SHOULDER LENGTH 2011 CHALLENGE!

@NikkiQ and @faithVA @bride91501 @Imani

Ok, ladies, tell me what you think? What length can I claim? Haha! I hate to even ask, but I'm just so proud of myself for going from 0" to this! It reaches to my collarbone in 2nd pic. In 1st pic, if you can visualize, I have about another 1/2 inch under my DH finger, so you can't see the full length.

I took out my cornrows today. All this growth is since my last relaxer of Oct 22, 2010 plus I trimmed about 0.25-0.5" in March.

I say claim SL and be proud of it. If SL stretched reaches to your collarbone you straightened you would probably have an inch more.

:congrats:

I think I am SL....but mi nuh know:perplexed: I'm too anxious to think I made it. Like I must be seeing things.....arrgghhh. I took 20 million pics today, analysing where my neck ends and shoulder starts, and where full SL would be on me. Comparing pics from last month and all kinda things. I shouldn't have did another length check till Dec. Curiosity dun killed this cat. Imma braid this hair up this weekend. Get my mind off it. I should join that "no more length check' challenge that's floating around. :lachen: Debating if I should post a pic so you guys can see.

I think I am SL....but mi nuh know:perplexed: I'm too anxious to think I made it. Like I must be seeing things.....arrgghhh. I took 20 million pics today, analysing where my neck ends and shoulder starts, and where full SL would be on me. Comparing pics from last month and all kinda things. I shouldn't have did another length check till Dec. Curiosity dun killed this cat. Imma braid this hair up this weekend. Get my mind off it. I should join that "no more length check' challenge that's floating around. :lachen: Debating if I should post a pic so you guys can see.

Ummmm bajandoc86 you better post pictures!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

NikkiQ I dont think my mentions are working...lately I have not been getting them :ohwell: So I'm now seeing your post. And with all the 'THAT ain't SL drama' i'm a lil hesitant. :perplexed: I think imma wait till i'm APL...then claim SL. :lachen:

@NikkiQ I dont think my mentions are working...lately I have not been getting them :ohwell: So I'm now seeing your post. And with all the 'THAT ain't SL drama' i'm a lil hesitant. :perplexed: I think imma wait till i'm APL...then claim SL. :lachen:

@bajancdoc86, If you aren't ready to share your progess that's definitely understandable. But the challenge thread is a much more supportive group than posting a thread out on the open forum.

Most challenges are usually safe havens where people have shared goals and the rules have been specified at the beginning.

So when you are ready to share, remember this challenge is your support group.

Let someone roll up into 1 of my challenges and start some stuff, yeah, y'all haven't seen that side of me yet. It may be a whole lot of banning going on :look:

This challenge is the only place I posted my SL pics when I made it b/c you know how LHCF is with claiming any length. We're a totally different group in here. We encourage. If you're not SL, we won't jump down your throat or anything. That's why a lot of us have stayed in here even after hitting our goal lol

NikkiQ that is definitely true.....this thread has always been very encouraging....AND drama free. Looking at my pics again, I think I will be FULL SL come dec. Will post a pic this evening when I get home. Mind you I'm in the HYH challenge...so shhhh don't tell nobody. :lachen: :rofl:

So...this is my progress mini-update.

I have been pretty consistent with my braiding regimen. My hair looks SO much healthier than March of this yr when I first joined. *cringes at the memory*

I just stretched a random piece of hair. It isn't blowdried or anything. I think I'll make SL by Dec....I sure hope so. I REALLY wanna be able to join the APL 2012 challenge. Without further ado....
Length lines now added....1st purple line is scraping SL. 2nd purple line is proper SL. Yellow Line is APL.

LengthGoalpic.jpg

Last edited:
So...this is my progress mini-update.

I have been pretty consistent with my braiding regimen. My hair looks SO much healthier than March of this yr when I first joined. *cringes at the memory*

I just stretched a random piece of hair. It isn't blowdried or anything. I think I'll make SL by Dec....I sure hope so. I REALLY wanna be able to join the APL 2012 challenge. Without further ado....

Congratulations on your progress bajandoc86. I hear you about having healthier hair.

And I think its very possible for you to make SL by December. Whatever happens in December, don't let that keep you from joining the APL 2012 challenge when it starts next month. Many of us were in the SL and APL challenges even though we weren't even close to SL. So please join us. You are too close not to. :yep:

Can ya'll believe THAT is still going on? SMH! I almost brought up the point that my LC doesn't look any different than the other grads in this thread, but I did not want to be responsible for those folks comin all up in here trying to tear folks down!

