SHOULDER LENGTH 2011 CHALLENGE!

Please add me to this challenge...I was on my way to APL hair by the end of this year but ended up relaxing my 2.5 years natural hair...which caused major breakage in the front...I only have 2-3 inches to reach full SL.. And will be transitioning using BKT

jaded_faerie Welcome! Just answer the questions in the 1st post, and I will add your name.

^^^People are dead serious and committed up in here! lol. I've been in SL challenges in past years and the success rates were never this high. (including myself :lol: I've failed several SL challenges)

I wonder if its bc more people are natural in general on the boards? Hmm, thats a thought (yes I know relaxed hair can be healthy too, but SOME of us had to let the chemicals go to get our hair to progress).

i haven't been in this thread in a minute...i dont have pics, but i think i can claim full SL now...i hit SL probably around Feb/March...looking forward to APL! congrats to all the ladies that reached their goal!

^^^People are dead serious and committed up in here! lol. I've been in SL challenges in past years and the success rates were never this high. (including myself :lol: I've failed several SL challenges)

I wonder if its bc more people are natural in general on the boards? Hmm, thats a thought (yes I know relaxed hair can be healthy too, but SOME of us had to let the chemicals go to get our hair to progress).

ITA!! I was in the SL 2010 challenge and even though I made SL then (relaxed/transitioning), I didn't see as many ladies coming in saying they made SL. This is awesome! :yep:

yeah, there are some intimidating lengths on the board! lol and I think that those who are in the "in between" stage (longer than a twa but shorter than SL) tend to lurk until they reach SL. I haven't seen many pics posted of shorter hair....that's what makes this thread so special! :Rose:
ITA!! I was in the SL 2010 challenge and even though I made SL then (relaxed/transitioning), I didn't see as many ladies coming in saying they made SL. This is awesome! :yep:

Imani, You deserve some credit for the success of this thread as well. So thank you. You have been very present and active in the thread giving it much life. It may seem small but your continual presence makes a difference. I am on some other threads where the OP doesn't check in much and so they aren't as active.

It must be a really good thread because the SL graduates won't leave :lol:

So thank you. :thankyou:

And thank you to the rest of the ladies in the thread for keeping this thread hoppin.

yeah, there are some intimidating lengths on the board! lol and I think that those who are in the "in between" stage (longer than a twa but shorter than SL) tend to lurk until they reach SL. I haven't seen many pics posted of shorter hair....that's what makes this thread so special! :Rose:

So true! There isn't much praise for us shorter haired ladies hitting these major milestones. That's why in the June 2011 Graduates thread, i said i was maybe SL but it wasn't that big of a deal. There's so much emphasis on MBL and beyond on this board that it makes SL look like peanuts :lol:. I wish we could make this a SL to APL challenge lol

Thanks! I haven't been in as often lately bc I just moved and have a new job so can't be up on the boards all day like I used to at my old job, lol! If I'm on during the day its briefly on my phone.

I'm definitely predicting at least half the challengers making apl by yr end!

Sent from my SGH-T839 using SGH-T839

Thanks! I haven't been in as often lately bc I just moved and have a new job so can't be up on the boards all day like I used to at my old job, lol! If I'm on during the day its briefly on my phone.

I'm definitely predicting at least half the challengers making apl by yr end!

Sent from my SGH-T839 using SGH-T839

I agree!! And Imani I think you should be in charge of the BSL 2012 challenge thread since there isn't one :yep:

To me BSL is the top and the bottom is almost MBL. what is BCB?

Thanks.

Ok now you know I have that wrong. :lol: I meant BSB; below shoulder blade. doh

It looks like BSB and BSL may be the same on me. I think WL is about 5 inches below BSL for me. I can't tell at the moment where MBL is.

Thanks.

Ok now you know I have that wrong. :lol: I meant BSB; below shoulder blade. doh

It looks like BSB and BSL may be the same on me. I think WL is about 5 inches below BSL for me. I can't tell at the moment where MBL is.

Once I get to APL, everything else is like 2 to 3 inches apart from each other.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SPH-D700

I agree!! And Imani I think you should be in charge of the BSL 2012 challenge thread since there isn't one :yep:

Guuuurl, I don't know about that one:lol: The middle lengths-APL and BSL seem to always have like two tons of challengers! It tapers off once you get to MBL and longer challenges (yeah, I peep in the longer challenges for inspiration from time to time :look:) . This has been a manageable amount of people to keep up with.

I know, right. I feel like once I make APL, it should be breezy making the other lengths.

I feel the same way plus i really like this challenge. All the girls here are quite supportive and there is a lot of love in this thread. Im sticking to this thread until i make it to full SL as I cheer all the other challengers.

How many in to SL??? I think I probably have about an inch or so??? Idk! Finally able to take a decent pic.

Attachments

• michelle.jpeg
    michelle.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 50
by the way for those of you who have hit SL are you changing anything in your Regime. I have decided to change my regime?

^^^^ What do you plan to change and why? I'm looking for ideas.

tori_mama, Im also looking for ideas coz i know getting past SL is quite tough. I will definately up my psing. I always seem to manipulate my hair on wash days so Im like instead of Dcing 2 a week I will change to once weekly.
I will be clarifying once times a month.
use my sulfur mix 2 - 3 times a week.
Im still thinking what i have to do but i should come up with a regime before sunday when I plan to DC.

Back