SHOULDER LENGTH 2011 CHALLENGE!

:lol: I got a trim coming up in September and my official goal deadline isn't until Dec 31, so I feel good to be this close with still 5 months to spare.

I was just skimming thru the hair p0rn thread looking for inspiration, but almost every last one of them has uber thick hair so I can't realistically expect my hair to look like that. So I took some pics of my progress, I'll just have to inspire myself, :lol:.

you make me wanna do a pull test but I ain't NOWHERE near as close to APL as you are :lachen:

Yay Imani u are super close. You'll DEFINITELY make it by Dec- just keep it up!!

Sent from my MB200 using MB200

you make me wanna do a pull test but I ain't NOWHERE near as close to APL as you are :lachen:

You might be surprised. I was really just kinda playing around one day last month, was bored, and pulled out a piece and was like, "wait what, I'm really that close???" But I just moved and couldn't find my camera, so just now taking pics to get a good look. Its like I needed a pic to make sure I wasn't imagining things. :lol:

You might be surprised. I was really just kinda playing around one day last month, was bored, and pulled out a piece and was like, "wait what, I'm really that close???" But I just moved and couldn't find my camera, so just now taking pics to get a good look. Its like I needed a pic to make sure I wasn't imagining things. :lol:

I'm hoping that I have the shock you had lmao. But I made SL after you did so you have a good amount of length on me. You got APL by December most def lady!

According to the SO last night, he measured from my nape to APL and said it's 8.5 inches. I went into the bathroom and TRIED to do a stretch measure on my hair now and it says that I have about 2.5" til I hit APL. I think either he's full of it or my measuring is so off b/c there's no way I'm that close.

Checking in...and I'm still boring, my September deadline is coming up soon but honestly, I think I already made it in my back lower layers, but I don't want to claim it until I get that last inch or so..hopefully. LOL. Peace and blessings ladies and congrats to all those who have made it thusfar.

Here's an update picture from a few days ago. My nape hair is finally at my shoulders and I'm CLAIMING IT damnit! :lol: The hair behind my ears is at my collar bone. Seemed like my nape was growing slower, but maybe that's because I was constantly measuring it. And actually, I thought the summer months was when hair grew faster?? I swear my hair grew faster during the winter.

SHOULDERLENGTH-vi.jpg

Imani OMG! For some extremely strange reason, I just saw your mention about updates.. Sorry :blush: I've been claiming SL since May but I can't take pics right now cuz my hair is in braids :lol:

Here's an update picture from a few days ago. My nape hair is finally at my shoulders and I'm CLAIMING IT damnit! :lol: The hair behind my ears is at my collar bone. Seemed like my nape was growing slower, but maybe that's because I was constantly measuring it. And actually, I thought the summer months was when hair grew faster?? I swear my hair grew faster during the winter.

SHOULDERLENGTH-vi.jpg

Congrats!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T839 using SGH-T839

I am claiming it!!! I just took out my kinky twist and will be doing a clarifying and steam treatment this weekend, I will post pictures when I am done, but I couldn't wait. :bouncegre:band2::band::creatures:cheers:

I am claiming it!!! I just took out my kinky twist and will be doing a clarifying and steam treatment this weekend, I will post pictures when I am done, but I couldn't wait. :bouncegre:band2::band::creatures:cheers:

Congrats lady!!! We have our first August graduate! :woot:

I think next weekend will be a good time for another pull test pic. I'm currently in Celies and have been doing this for the past 3 weeks or so. These should last me another week, but I'm probably gonna take them down on Wednesday or Thursday and wear my hair out a bit. Plan on getting an install in a few weeks so this'll be the only time I have to play with my hair for a bit. Gonna miss it!

Imani

I did my relaxer on 8/6 and I made it should length :yay:

I will take a pass from HYH Challenge and post a picture later on this evening when I get off work..

Ladies :urock:

I said I was claiming it, and dang nab it, I meant it. So what if at 5'4 I got a really short neck, so what if the front isn't there yet. DANG NAB IT I AM SHOULDER LENGHT!:lachen:

My goal for the end of the year is to have the front reach my shoulders as well. Maybe if I stop being lazy and actually do my treatments I will make it.

Attachments

• sl1.jpg
    sl1.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 24
  • SL2.jpg
    SL2.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 28
  • sl3.jpg
    sl3.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 29
[USER=288970 said:
Phaer[/USER];13973669]I said I was claiming it, and dang nab it, I meant it. So what if at 5'4 I got a really short neck, so what if the front isn't there yet. DANG NAB IT I AM SHOULDER LENGHT!:lachen:

My goal for the end of the year is to have the front reach my shoulders as well. Maybe if I stop being lazy and actually do my treatments I will make it.

Girl why you playing. If you straightened your hair, you are APL. :look:

NikkiQ- Your almost hubby :giggle: is actually probably right. I had my roomie measure my hair about 3 weeks ago & it was 5.5-6.5 inches. When it shrinks up, it looks like it is 2 inches at most :nono: You are 2 months ahead of me in the natural hair journey, so you probably have only 2 more inches until APL! YAY! You will make it by December :yay:

My back is touching my shoulders, but my front & crown are at my ears :nono: So I think I will wait a couple more months before claiming SL...what do you ladies think? Everybody says different things are SL! It is the most confusing length for me :(

My back is touching my shoulders, but my front & crown are at my ears :nono: So I think I will wait a couple more months before claiming SL...what do you ladies think? Everybody says different things are SL! It is the most confusing length for me :(

Quite a few of us claimed it when the back made it to SL. I know some wait until all of it is at SL but unless you trim your hair evening all the time, I don't see how that works out. By the time your crown and front are SL, then your back is BSL.

I say claim it when the back reaches. You can decide what portion of the back you want to start measuring from. I use the hair 2" above my nape for my measurement.

@NikkiQ- Your almost hubby :giggle: is actually probably right. I had my roomie measure my hair about 3 weeks ago & it was 5.5-6.5 inches. When it shrinks up, it looks like it is 2 inches at most :nono: You are 2 months ahead of me in the natural hair journey, so you probably have only 2 more inches until APL! YAY! You will make it by December :yay:

From your lips to God's ears woman lol

Back