Soooooooo when's that APL thread starting up?:grin:

Can ya'll believe THAT is still going on? SMH! I almost brought up the point that my LC doesn't look any different than the other grads in this thread, but I did not want to be responsible for those folks comin all up in here trying to tear folks down!

Unfortunately I can. It hasn't really gotten that bad yet. If it gets worse it will get locked. But it really is farely tame in there compared to some threads. :yep:

And I plead the fifth on the APL thread. :blush:

ooooh - did you write something in invisible ink :lachen: I've never seen that before. :lol:

faithVA :lachen: it's white font color woman. you do that to be sneaky.

Charla yeah I got fussed at for defending you in there so I stayed out of it. After being called dramatic and crap, I don't have time for it.

APL 2012 is starting October 31st :yep:

I am shoulder length. My goal was APL but dang it is a beast. It took me a year to get to fulll SL and it will take another year to get to APL. My retention is not that great.

But I am ready for the challenge to start! I feel I get the best growth December-May.

@faithVA :lachen: it's white font color woman. you do that to be sneaky.

@Charla yeah I got fussed at for defending you in there so I stayed out of it. After being called dramatic and crap, I don't have time for it.

It's not me being sneaky. It was Charla. I didn't see it until I quoted her and I was like what in the world.

I really want to try that. It's like mumbling under your breath in text :yep:

I with you NikkiQ. Nonie can handle 20 of them. She is a tough sister. I keep my mouth closed because I will get banned. And I have 4, 5 20 challenges going on right now. Can't afford to get banned. :nono:

They started getting all anatomical. So now it's scapular length and not 'shoulders'. Ask anyone to put their hands on your shoulders....and see what they do. They not gonna put their hands on ur scapulae! But whateva. *shrugs* To me, it wasn't that down to the 'anatomical letter'.

@faithVA :lachen: it's white font color woman. you do that to be sneaky.

@Charla yeah I got fussed at for defending you in there so I stayed out of it. After being called dramatic and crap, I don't have time for it.

With all my heart, I appreciate you ladies! I can't even express...
:kiss:

Last edited:
Well realize when you start a length challenge, you are committing to an entire year. If you have some great people in the challenge they may keep it rolling for you. But often if the host isn't present on a regular basis the thread collects dusts. What do you think your post frequency will be?

I do challenges to hold myself accountable as well but I either do a short challenge (3 months) or a niche challenge that doesn't have a lot of participants.

Not trying to discourage you but think about it before you commit to such a big challenge.

faithVA I could commit to twice a month, but I don't think that's frequent enough. I think the more active the challenge the more useful the challenge. I have a small tax business and it will definitely be hard for me to post from February to April. Your comment on accountability is one of the reasons I thought to even host a challenge. I will definitely think about commitment level before I start a challenge. Thanks!

It's not me being sneaky. It was Charla. I didn't see it until I quoted her and I was like what in the world.

I really want to try that. It's like mumbling under your breath in text :yep:

I with you NikkiQ. Nonie can handle 20 of them. She is a tough sister. I keep my mouth closed because I will get banned. And I have 4, 5 20 challenges going on right now. Can't afford to get banned. :nono:

What? Huh? I'm gone for a few days and I miss something?! Dang! *runs to read past posts/threads*

Anyway- soooo excited about APL 2012!!!! I'm even going to be bold as hizzy and join the BSL 2012 if I can....wasn't even my goal length but can't knock a girl for trying!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

Hi Ladies! it's been a while since I've been on.. you know, LIFE happens! lol but it's GREAT to see that everyone is going strong with reaching their SL goals and moving on to the next length. Although I have joined the APL in 2012 challenge, I've told myself that I am going to focus on healthy hair, and I'm sure a by-product of that will be more length.

I will say I am pleased with my hair.. My hair is thicker than I thought it would be and I'm anxious to see how I will look with longer lengths!

HHG!!

What? Huh? I'm gone for a few days and I miss something?! Dang! *runs to read past posts/threads*

Anyway- soooo excited about APL 2012!!!! I'm even going to be bold as hizzy and join the BSL 2012 if I can....wasn't even my goal length but can't knock a girl for trying!

Newnyer u too? I'm pumped about the apl challenge. I geeked that I'm even in a position to consider BSL. HHG

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Newnyer u too? I'm pumped about the apl challenge. I geeked that I'm even in a position to consider BSL. HHG

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

HHG to you too!! Staying on these challenges keeps me accountable because I know laziness can easily kick in & my regimen will go out the window. Ya'll keep me sane, too, because no one is more critical about my hair than me. Lol.

Back