SHOULDER LENGTH 2011 CHALLENGE!

Is anyone getting ready to change their reggie for the winter months?

This will be my first winter in this area and they are harsher than where I'm from (Southern girl:grin:). I was kinda BSing on moisturizing this summer, like literally I'd go almost a week without moisturizing sometimes:blush:; so I'ma get back on that, at least every 3 days. I usually seal with just EVOO but I'm thinking I'm going to add something heavier on the ends; I have some Oyin Pomade (the limited berry smelling scent :lick:) so maybe I'll try that.

I'm in that get two inches by the end of the year challenge, so I need to grow and retain 2 inches. And also get back any length I lose when I trim next week. So really I'm looking at trying to get more than 2 inches.

I'm going to pay much more attention to the health and condition of my ends this winter. I struggle to retain, so I'm going to make it a priority.

Is anyone getting ready to change their reggie for the winter months?

This will be my first winter in this area and they are harsher than where I'm from (Southern girl:grin:). I was kinda BSing on moisturizing this summer, like literally I'd go almost a week without moisturizing sometimes:blush:; so I'ma get back on that, at least every 3 days. I usually seal with just EVOO but I'm thinking I'm going to add something heavier on the ends; I have some Oyin Pomade (the limited berry smelling scent :lick:) so maybe I'll try that.

I'm in that get two inches by the end of the year challenge, so I need to grow and retain 2 inches. And also get back any length I lose when I trim next week. So really I'm looking at trying to get more than 2 inches.

NoVA isn't too cold so you shouldn't have to change your regi too much. The slightly heavier oils should do and keeping your ends tucked :yep:

Can't wait to see the results of this length check. Don't trim it yet, wait until the spring when you really wear your hair out more. :yep:

NoVA isn't too cold so you shouldn't have to change your regi too much. The slightly heavier oils should do and keeping your ends tucked :yep:

Can't wait to see the results of this length check. Don't trim it yet, wait until the spring when you really wear your hair out more. :yep:

I HAVE to trim. I haven't had a real trim since Feb and a light dusting/search and destroy in April that I did myself. I have split ends. Don't want them to work their way up.

This girl who trims my hair has never cut off too much hair before so I'm not too worried about it.

I HAVE to trim. I haven't had a real trim since Feb and a light dusting/search and destroy in April that I did myself. I have split ends. Don't want them to work their way up.

This girl who trims my hair has never cut off too much hair before so I'm not too worried about it.

Ok, didn't know it had been that long. Then trim away. Will be waiting for the pics. :yep:

Straightened and trimmed today...about 1/2"-1" around and it was horrible...my ends feel like sandpaper and my hair did NOT get straight. It's wrapped right now, in the hopes that by tomorrow (I don't have to work today) it will be okay. I am going to get some hair and make some clip in extensions to add some length and fullness (not too much!) and wear it straight on my trip to D.C. this weekend.

Anyway, so this straightening process made me hate my hair, and I love my hair and so therefore, will not be straightening it again anytime soon!

I feel comfortable claiming sl now.

Sent from my VM670 using VM670

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1316526748046.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1316526748046.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 50
I am lovin my install right now, but I think I want something else. This one didn't survive the wedding and honeymoon very well. My braids are kinda loose already so I'm trying to think of other styles that I can have done that will last til the end of the year. My stylist does tree braids too, but idk if my butt can last sitting in a chair for that long again.

NikkiQ, welcome back. I saw your pix and you looked fantastic.

On a different note is there anyone who will make it APL by dec apart from Imani. I dont think i will. I have just given up stressing and hopefully I will make it by march/April 2012

^^^Thanks! Its glad to be back.

I don't think I'll make it to APL either. Hopefully by April I can claim APL. That's my goal.

NikkiQ, welcome back. I saw your pix and you looked fantastic.

On a different note is there anyone who will make it APL by dec apart from Imani. I dont think i will. I have just given up stressing and hopefully I will make it by march/April 2012

Haha, judgement day (lenth check and trim) is coming soon so until then I am not banking on making it by dec.

I was about to lie and say I'm not stressing it either. But yeah, this is closest I've ever been and I want it sooo bad! Not gonna lie, lol.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using SGH-T839

[USER=13643 said:
Imani[/USER];14266495]Haha, judgement day (lenth check and trim) is coming soon so until then I am not banking on making it by dec.

I was about to lie and say I'm not stressing it either. But yeah, this is closest I've ever been and I want it sooo bad! Not gonna lie, lol.

