Show Us Your Ring

Y'all are BLANGIN' in here! :lachen: Congrats! I see a lot of great ideas for my (eventual) upgrade! :giggle:

Here's my measly ring set. :lol: I love it because it's somewhat unique.

Attachments

• IMAG2881.jpg
    IMAG2881.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 1,075
he put a ring on it 3 days before Christmas. :)

engagementring1_zps714dece2-1_zps23ef3dd5-1_zps07ffcc2b-1_zps37fa1294.jpg

Side view (that blue gem is a sapphire)
engagementsideviewsapphire_zps6a4ad75c-1_zpsf7b667db.jpg

Last edited:
Super simple, but it was exactly what I wanted. FH did a great job, even if it wasn't the ring HE wanted :lachen:

Less than 200 days til the big day, ah!

ForumRunner_20130105_134707.jpg

We have all this "natural lighting" which is terrible for pictures so not sure how clear they are since I took them with my camera phone. Took them in two different rooms since lighting is different.

Ok back to admiring all or your bling. :grin:

Last edited:
I haven't taken my rings to be cleaned on a decade. Wrong for that! This is my pair. I have been wanting a new ring exactly like one posted here. I'm believing for it soon!

image-1730024448.jpg

IMG_2831.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG

IMG_2865.JPG

IMG_2864.JPG

Now calm down ladies. This ain't mine...YET. This is my engagement ring model. It's faux, but an exact replica of what I want. My mom bought it for me from a vendor at the Yellow Daisy Festival at Stone Mnt years ago. I fell in love with it instantly- and now that I'm 3 weeks shy of 24 it's still my favorite ring- Testament that it's stood the test of time.

It's funny the first time I wore it was on the 2nd date with the guy I'm seeing now. We even joked about it during the NYE couple's dinner.

*Flash Back* I was 18 year's old rocking this huge faux diamond at Morton's Steakhouse. It was pretty ridiculous b/c the ring didn't fit so I had on one of those plastic ring guards. Surrounded by grown people with real money. In the elevator going to dinner I told Mike the ring was not real. He leaned in and said, "We're working on changing that." :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Here's a pic of my ring, I got engaged right before Thanksgiving. It might be hard to see it but it's a heart shaped center stone, I love it!!:grin:

does anyone have a moissanite ring? i'm thinking of getting a moissy band to complete my set. its more refractive so it'll add more bling than i'd get if i got a matching diamond band for my e-ring.

So FH gave me his grandmother's ring as a placeholder (its gold and amethyst) but he told me hes been looking at ring books and online for something. He wanted to surprised me but I told him I wanted to see them. Yeah NO:lachen: He picked some that would be nice...just not my style. I love him for trying. I decided I didn't want a diamond but a moissanite or white sapphire. I would like to wear my ring everyday and not worry to much about the potential of damaging it. Plus its cheaper to get the carat I want in a non-diamond.

I picked this one and told him I liked it: ie she should buy it:lachen:Sorry if its too big I took it off the website:
4002L-1_1.jpg

So FH gave me his grandmother's ring as a placeholder (its gold and amethyst) but he told me hes been looking at ring books and online for something. He wanted to surprised me but I told him I wanted to see them. Yeah NO:lachen: He picked some that would be nice...just not my style. I love him for trying. I decided I didn't want a diamond but a moissanite or white sapphire. I would like to wear my ring everyday and not worry to much about the potential of damaging it. Plus its cheaper to get the carat I want in a non-diamond.

I picked this one and told him I liked it: ie she should buy it:lachen:Sorry if its too big I took it off the website:
4002L-1_1.jpg

honestly i didn't really learn about moissanites until i was on the wedding boards after i got engaged. I love my diamond e-ring but I think I might have asked FH to get a 1.25 moissy. Getting a good cut and clarity of that size in diamond would be about 10K. i really didn't want FH to spend more than 5K especially if I end only wearing my band after we marry. you can get a lovely moissy set for under $1,500. plus you don't have to worry about the conflict associated with diamonds if that's something that concerns you.

your ring will sparkle more than a diamond because of moissy's refractive properties. at 1 carat you will be distracted by the ring for a while. :lol:

Back