She Back Ya'll...She Went IN!!! NSFW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She really does make naturals look bad. Every natural is not how she makes us out to be. I feel like once she got on world star people were checking for her and as a natural woman, she should be trying to present a beautiful picture of natural hair and not one that natural hair is not all that. Granted its hard being natural for some but she shouldn't be complaining every day about her hair. She needs to perm that hair of hers so she can be happy on the other side. I don't really want her on my side with all that negativity about natural hair.

About the video, I didn't find it funny... I wanted to but :nono:

She really does make naturals look bad. Every natural is not how she makes us out to be. I feel like once she got on world star people were checking for her and as a natural woman, she should be trying to present a beautiful picture of natural hair and not one that natural hair is not all that. Granted its hard being natural for some but she shouldn't be complaining every day about her hair. She needs to perm that hair of hers so she can be happy on the other side. I don't really want her on my side with all that negativity about natural hair.

She's a walking (driving) stereotype and contradiction.

I actually like that she's such an a-hole with natural hair. I can't stand it when people act as if natural women are supposed to be these peaceful, heal the world type people...everyone is different and hair doesn't make a personality.

Unfortunately I can't say what I want to say - which is, she can't make naturals look bad, she can only make herself look bad...because we all know how people are placed in groups and "represent" them...sigh.

I don't believe she is making all naturals look bad. But I have seen her videos pop on several "I Hate BW" youtube channels/sites to prove how "sistas" are crazy, foul-mouthed, and despise their "ugly naps." I see her video, not the countless other positive hair videos, on blogs and sites like Bossip and the like. It's not the best PR I would would want for African American hair. We don't need more ammunition shot at us. Oh wells. I guess you can't help it.

But I guess it's their fault for wasting their time posting her videos all over the place.

despicable-me-3.jpg
I thought the video was funny, but that is not why I am posting. What movie is this from?

I just about choked laughing at this! She made my day! Her delivery may have been a bit crazy but she was on point with what she was saying!!!

Are we in the middle of the School Daze movie or something? What is the deal with these "sides":ohwell:?

I think this was part of why she was frustrated. Someone accused her of going to the other "side" because she wore her hair straight. Being natural is not a cult, gang or sorority. Himay10nance ranting about her hair doesn't have a thing to do with me or any other natural. It's HER hair. I would also be offended if some chick I kind of knew took MY hairstyle on MY head personally and make a snarky remark.

I've never met so many people actually offended by foul language. Yall are SO dang classy! :lol: I need to meet some classy folk like yall IRL :lol:

Are we in the middle of the School Daze movie or something? What is the deal with these "sides":ohwell:?

I think this was part of why she was frustrated. Someone accused her of going to the other "side" because she wore her hair straight. Being natural is not a cult, gang or sorority. Himay10nance ranting about her hair doesn't have a thing to do with me or any other natural. It's HER hair. I would also be offended if some chick I kind of knew took MY hairstyle on MY head personally and make a snarky remark.

Ikr "I really don't want her sitting at my table because she cannot accept natural hair like I do" :lachen:

this is so funny to me. Sometimes we need to just laugh at things/people and stop whining about every little thing. geez

I actually meant she makes naturals seem bad and it's true. She makes so many videos talking bad about natural women and it makes no sense. She lumps us into a category so yes it is about sides, unfortunately. I never hear her speak about them relaxed "hoes". I didn't think the comment was rude or anything like that. Shoot, when I wear straight wigs, people can't wait to ask me if I went back. I don't find it offensive. It's a honest question.

Ikr "I really don't want her sitting at my table because she cannot accept natural hair like I do" :lachen:

this is so funny to me. Sometimes we need to just laugh at things/people and stop whining about every little thing. geez

You should be telling her that. Last time I checked, all she did was whine. :look:

SkysMommy I don't think it was the woman asking her about her hair that offended her, it was that she said she was DISAPPOINTED in her. That would anger me as well.

EllePixie

:giggle: Mayyyyybeee, I didn't watch the whole video past her intro rant :look:.... In that case, I would be offended too :yep:

My opinion still stands though based on her other videos about how bad naturals are. I just wish she would shed some positive light on being natural because I know some nice naturals are reaching out to her with advice.