So what is the exact time down to the minute that these pictures will be posted. I will need to set my timer so I can check promptly. The anxiety is getting to me. :lol:

So what is the exact time down to the minute that these pictures will be posted. I will need to set my timer so I can check promptly. The anxiety is getting to me. :lol:

:lol: If it looks a short hot mess I may not be posting any pics:lol::look: But hopefully Monday or Tuesday of next week

:lol: If it looks a short hot mess I may not be posting any pics:lol::look: But hopefully Monday or Tuesday of next week

So you are going to make us wait the rest of this week, the whole weekend and then up to 2 whole days next week? You are a cruel one Imani. Cruel I say, cruel. And then she said hopefully. Did y'all catch that? Dang! I'm just sayin!

And it won't look a short hot mess. I've already seen your twist. So I know there won't be any shortness or messiness going on.

Its almost the end of September! Hope all u ladies w/September goal dates are making good progress. If not, no worries, there's still 3 more months to go!

This year is winding down pretty fast. I'm still surprised no one has started a SL 2012, APL 2012 OR a BSL 2012 yet.

BSL 2012 might be coming soon tho....:sekret:

Ok so, def not apl. And the trim wasn't that bad at all even after the scary detangling. It does feel longer tho so I am happy to just still be moving forward

But omg, they were so rough combing my hair out. Doesn't look like it hurt my progress, but def lost hair unnecessarily. I've learned my lesson and will ALWAYS thoroughly do my own detangle before I go to a salon again. It wasn't that bad before but now my hair is longer and thicker and also harder to detangle bc I stopped using heat all the time. It just seems like im paying all this money and I go to salons that specialize in natural hair, I shouldnt have to do work detangling then turn around and pay somebody on top of that. But I see now that's what ima have to do. Good thing is I don't go to salons too often.

And its funny how people love to say my hair is "thick" when its not. They just mean that its nappy. Some lady was like wow u must have such a hard time managing all of that "thick" hair. And I was like um no, not at all actually.

*Pics when I get back in town

Ok so, def not apl. And the trim wasn't that bad at all even after the scary detangling. It does feel longer tho so I am happy to just still be moving forward

But omg, they were so rough combing my hair out. Doesn't look like it hurt my progress, but def lost hair unnecessarily. I've learned my lesson and will ALWAYS thoroughly do my own detangle before I go to a salon again. It wasn't that bad before but now my hair is longer and thicker and also harder to detangle bc I stopped using heat all the time. It just seems like im paying all this money and I go to salons that specialize in natural hair, I shouldnt have to do work detangling then turn around and pay somebody on top of that. But I see now that's what ima have to do. Good thing is I don't go to salons too often.

And its funny how people love to say my hair is "thick" when its not. They just mean that its nappy. Some lady was like wow u must have such a hard time managing all of that "thick" hair. And I was like um no, not at all actually.

*Pics when I get back in town

aw sorry to hear that you aren't apl. But I'm thinking you have to be pretty darn close. Whatever it is I can't wait to see it.

At the salons they do comb your hair like they are just ready to be done. Last time I took my comb and let her wash and I detangled it myself. She probably looked at me crazy but oh well.

I just think its going to look beautiful whatever length it is. Swang it a little for me please cuz I don't have swangable hair yet.

aw sorry to hear that you aren't apl. But I'm thinking you have to be pretty darn close. Whatever it is I can't wait to see it.

At the salons they do comb your hair like they are just ready to be done. Last time I took my comb and let her wash and I detangled it myself. She probably looked at me crazy but oh well.

I just think its going to look beautiful whatever length it is. Swang it a little for me please cuz I don't have swangable hair yet.

My hair is crazy tangly. Like u have no idea. I have to soak it in evoo and wet it and let it sit and keep rewetting. Its very messy and still takes 2 to 3 hrs but its the only way I can do it to keep my hair from snapping.

Actually now that the curls are falling a few pcs maaaaay be scraping apl at the nape.

I just cringe at the way they were combing it. Ima have nightmares. I'm joking but serious, lol. Ima detangle my hair soooo good next time beforehand

Flat iron and trim 9/24

Pic 1- Took out my plaits and on the way to the salon. Camera lens was smudged, I realized this and cleaned it later.

Pic2 and 3- right after salon

Pic 4- later after curls fell. pinned up the top to look at length progress in the back.

My hair is finally starting to actually feel kinda long. Getting caught in purse straps, getting caught behind me when I sit back in chairs, eating hair (ew) etc. its actually kind of annoying:look: but i'm happy to have the hair to complain. I still think I can make apl by December. So I guess my reggie is working and I will just stick to it.

Attachments

• smudged puff.jpg
    smudged puff.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 62
  • sept side.jpg
    sept side.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 66
  • sept curled.jpg
    sept curled.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 70
  • sept length.jpg
    sept length.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 71
Your hair looks so lushy and healthy Imani! I love it. I'm sorry you didn't hit APL like you wanted just yet,but it's right around the corner.

Back