SHOULDER LENGTH 2011 CHALLENGE!

The funny thing is I don't do it for retention haha. I do it because my hair starts to look greasy or im lazy and throw it in a thing on top of my head lol. plus my mother told me my hair was thinning where I normally place my bun and I don't like my bun anywhere else so I like to give that spot a break and just wear it down.

Wore my natural hair "out" for the first time this week. An experimental twist out that I ended up pulling back all week into a low puff.

Took this pic, today so its almost a week old now. I hate how my hair in the front is so heat trained the ends won't really curl. But overall, just happy to have enough hair to pull back and to feel comfortable/cute wearing my real hair.

Attachments

• twistout puff.jpg
    twistout puff.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 60
Since we're in October already (amazing how time just flies by) I'm wondering who is gonna carry on the torch and make a SL 2012 challenge for those who haven't made it yet. I will more than likely create the APL 2012 challenge with help from @faithVA (hopefully) and @Imani has begun the BSL 2012 challenge already. We need to make sure that the support we had for each other in here is spread throughout all the challenges no matter what length we're trying to achieve. LHCF needs more of that IMO.

I have been stalking this challenge on and off for months and I am ready to get serious about SL. How do I start a challenge? Any tips?

NikkiQ I will prob be joining APL 2012 whenever you start it, I don't think I'm gonna make it this year.

I've decided to make my goal for 2012 BSL instead of MBL. Takes the pressure off and gives me plenty of wiggle room for trims

I was kind of thinking about that too. My goal for Dec 2012 has always been MBL, but now I'm thinking I'm going to shoot for something more like growing and retaining 8" in 2012....uhg, IDK... and like you said I still need to think about the occassional trim.

My normal growth rate is 0.5" but with my sulfur I'm consistently averaging over 0.75"...we'll see. Regardless, I still need to complete this SL challenge so I can join ya'll in APL 2012!

I have been stalking this challenge on and off for months and I am ready to get serious about SL. How do I start a challenge? Any tips?

ChocolatePanther

It's pretty easy. Once you create the challenge thread itself, the participants will flock to it. The guidelines are always something left up to the challenge creator. You can make it open to anyone at all times or give them a deadline to join; monthly updates or none; pick a starting and ending date; etc. I'm still trying to figure out everything I want to include in the APL 2012 if no one beats me to it lol

Hey Guys, just-subscribed-long-time-lurker here :P My nape and stuff are on their way to APL, but my crown and sides haven't reached Full SL yet, so I will stay in this challenge until they do so. It's been inspring watching you ladies do your thing and reach your goals when I was lurking, and today I figured I should join in the fun :)

Hey ChocolatePanther,

Do you want to join a challenge or really start a challenge?

To start a challenge, I usually just find an old challenge thread, go to the 1st post and copy and paste the original challenge. I start a new thread and then modify the info based on the rules I want for this challenge.

If you want to join a challenge and its still open, just read the 1st post and follow whatever instructions are there.

I know some ladies are waiting for SL 2012. Go for it.

Any October graduates yet ladies???

NikkiQ
Well, October 22 makes me 1 year post relaxer (and I had one trim of about 0.25-0.5" in March). I was hoping to be to Sl by my 1 year mark, although I set my goal date for December. I got cornrows Oct 1 and I'm going to take them out at the end of the month to see if I made SL. So we'll see:spinning: Ooooh, I hope so:dizzy:

NikkiQ
Well, October 22 makes me 1 year post relaxer (and I had one trim of about 0.25-0.5" in March). I was hoping to be to Sl by my 1 year mark, although I set my goal date for December. I got cornrows Oct 1 and I'm going to take them out at the end of the month to see if I made SL. So we'll see:spinning: Ooooh, I hope so:dizzy:

Charla we can't wait to see!! How close were you before getting the cornrows in?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

Thanks, NikkiQ ! OMG, I hope so, especially since SL is the longest I've ever been...get past that and I can get to any length!

Once you're over the SL slump,then you'll see that getting to other lengths will be a piece of cake.