I actually meant she makes naturals seem bad and it's true. She makes so many videos talking bad about natural women and it makes no sense. She lumps us into a category so yes it is about sides, unfortunately. I never hear her speak about them relaxed "hoes". I didn't think the comment was rude or anything like that. Shoot, when I wear straight wigs, people can't wait to ask me if I went back. I don't find it offensive. It's a honest question.
@ first bolded. Not for me:look: I know the type of naturals she is talking about and they are freaking annoying. Most aren't like that but they are out there. Other naturals on LHCF and Youtube have touched on it also even your girl Kimmaytube. They just didn't go as hard as Himay10nence :lol:.

@ second bolded. The woman didn't ask her anything (another point she made), just came at her with some dumb comment about her hair. I don't get offended by people inquiring my hair either. I do, however, get offended when I decide to press my hair and the chick who spoke to me everyday starts eyerolling and sucking teeth because she ASSUMES I got a relaxer. I get offended when I share a story and get called a name because someone didn't think I "checked" the person.:huh: You can tell when someone is genuinely curious and when they are trying to be snarky.

I do agree with you on one point though. If I had been natural for that long and still couldn't handle my hair, I would either relax or heat train.

ETA: She is friends with and subscribed to alot of natural girls.

Last edited:
ETA: She is friends with and subscribed to alot of natural girls.

And she supports them, too, which is cool. :yep:

But I still can see where SkysMommy is coming from and I think the bigger issue is what people find most shocking and appealing and will consequently get posted on multiple sites, either to reinforce existing prejudices, or to simply get a good laugh. She comes with the real (sometimes, the too real :ohwell:) about the struggles of natural hair. With this particular video, she came with some serious truth and she did it in a way that's comedic (for some) and makes you either laugh at her or laugh with her. The way I would have put it is, "how do you reconcile calling yourself a natural head when you consume products that are filthy and unnatural?" But do you really think that's going to get me posted on Bossip? World Star Hip Hop?

I'll give you a second to think.

Yeah, I didn't think so, either. :ohwell:

In other words, some of it has nothing to do with her "representing natural women;" she's representing her own truth and her own way of framing it, but others are using it for their own ends. It doesn't mean that she shouldn't speak her truth the way she wants to. It just means that people who don't communicate in like manner will never get the YouTube hits or have threads created about them like she will.

I think some of her frustration is that she is stuck in that awkward stage. You know, when your hair is too long to be a cut twa but not quite long enough. You want to cut it again so it will be cute again but you don't want to push back your progress. That stage is hideous.

She comes with the real (sometimes, the too real :ohwell:) about the struggles of natural hair. With this particular video, she came with some serious truth and she did it in a way that's comedic (for some) and makes you either laugh at her or laugh with her. The way I would have put it is, "how do you reconcile calling yourself a natural head when you consume products that are filthy and unnatural?"

My question is, "What does one have to do with the other?"

Having natural hair means you choose to not permanently alter the hair that grows out of your head. What on earth does that have to do with what you eat? :look:

I have always viewed this argument as far fetched and desperate.

Other races wear their hair as it naturally grows out of their head without these expectations or correlations. Yet it seems that if you have nappy hair and wear your hair as it naturally grows out of your head, it is invalidated because your are not a vegan or if you do not use all natural products.

Please (eye roll inserted).

She offers no truths or thought provoking theories. All she offers is vulgarity and defensiveness.

Last edited:
1. you stated you had never heard of people having skin removed for health reasons. you haven't heard of skin cancer? how old are YOU?

2. i know that heart disease is a major killer. but since when does 'avoiding chemicals' have to be either or? hypocrites would be on either side in that case.

i find this woman tacky and kinda sad. a fun thread is the breast milk thread. not this display of angry black woman 'tude.

:lol::lol::lol: then sweetie go back to the breastmilk thread!!!its that simple lol[btw if u think tht thread is funny your sense of humor sucks...like forreal]
if u dont like the thread then DONT COMMENT
yall makin this thread something serious i swear half on the ppl on this forum have no sense of humor whatsoever...thats prob why half of yall cant find a man...always turning everything into a serious matter:rolleyes:
chillax lol,d@mn

:lol::lol::lol: then sweetie go back to the breastmilk thread!!!its that simple lol[btw if u think tht thread is funny your sense of humor sucks...like forreal]
if u dont like the thread then DONT COMMENT
yall makin this thread something serious i swear half on the ppl on this forum have no sense of humor whatsoever...thats prob why half of yall cant find a man...always turning everything into a serious matter:rolleyes:
chillax lol,d@mn

:ohwell::perplexed:blush::look::lol::lachen::nono::lol::grin::drunk: <----my face when read the bolded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back