SHOULDER LENGTH 2011 CHALLENGE!

by the way for those of you who have hit SL are you changing anything in your Regime. I have decided to change my regime?

I won't be changing my regimen but over the next 6 months I will be switching out products. I don't currently use a leave-in so I will be looking for one of those. And I will be testing products to find one to give me a good twist/braid out.

I think the regimen I created the 1st 6 months of this year will carry me through the next 6.

by the way for those of you who have hit SL are you changing anything in your Regime. I have decided to change my regime?

Nope. Sticking to my same reggie. The only thing that has changed is I added Nioxin to my daily routine. Other than that, it's staying the same.

I've decided to periodically do a protein treatment. Like 2 or 3 times a year. I decided this bc of splitting ends and my hair just feeling overall kinda weak. Other than that, will be doing the same ish for now.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using SGH-T839

i forgot i was in this. im not on here much. anywho.... i texlaxed but its not that much of a difference from my natural texture. if i keep getting single strand knots i'm going to redo it straighter. i lose my hair from cutting twice a year for one reason or another. i've had it.... i don't know if i'm going to be able to claim shoulder length by the end of the year. i doubt it. i think i will be looking more at march or this time next year.

Progress Pics in da house!!!!

100_2281.jpg

100_2288.jpg

Yeah, I know I haven't been in here in a while, but at least I came back with pitchas right?! :look::lol:

I finally made it to SL!!! :bouncy:

How's it going ladies?? I'll be doing a slight flat iron for my HYH challenge reveal today or tomorrow so I'll try to remember to post in here. If it looks a mess....of course I won't be posting it lol

So....I think I may possibly be at SL... (guess I should be happy but since I'm not a good judge I'll be indifferent for now as to not get my hopes up). I have a pic but I don't like my eczema so I'll take another one with a shirt on when my husband gets here.

Congratulations SL graduates. :grin:

Hey ladies! So I'm supposed to be a June graduate... Unfortunately I didn't make full SL as I had hoped, but I think I qualify as SL! I've been rocking braidouts lately, so no recent photos.. But here are some pics from like 2 weeks ago. I plan on doing a sew in this weekend & keeping that up for the next 3-4 months (redo @ 6-8 weeks) I hope to be full SL by then!

a6898ad2-901d-2b3d.jpg

a6898ad2-9051-a8cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Hey ladies TLC1020 checking in,

I am 13 weeks post and still wearing my hair in a bun, I have been wearing my hair in a protective style like crazy, I hope to be pleasantly surprised when I decide to touch-up.. ;)

Hey ladies! So I'm supposed to be a June graduate... Unfortunately I didn't make full SL as I had hoped, but I think I qualify as SL! I've been rocking braidouts lately, so no recent photos.. But here are some pics from like 2 weeks ago. I plan on doing a sew in this weekend & keeping that up for the next 3-4 months (redo @ 6-8 weeks) I hope to be full SL by then!

a6898ad2-901d-2b3d.jpg

a6898ad2-9051-a8cd.jpg

Umm...what?? You look freaking SL to me. We need a pic of the back to be sure.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

Thanks NikkiQ !

These were the best photos I had in my phone ... I haven't had much luck taking pics of the back of my head :-/
My hair is in a braidout style and I plan on weaving it this weekend, so I doubt I'll be able to take a better pic. I suppose I could stretch a section of the back and sides if that'll do? I'll post some pics later..

Thanks @NikkiQ !

These were the best photos I had in my phone ... I haven't had much luck taking pics of the back of my head :-/
My hair is in a braidout style and I plan on weaving it this weekend, so I doubt I'll be able to take a better pic. I suppose I could stretch a section of the back and sides if that'll do? I'll post some pics later..

Hey that's what I did! Just think of it like faithVA said...if it's that length just pulled, it'll probably be longer when you flat iron. If you're anywhere near the length of your pics just stretched, then you'll be SL when you straighten with no problem.

Now that I'm looking at my hair...I don't think I'm SL. Kinda discouraging but hey, I have till Dec 2011 (my official date for SL). Can someone help me out though, how many more inches do I have? 1 maybe 2?

Attachments

• 003kut.jpg
    003kut.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 34
  • 009pup.jpg
    009pup.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 34
Now that I'm looking at my hair...I don't think I'm SL. Kinda discouraging but hey, I have till Dec 2011 (my official date for SL). Can someone help me out though, how many more inches do I have? 1 maybe 2?

What pics you lookin at woman??? You look SL to me too! :lol:

I went lurking in the APL thread and I don't really feel part of that thread yet. I'm just going to hang out in here for a long while :yep:

Heck! If I'm claiming SL, then u r too carnivalapple lol. CONGRATS!

I thought SL would look longer than it actually is... so now I'm thinking I won't be content until APL :-X

I'll still be hanging out in here since im aiming for full SL... and I like it in here :-) I also joined the HYH challenge so I'll probably be in sew ins, and buns btwn installs, until the end of the year.

Happy hair growing ladies! And congratulations to all the graduates!

I thought SL would look longer than it actually is... so now I'm thinking I won't be content until APL :-X

Feel the same way. I am hoping it feels longer at APL.

I'll still be hanging out in here since im aiming for full SL... and I like it in here :-)

I like it in here too. I don't really feel like a part of the board in general no matter how much I post. But I do feel like I belong in her. :yep:

There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. :lol:

Feel the same way. I am hoping it feels longer at APL.

I like it in here too. I don't really feel like a part of the board in general no matter how much I post. But I do feel like I belong in her. :yep:

There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. :lol:

I echo that :):look::look:

NikkiQ, I saw your reveal pics. And you made great progress. If you BCd in Feb and you are back or nearly back to the same length in June as you were in December, I think that is extremely good.

And loved the WNG. I didn't see that pic before. ooo mama :spinning:

@NikkiQ, I saw your reveal pics. And you made great progress. If you BCd in Feb and you are back or nearly back to the same length in June as you were in December, I think that is extremely good.

And loved the WNG. I didn't see that pic before. ooo mama :spinning:

Aww thanks faithVA!! I think it's pretty decent progress but of course I want more :lol:. I thought you saw the wash n go pics!! Here they go then.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 27
Aww thanks @faithVA!! I think it's pretty decent progress but of course I want more :lol:.

I definitely understand. I want to reach APL and wear my hair down for 2 weeks. I haven't had hair in so long I don't even remember it. Maybe I had hair in 2002?

I thought you saw the wash n go pics!! Here they go then.

I remember the thread but I must have been bouncing around and didn't catch the final pictures. You have a nice loose curl pattern. Looks good in a WNG. I just have a big ol fro. :afro:

Back