SHOULDER LENGTH 2011 CHALLENGE!

Missjae09, thanks for sharing. Thats kind of what I was thinking might would happen at the derm. It is disappointing tho, if you are like me, you prob thought they would have some miracle cure or something that would help. But oh well, at least ur nape is doing fine now. My little trouble spot is doing ok as well, I guess I will just have to be patient and deal with the fact that it is just more fragile and slower growing than the rest of my hair.

I was going to go the derm anyway for my acne (i'm almost 30, I want clear skin d@mnit!). I may or may not even mention my hair/scalp problem.

Imani, yeah, I kind of knew that would happen as well, but I was hoping I could get a shot or they would recommend a supplement that would help a sista out! lol oh well.

Anyway, Thanks girl!

I know what you mean about the skin thing... I want clear skin and I want my hair to grow down my long neck! lol

@Missjae09, thanks for sharing. Thats kind of what I was thinking might would happen at the derm. It is disappointing tho, if you are like me, you prob thought they would have some miracle cure or something that would help. But oh well, at least ur nape is doing fine now. My little trouble spot is doing ok as well, I guess I will just have to be patient and deal with the fact that it is just more fragile and slower growing than the rest of my hair.

I was going to go the derm anyway for my acne (i'm almost 30, I want clear skin d@mnit!). I may or may not even mention my hair/scalp problem.

so i have decided to end my strech this coming weekend. I will be 14 weeks post and this would be my longest stretch since the start of my HHJ. I always relax 10 - 12 weeks.

Any this means that I will be posting and hopefully claiming SL next weekend. I hope im not on the overdue list Imani :):grin:

so i have decided to end my strech this coming weekend. I will be 14 weeks post and this would be my longest stretch since the start of my HHJ. I always relax 10 - 12 weeks.

Any this means that I will be posting and hopefully claiming SL next weekend. I hope im not on the overdue list @Imani :):grin:

I am looking forward to your progress pics. Good luck... rooting for you. :yep:

Hey ladies!!! How is everyone doing?? Half way through the year already and I know we're right on schedule with claiming SL!!

Hey Ladies,
I'm still in a bun and 11 weeks post this week, I only do a length check when I get a touch-up b/c I have so much shrinkage. I do not relax before 12 weeks but I am not sure when I will be relaxing, I am thinking more so at 4 months post but not sure just yet.

Can't wait to see pictures of the SL graduates ;)

I'm still hanging in there (braids under my wigs). My hair is growing, but very slooooowy. I plan to do a length check on Aug. 13 and will post pics then. Congrats to the graduates, and good luck to those of us still going strong!

OMG LADIES!!!!! I did a much needed pre-poo, shampoo, DC and double detangling session after a week in my janky twists. I decided to have the future DH take a length check pic for me as a before pic since I'm about to start my Nioxin and OMG....I think I can claim SL!!! What do you ladies think???

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 46
OMG LADIES!!!!! I did a much needed pre-poo, shampoo, DC and double detangling session after a week in my janky twists. I decided to have the future DH take a length check pic for me as a before pic since I'm about to start my Nioxin and OMG....I think I can claim SL!!! What do you ladies think???

bravo:clapping::dance7:, claim it girl!!!!!

:congrats: :yahoo: :woohoo:

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

APL here she comes.

Thanks faithVA I can't wait to see your length check!!! I'm totally not leaving this challenge yet. I'm riding it out with my SL ladies til the end!

Thanks @faithVA I can't wait to see your length check!!! I'm totally not leaving this challenge yet. I'm riding it out with my SL ladies til the end!

My next check will be without heat and that will be in September. I have some dusting to do between now and then. I'm not happy with my ends. I will do my official APL check in December.

So you may beat me to APL. But I will meet you there girl.

There is no beating you there woman. As long as we can both do our APL dance, I'm happy :yep:

I'm about to make the SO measure how far I have before I get to APL :lol:

I took my braids out early and...I have an announcement...

drumroll, please...

The back layer of my hair is now Shoulder Length!!!

Now if only the rest would hurry and catch up...

Tis all...

Tah Tah for now...

drumroll, please...

Tis all...

Tah Tah for now...

Congratulations Evallusion, um but wheres the picture(s). You know we like pictures.

I know. :( But my camera has been out of commission since my last pic (avi pic on May 25th). But as soon as I get a new one (I'm want another Canon), I will post up. Promise!

Congrats NikkiQ for getting over the SL mountain!

Update for me -I'm in the no heat challenge til Sept so bunning or low manipulation styles til then, im also using this opportunity to attempt a long stretch relax @ 14-15weeks post and length check!

Well I'm taking a break from protective styling...it lasted for about a month. Now that I have my internship =D I will be back to wearing my hair down, and bunning only 2-3x a week. I was told by about 6 people how much my hair has grown =) I love that feeling.

PaigeJessica I just noticed we BC'd at the same time and we have the same name...well part of it (Jessica) I hope we BOTH make SL by the 1-year Nappiversary in September!

itsjusthair88 I'm sure we will! I love the gif in your signature it's so cute:grin:

For the first time since my BC I'm kinda feeling like I don't have super short hair anymore...like when it's stretched I can do a lot of styles I couldn't before. Flat twists are a lot easier too. It's a nice feeling to have my hair almost back to shoulder length :yep:.

NikkiQ CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!!! :dance7:

drumroll, please...

Tis all...

Tah Tah for now...

Congrats!!!!! Adding you to the June grads as well!

Back