I haven't done a length check in a while. I'm quite scared to be honest lol

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

Checking in. Still inching toward SL. Using ovation and sulfur regularly; protecting my ends, and taking my vitamins.

NikkiQ Thank you! I am on Twitter, Facebook, and have every tech gadget imaginable, but I feel so behind the times on this forum. I don't know whether to quote, multiquote, or quick reply :lol: (thus, my lurking). I will take a look at some other threads and create the SL 2012 challenge unless someone beats me to it.

@ChocolatePanther

It's pretty easy. Once you create the challenge thread itself, the participants will flock to it. The guidelines are always something left up to the challenge creator. You can make it open to anyone at all times or give them a deadline to join; monthly updates or none; pick a starting and ending date; etc. I'm still trying to figure out everything I want to include in the APL 2012 if no one beats me to it lol

faithVA I want to create a challenge. I am a little concerned about my post frequency, but I believe that if I devote a little more time to my hair it will grow. So, I thought I would step-up to to hold myself accountable. Thanks for the tips!

Hey @ChocolatePanther,

Do you want to join a challenge or really start a challenge?

To start a challenge, I usually just find an old challenge thread, go to the 1st post and copy and paste the original challenge. I start a new thread and then modify the info based on the rules I want for this challenge.

If you want to join a challenge and its still open, just read the 1st post and follow whatever instructions are there.

I know some ladies are waiting for SL 2012. Go for it.

[USER=71961 said:
ChocolatePanther[/USER];14456739]@faithVA I want to create a challenge. I am a little concerned about my post frequency, but I believe that if I devote a little more time to my hair it will grow. So, I thought I would step-up to to hold myself accountable. Thanks for the tips!

Well realize when you start a length challenge, you are committing to an entire year. If you have some great people in the challenge they may keep it rolling for you. But often if the host isn't present on a regular basis the thread collects dusts. What do you think your post frequency will be?

I do challenges to hold myself accountable as well but I either do a short challenge (3 months) or a niche challenge that doesn't have a lot of participants.

Not trying to discourage you but think about it before you commit to such a big challenge.

Well realize when you start a length challenge, you are committing to an entire year. If you have some great people in the challenge they may keep it rolling for you. But often if the host isn't present on a regular basis the thread collects dusts. What do you think your post frequency will be?

I do challenges to hold myself accountable as well but I either do a short challenge (3 months) or a niche challenge that doesn't have a lot of participants.

Not trying to discourage you but think about it before you commit to such a big challenge.

I did the BSL 2010 Challenge and yes I was like wow this is a commitment LOL
I so did enjoy it though to the fullest :)

NikkiQ and faithVA bride91501 Imani

Ok, ladies, tell me what you think? What length can I claim? Haha! I hate to even ask, but I'm just so proud of myself for going from 0" to this! It reaches to my collarbone in 2nd pic. In 1st pic, if you can visualize, I have about another 1/2 inch under my DH finger, so you can't see the full length.

I took out my cornrows today. All this growth is since my last relaxer of Oct 22, 2010 plus I trimmed about 0.25-0.5" in March.

Attachments

• IMG_3726.jpg
    IMG_3726.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3725.jpg
    IMG_3725.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Charla

Whatchu mean you "hate to even ask"? You do realize this is LHCF right? :lol:

From what I can see, I'd claim Full SL/CBL. Your hair clearly stretches beyond your shoulders in the back, and when stretched in the front (where it's sometimes harder to see length), you're CBL.

Looks like you should be moving on to the APL challenge to me :grin: Congrats missy!!

Charla

Whatchu mean you "hate to even ask"? You do realize this is LHCF right? :lol:

From what I can see, I'd claim Full SL/CBL. Your hair clearly stretches beyond your shoulders in the back, and when stretched in the front (where it's sometimes harder to see length), you're CBL.

Looks like you should be moving on to the APL challenge to me :grin: Congrats missy!!

bride91501
No way?! Way?! Full SL was my December goal (see siggy)!! To make it 2 months earlier is AWESOME:dance7:
I'm so excited that I feel like I need to yell it to everybody!!! Possibly be on the lookout for a full thread:lachen:

Back