Should She Sleep With This Married Man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetHappy2014

I know that most of your answers would probably be the same as mine .... But there is more to the story...so read on and then decide....My friend (once co-worker) met a guy about one year ago. He was in the lobby of her office building ... Waiting for clearance to enter the building (not an employee) & she was waiting for the elevator. When she first approached he smiled at her and said "hi". She found him handsome and responded in kind. He is now also waiting for the elevator he compliments her outfit. While on the elevator with other co-workers, he stands uncomfortably close to her. As she gets off on her floor he says for all to hear , "Have a great day". She picks up on his flirting and is flattered. The following week she runs into him on the elevator, he introduces himself and give her his business card. He owns his own consulting business and has contracts with her company. These run-ins continue over the course of a month. One day he runs into her in the cafeteria, he approaches her and asked why hasn't he heard from her. She replies, cause she hasn't been in need of consulting. They are talking in a crowded cafeteria, for all to see. Not long after their very public exchange, she calls him. Very early in the conversation he says to her, you know I'm married, right? She explained to him that she did not know, and that she does not 'do married men' and abruptly ended their call. About two months pass and no sign of Mr. Player. Then...as she is walking through the lobby someone calls out for her from behind ... She turns around and it's him.....she gives him an unpleasant look and is waiting to hear what he wants. He asks her how she's been... She responds with short, flippant answers. Later that day she runs into him again with a crowd of people around she attempts to ignore him but he calls out for her. She turns around and says hi and notices other people are watching their exchange. One particular woman has this look of surprise/confusion. Well.... Turns out not only is he married... But he is married to someone who works for her company..... A co-worker. Not long after these public exchanges ... She begins to get unexplained "eye rolls" , stares and "disses". It took her months to figure out where this tension stemmed from (cause no one has ever told her about his wife or anything about him). Well, Ms. Wifey who always worked in close proximity of my friend was spreading rumors and building alliances against my friend, as if an affair was going on. Without my friend even knowing anything. So very recently out of the sheer frustration from dealing with Ms. Wifey and her shenanigans (& for vengeance) she agreed to go out to dinner with Mr. Player ( he continued to publicly pursue her at work ). She had hoped he would come clean and tell her everything but instead he just wanted to take things further. Since, I once worked for the company I can describe the atmosphere... If you wonder how uncomfortable this situation can be...Since, most of Wifey's friends/co-workers/ posse are probably those she once managed, this group can be un-professional and ruthless. Wifey even managed to turn mutual co-workers/friends against her. Although my friend can hold her own... I don't think it's fair what she has had to endure. So, how should she handle this?

She should've been firm with him from the get go. Going out on a date just added fuel to the fire and have given the rumor mill ammunition.

She should tell him firmly that she no longer wants to interact with him on a non-professional level. Document when she tells him and document his interactions with her after that in case it becomes a harassment case. What has made it less than clear cut is her actually dating him. She played herself with that one.

Lastly, everybody already thinks she's a hussy (and now they have proof) so nothing can be done about that now. At least she doesn't have to fake friend it around the organization anymore :look:

For months & months she maintain ed professionalism. Tried to ignore the 'bad behavior' and it has not gotten her anywhere. She was vilified because someone's husband was being inappropriate. I need y'all to dig a little deeper for me to buy into this 'turn the other cheek'. Where is the wife's responsibility in all of this?

For months & months she maintain ed professionalism. Tried to ignore the 'bad behavior' and it has not gotten her anywhere. She was vilified because someone's husband was being inappropriate. I need y'all to dig a little deeper for me to buy into this 'turn the other cheek'. Where is the wife's responsibility in all of this?

What she's going to do? Sleep with him and beat up his wife? :rolleyes:

There's no revenge to be taken. She's not he only one he's flirting with, dating or even sleeping with. She'll just join his harem and then what? She needs to dig deeper and pull the last ounces of her pride and dignity together.

So she went on a date with a married man, because vengeance? And is now considering sleeping with said married man, again to.... get back at his wife? How are these the only options? Are we being punked? Because...

thoughtful-oprah.gif

OP, is this woman YOU?

What sort of foolishness is this?! Life ain't a cakewalk, people get their cardio in by junping to conclusions and at some point we all end up as gossip. Why sleeping with this jerk is an option is beyond me!

What you/her need to do is move on from the drama, excel at the work being given and let yours/her integrity speak for itself.

ETA: Why did she go on a date?! SMH!

I wouldn't go out with him or sleep with him. I would firmly, probably rudely, tell him to leave me alone and I would confront the wife alone.

Since a spectacle is already being made, I would cry some crocodile tears to gain sympathy from my coworkers and make him look like a snake and make her look like a conniving, insecure shrew.

OP, is this woman YOU?

What sort of foolishness is this?! Life ain't a cakewalk, people get their cardio in by junping to conclusions and at some point we all end up as gossip. Why sleeping with this jerk is an option is beyond me!

What you/her need to do is move on from the drama, excel at the work being given and let yours/her integrity speak for itself.

ETA: Why did she go on a date?! SMH!
No...it's not me. It's truly my friend and because I know she is a good person who always tries to do right by people, I am bothered when... Bullies take advantage of that fact. I used to work there and for the most part it is a professional environment but then you get an element that feels the way to handle private marital issues is by dragging innocent people. Yes, she is innocent. She just very recently agreed to the dinner, because although she doesn't want to show her vulnerability... This is really affecting her. She has never entertained a married man, but she is at her wits end. You can only turn the other cheek but so many times. I am sure she will not sleep with him, but me as an outsider I would like for the wife and her hoodlum friends to pay for how they treated her. She doesn't deserve it.

1. Paragraphs are your friend
2. So the only option for you/your friend is to pass her puss to a married man for the sake of revenge? Is leaving him alone not an option or does she/you want to prove to everyone that she's/you're the hoe everyone already thinks she is???
3. You are wayyyy to invested in this. Let your friend police her life and be there for her emotionally. Like...why...huh??

So she went on a date with a married man, because vengeance?
Although I have never... Going out on a date with a married man is not the worst thing someone can do... Give it a break.... Women sleep with married men everyday. Why do I feel like I am in the Christian forum ( forgive me Jesus)? Yep, she did it to spite the wife.

Although I have never... Going out on a date with a married man is not the worst thing someone can do... Give it a break.... Women sleep with married men everyday. Why do I feel like I am in the Christian forum ( forgive me Jesus)? Yep, she did it to spite the wife.

It's top 3 worst things you can do when 1) the married man is a coworker's spouse and 2) the situation at work is already tense.

Is your friend interested in trying to solve to problem or does she just want to make some kind of pointless point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back