for summer courses this afternoon and my account was locked. I tried to retrieve my school email and apparently it expired so the website told me to reapply as a non degree student and I guess they'll generate a new school email for me.

and then the real deal is that classes start next week so I'm not sure if I'll be able to register on time. so now I'll probably be taking my 2 classes in the fall

yall. I'm so annoyed right now.

I tried to register for summer courses this afternoon and my account was locked. I tried to retrieve my school email and apparently it expired so the website told me to reapply as a non degree student and I guess they'll generate a new school email for me.

and then the real deal is that classes start next week so I'm not sure if I'll be able to register on time. so now I'll probably be taking my 2 classes in the fall
I would call again if it is not too late to register.

I would call again if it is not too late to register.
Update: I just got off the phone with my school's IT department and they had to reset my password completely. I made sure to write down the new pw and take a pic of it. I am now registered for my summer course that starts next week. It's an online class so i can just log in after work and do it at my own pace

I decided to only take 1 class instead of two. I want to enjoy my summer. I'm taking developmental psych and might take stats in the fall

Update: I just got off the phone with my school's IT department and they had to reset my password completely. I made sure to write down the new pw and take a pic of it. I am now registered for my summer course that starts next week. It's an online class so i can just log in after work and do it at my own pace

I decided to only take 1 class instead of two. I want to enjoy my summer. I'm taking developmental psych and might take stats in the fall
That’s what I’m talking about!! I’m taking one class starting next week too. So I am preparing myself, kids, and home this weekend so I can get off to a good start.

Last edited:
That’s what I’m talking about!! I’m taking one class stating next week too. So I am preparing myself, kids, and home this weekend so I can get off to a good start.
yes I have a stack of one subject notebooks, pens and sugar free mints. I'm ready. I plan on paying my tuition bill on Monday morning since I'm off of work until July 8th.

I'll be cleaning and doing a mini reset to prep my mind. Healthy eating and regular exercise helps.

other than that, I'm doing a 5k envelope savings challenge, which I'd going well. I ended up filling my first 10 envelopes.

I'm saving money all summer ☀️

started my online class today. It's really not bad at all. I was super intimidated jumping back into school after such a long break but i'm starting to get the hang of it. I need to do a little each day but I only have 2 exams thank god. I have to log-in at least 2-3 times per week but i'm gonna be online daily doing the readings and making sure i understand the material. I have short quizzes at the end of each chapter. I'm only allowed 2 attempts per quiz.

i'm taking lots of notes, trying to pace myself. So far. so good. I'm manifesting a passing grade in this course!

Back